You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 New Orleans Saints Draft Talk:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
It appears Charles Harris is the HOT name for the Saints at 11... if this happens people this is NOT a reach!!!

He's the 15th overall player on my board and is arguably the best edge rusher after Garrett with the physical tools to be a double digit sack guy.

Funny... Mike Mayock does one mock a year, he gives Saints Harris at 11 then all of a sudden guys like McShay scramble to change their final mocks and copy picks like this.

Inside info on Mayocks part?

What are your thoughts on Harris? Especially in relation to Thomas, Barnett, Taco and Willis?

Garrett is the clear top edge rusher but I have MAJOR concerns with motor and love of the sport with him.

Thomas is a phenomenal player but a slightly above average edge rusher... his value is in his versatility.

I love Barrett's motor and technique but he is a limited athlete.

The more I watch Taco the less I like... motor concerns as well as a clear lack of explosion, likley a LE in the league.

Willis is a player I really like, very underrated who will have a better career than a few players drafted ahead of him at same position.

Harris is one of the more underrated players in the draft... excellent get off / first step quickness. Array of pass rush moves with violent hands. Started off slow this year due to a change in scheme where he was asked to 2-gap, exploded for 9 sacks once switch was made back to original scheme to a pentreating attacking defense which is what the Saints want to run. He's also adept to playing in the DE/Leo position and can drop and cover zone/flat.

Harris is Ryan Kerrigan to me.

WHODAT91FOREVER
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of other personal notes on the draft from my perspective and amount of work I put into it this year...

1. Jamal Adams to me is the #1 prospect in this draft.
Adams is an elite prospect at a rapidly ascending position of value in the NFL but it's his Alpha male leadership qualities that make him stand out. When your picking a defensive prospect this early you need a guy who will take charge of the lockerroom and has proven that his teammates will follow him. Adams does this better than anyone, Myles Garrett does not.

This is no hometown love here for the LSU product... just what my research has lead me to believe.

2. The best QB in this class is Clemson's DeShaun Watson.
Love the kids make up and feel he's an underrated passer based off of the offense he played in at Clemson. Watson has been battle tested and is a proven winner, he has the it factor.

3. My favorite linebacker in the draft is Florida's Jarrad Davis.
Top 15 prospect in my opinion! Likley to be a mid-round 1st but I feel will eventually carve out a better NFL career than both Foster and Reddick.

4. Cornerback is a major need but this draft offers options beyond 11.
If Lattimore happens to fall to 11 then the Saints may have their hand forced but if he dosent there will be starting caliber options at pick 32 and 42 so don't sweat it.

5. I love the running backs this year... Saints will draft one at some point.
Peterson is a nice 1-2 year addition but Ingram is also getting older with mileage. This is a deep class of backs and I suspect the Saints to grab one in round 3.

6. Don't be shocked to see the Saints take a safety high.
Like RB, the safety class is also very plentiful this year. The Saints believe in their big nickel package and will all but surely be looking to add to it this year.

7. DO NOT FORCE THE PICK ON A EDGE RUSHER!!!
If the value meets the pick than yes but pray the Saints do not over reach for a presumed top rusher. Players like Derek Barnett seems logical and people like to compare his college production and lack of athleticism to Terrell Suggs but that's the exception... the reality is a comparison to a guy like Jarvis Jones who also was an elite productive SEC sack Master who many Saints fans (including myself) wanted in 2014 but looking back in it, Kenny Vaccaro was the right pick at the time.

Never force it... allow the flow of the draft to dictate value!

PS: if the Saints pick ANY offensive lineman at pick 11 this year then Benson should immediately fire the entire staff...coaches and front office.

WHODAT91FOREVER
tyler735

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait so exciting with all these early picks. There's so much suspense as there are so many directions they might go tonight. As long as 11 isn't a QB, OT, or Charlton I'll more then likely be content with the pick. Really hoping someone unexpected falls to us at 11. Maybe a couple QBs will go earlier than expected and cause a ripple effect
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
Can't wait so exciting with all these early picks. There's so much suspense as there are so many directions they might go tonight. As long as 11 isn't a QB, OT, or Charlton I'll more then likely be content with the pick. Really hoping someone unexpected falls to us at 11. Maybe a couple QBs will go earlier than expected and cause a ripple effect

The Saints should be the biggest fans of Trubisky, Watson and Mahomes all going in the top 10... Fournette and McAffrey too!!!

Might be why the Saints spent so much time scouting QB's and taking up RB class.

WHODAT91FOREVER
saintsfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Tennessee trades out of the top 10 then I see us having a legit shot at Lattimore. Denver is rumored to be looking at McCaffrey, I could see them flip picks with the Bills to jump us for him.

Adopt A Saint 2016
WR Michael Thomas 92 catches 1,137 yards 9 TDs
SS Kenny Vaccaro 68 tackles 1 sack 2 FF 1 FR 2 INT 5 PD
tyler735

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:

The Saints should be the biggest fans of Trubisky, Watson and Mahomes all going in the top 10... Fournette and McAffrey too!!!

Might be why the Saints spent so much time scouting QB's and taking up RB class.

As much as I love McCaffrey, I would like this scenario as it would give us a chance at top tier guys such as Adams, Lattimore, Hooker, or Thomas. That said I wouldn't be disappointed if McCaffrey was the pick. Ideally though Lattimore falls to us in some sort of miracle. Obviously highly unlikely but I can dream Laughing
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid Iowa wrote:
saintsfan wrote:
How far do you think Conley falls due to the rape allegations?
Hopefully to #32. I think it's a witch hunt, and I hope I'm right.

Nobody deserves to be raped, so if he's guilty, I hope he burns.
I'll also say, nobody deserves to be accused of rape if they're innocent. If he is indeed innocent, you know he'll be playing with an "I told ya so" chip, and will become an all pro.

And if they draft him and he turns out to be a rapist we've wasted that 32nd pick a bunch of guys were so worried we'd whiff on.

People were mad we only got the 32 for cooks because they were worried we'd blow the pick, but on the other hand you'd be willing to take a chance on a guy that has a 50/50 chance of being cut from the team if he really has committed this crime.

I'd like to hear the opinions of people who didn't like the cooks trade cause they were sure we'd whiff on the 32nd pick, what would they think of drafting a guy who like this, who not only comes with all the risk that comes with any pick but also the fact that he may never take an NFL snap if the accusations are true.

I personally hope we steer clear of him. Take best defender available at 11 and then BPA in the secondary or front 7 (whichever wasn't addressed at 11) at 32
Raves

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsfan wrote:
How far do you think Conley falls due to the rape allegations?

What's sad for him is there is already video evidence not to mention the statements from witness countering her claims and he's still going to be punished for it.
WhoDatNation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Jordan Willis and Fabian Moreau, but I seem to be alone there. At least with Moreau... If we take a second cb in the 3rd round, I like Tennessee's Cameron Sutton.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhoDatNation wrote:
I like Jordan Willis and Fabian Moreau, but I seem to be alone there. At least with Moreau... If we take a second cb in the 3rd round, I like Tennessee's Cameron Sutton.

If I'm taking a risk on a corner tonight at 32 or 42 I'm drafting Sidney Jones!

Top 10 prospect who will be back by at least week 8 if not by season opener.

WHODAT91FOREVER
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
WhoDatNation wrote:

If I'm taking a risk on a corner tonight at 32 or 42 I'm drafting Sidney Jones!

Top 10 prospect who will be back by at least week 8 if not by season opener.
ehhh, I'd be fine at 42. I wouldn't be stoked at 32.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:
Lets goooooo. It can't come soon enough. Hope we aren't disappointed!

Over the years I've learned to not over react during and immediately after the draft...

I hated the Will Smith pick when we had Grant and Howard already... I was wrong!

I wanted Jarvis Jones over Kenny Vaccaro... I was wrong!

I wanted Brian Cushing over Malcolm Jenkins... Clay Matthews made me wrong!

I wanted Drew Brees over Deuce McAllister, Mcallister is beloved but Brees is Brees!

Now I've had my fair share of "I told you so's"

I wanted Terrell Suggs over Jonathan Sullivan.

I wanted Greg Olsen over Robert Meachem.

I wanted Jermey Shockey over Dante Stallworth.

I've learned to hit the pause button for a while and allow these players to be the ones to determine if they were the right pick or not before I rush to judgement. Reguardless tho, once they become a Saint they have my support.

Ahhh... Jarvis Jones. Probably my biggest miss in recent history. I really wanted him and while I didn't HATE the Vaccaro pick, I was disappointed. Then Jarvis busted (not even due to health issues like people might've thought) and Vaccaro is the 2nd best player on our defense.

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:
Lets goooooo. It can't come soon enough. Hope we aren't disappointed!

Over the years I've learned to not over react during and immediately after the draft...

I hated the Will Smith pick when we had Grant and Howard already... I was wrong!

I wanted Jarvis Jones over Kenny Vaccaro... I was wrong!

I wanted Brian Cushing over Malcolm Jenkins... Clay Matthews made me wrong!

I wanted Drew Brees over Deuce McAllister, Mcallister is beloved but Brees is Brees!

Now I've had my fair share of "I told you so's"

I wanted Terrell Suggs over Jonathan Sullivan.

I wanted Greg Olsen over Robert Meachem.

I wanted Jermey Shockey over Dante Stallworth.

I've learned to hit the pause button for a while and allow these players to be the ones to determine if they were the right pick or not before I rush to judgement. Reguardless tho, once they become a Saint they have my support.

Ahhh... Jarvis Jones. Probably my biggest miss in recent history. I really wanted him and while I didn't HATE the Vaccaro pick, I was disappointed. Then Jarvis busted (not even due to health issues like people might've thought) and Vaccaro is the 2nd best player on our defense.
Wink

WHODAT91FOREVER
tyler735

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go!!!
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
Here we go!!!

Garrett #1... now the draft starts!!!

WHODAT91FOREVER

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 2 of 26

Jump to: