Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 New Orleans Saints Draft Talk:
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: 2017 New Orleans Saints Draft Talk: Reply with quote

Well it's that time again Saints fans!

We're less than 24 hours away from getting yet another draft underway and most importantly one in which our Saints are armed with 5 picks within the first 103. By all accounts this has been viewed by many (myself included) as one of the deepest draft classes in years so the Saints have an opportunity to really improve their current roster as well as adding some foundation pieces for the future as well.

Unlike most Saints drafts… this is a year where intrigue and anticipation will fuel most Saints fans as it's anyone's guess who the Saints might be secretly coveting. Yes of course they value defense this year but despite adding Adrain Peterson, Running back is still very much a possibility with such a stacked class there this year. Could it be simply that when the Saints go on the clock at 11 a wide receiver is the best player on the board or even a tight end? Players such as Corey Davis and OJ Howard could make that a reality. Then there is the 800 lb gorilla in the room… is there a quarterback in this years class that Sean Payton's loves? One thing to remember is that GM Mickey Loomis has been a proponent of finding a successor to Brees over the last few years so that could play a role this year with players such as Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes potentially available to the Saints.

Defensively it's obvious that there are needs throughout the board with the exception of maybe defensive tackle. However Alabama’s Jonathan Allen, once viewed as a potential #1 overall pick could be on the board at 11 do to injury concerns. Edge rusher will be a vocal point for the Saints but with Myles Garrett long gone by pick 11, how do the Saints truly view Derek Barnett? Linebacker is still a major need and Rueben Foster could be a perennial pro-bowl player despite off field concerns and Hassan Reddick has been the faster riser of any prospect this offseason. I myself view Florida’s Jarrad Davis as the best linebacker in the draft. The Safety position is the deepest in recent memory and we all know of the Saints affinity of having 3 starting safety's in their “Big Nickel” package. The we get to cornerback where if Ohio States Marshon Lattimore happens to fall to 11 then all bets are off but behind that this is a VERY deep corner class where starting caliber players can be found at picks 32 or 42 and that's if the Saints don't make a draft day trade for New England's Malcolm Butler.

So as you can see… in my personal opinion, NO ONE in their right mind can honestly feel they have a good idea of where the Saints may opt to go this year. Yes they need defense but they won't go against their board and ignore highly graded offensive players for the sake of defense either. This will be a classic case of “how the board falls” to determine what the outcome will be for the Saints but the one thing I am sure of is that it will be exciting!

Let's discuss…

WHODAT

WHODAT91FOREVER
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the first time in a few years, I legitimately have no clue what direction we go. Because I am positive Lattimore won't fall to us, I think it may be eityher Barnett or Foster at 11. I don't think 32 is on the table for NE anymore and I am hoping best available CB or DL/LB (taking whichever we didn't take at 11). Although, and I suspect he won't be, I wouldn't be shocked at all of Mahomes was taken at 32 if there. I am not enamored with any of the QBs this year, which bites for me because I have been screaming "draft a QB early" the past few years and now when I think it could happen, I don't care for any of the options Laughing

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
For the first time in a few years, I legitimately have no clue what direction we go. Because I am positive Lattimore won't fall to us, I think it may be eityher Barnett or Foster at 11. I don't think 32 is on the table for NE anymore and I am hoping best available CB or DL/LB (taking whichever we didn't take at 11). Although, and I suspect he won't be, I wouldn't be shocked at all of Mahomes was taken at 32 if there. I am not enamored with any of the QBs this year, which bites for me because I have been screaming "draft a QB early" the past few years and now when I think it could happen, I don't care for any of the options Laughing

You just hit this draft on the head Navyman...

Barnett seems logical but how do the Saints view his upside and athletisim? Will he even be there at 11? Will Lattimore's hamstrings cause him to fall, will the Titans trade out of 5 (logical spot for Lattimore) with the Browns for a QB?

Does a top safety like Hooker fall?

What are the Saints TRUE view of Reuben Foster's off field troubles?

Despite Peterson onboard, can Payton resist McCaffery if available?

Will Mickey Loomis finally flex his muscle and draft a quarterback despite Payton and Brees wishes which could be the best option for the future of the franchise and if so who is that guy? Many like Mahomes but I have Watson as the top guy.

What if the Saints go on the clock and WR Corey Davis or TE OJ Howard are the top available players?

What if it's Jonathan Allen... where do you play him?

Or at the end of the day is it a lesser known guy that the Saints have coveted all along like Marlon Humphrey, Hassan Reddick, Takk McKinnley, etc.

So many questions about this draft which causes intrigue, I LOVE IT!!!

WHODAT91FOREVER
FLOODx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets goooooo. It can't come soon enough. Hope we aren't disappointed!

mike23md on the sig
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
Lets goooooo. It can't come soon enough. Hope we aren't disappointed!

Over the years I've learned to not over react during and immediately after the draft...

I hated the Will Smith pick when we had Grant and Howard already... I was wrong!

I wanted Jarvis Jones over Kenny Vaccaro... I was wrong!

I wanted Brian Cushing over Malcolm Jenkins... Clay Matthews made me wrong!

I wanted Drew Brees over Deuce McAllister, Mcallister is beloved but Brees is Brees!

Now I've had my fair share of "I told you so's"

I wanted Terrell Suggs over Jonathan Sullivan.

I wanted Greg Olsen over Robert Meachem.

I wanted Jermey Shockey over Dante Stallworth.

I've learned to hit the pause button for a while and allow these players to be the ones to determine if they were the right pick or not before I rush to judgement. Reguardless tho, once they become a Saint they have my support.

WHODAT91FOREVER
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best guess is that the Saints go CB and DE in some order in the first. It all depends on who is available.

Barnett/Humphrey at 11

King/Jackson/Willis/Taco at 32

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
FLOODx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saints gonna draft Cam Robinson at 11 and a QB at 32 and I'm going to cry like a baby

mike23md on the sig
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
Saints gonna draft Cam Robinson at 11 and a QB at 32 and I'm going to cry like a baby

You expecting a rePEAT there flood? Lol

WHODAT91FOREVER
saintsfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How far do you think Conley falls due to the rape allegations?

Adopt A Saint 2016
WR Michael Thomas 92 catches 1,137 yards 9 TDs
SS Kenny Vaccaro 68 tackles 1 sack 2 FF 1 FR 2 INT 5 PD
kelsobob

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like there's a pretty big bubble of players that could be selected at 11. This makes it a tad more exciting than usual. Other than QB, I dont think there's a position that I'd be pissed if they picked.
My list in order would be
Hooker
Adams
Allen
Howard
Humphrey
Davis
Reddick

At 32, If he's there, I'd take McDowell if Allen isnt the pick at 11.
If we somehow end up with Hooker and Davis, Im calling into work sick tomorrow and throwing a one man party - all day!!!
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsfan wrote:

3rd or undrafted

WHODAT91FOREVER
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears Charles Harris is the HOT name for the Saints at 11... if this happens people this is NOT a reach!!!

He's the 15th overall player on my board and is arguably the best edge rusher after Garrett with the physical tools to be a double digit sack guy.

Funny... Mike Mayock does one mock a year, he gives Saints Harris at 11 then all of a sudden guys like McShay scramble to change their final mocks and copy picks like this.

Inside info on Mayocks part?

WHODAT91FOREVER
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsfan wrote:
Hopefully to #32. I think it's a witch hunt, and I hope I'm right.

Nobody deserves to be raped, so if he's guilty, I hope he burns.
I'll also say, nobody deserves to be accused of rape if they're innocent. If he is indeed innocent, you know he'll be playing with an "I told ya so" chip, and will become an all pro.
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
It appears Charles Harris is the HOT name for the Saints at 11... if this happens people this is NOT a reach!!!

He's the 15th overall player on my board and is arguably the best edge rusher after Garrett with the physical tools to be a double digit sack guy.

Funny... Mike Mayock does one mock a year, he gives Saints Harris at 11 then all of a sudden guys like McShay scramble to change their final mocks and copy picks like this.

Inside info on Mayocks part?

What are your thoughts on Harris? Especially in relation to Thomas, Barnett, Taco and Willis?

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
saintsfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
saintsfan wrote:

3rd or undrafted
If he falls to the 3rd I hope to hell we grab him with our first pick in that round

Adopt A Saint 2016
WR Michael Thomas 92 catches 1,137 yards 9 TDs
SS Kenny Vaccaro 68 tackles 1 sack 2 FF 1 FR 2 INT 5 PD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 1 of 26

Jump to: