Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Offseason Thread V. III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 85, 86, 87  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buno67

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:

Good point, except for the fact that Denver did want to and try to resign him, but could not match Houston's offer without destroying their cap and literally having to watch everyone else walk over the next few years.

Outside of being pretty much completely wrong, you make a sound point.

Whats the most important position? Franchise QB. If they viewed Brock as a franchise QB, they would of signed him no matter what. Texans knew what they were getting into with Brock. They thought Brock could be a franchise QB and paid him like one and the dude played nothing like it.

So we have a team rather try and find a QB else where because they knew Brock wasnt a franchise guy. Denver went with a 7th rd pick and drafted another QB and they were fine with that.

and Houston felt it was worth it to basically trade two 1st and a 2nd rd pick to replace Brock and get someone to accept the awful contract they gave out as a mistake...

Two franchises didnt believe Brock was worthy of being a franchise QB, why should the browns make that same mistake.

Your a Browns fan their Tizzy, you should know QB trumps every other position.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
EL Brownso wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Garrett offically signs

Fully guaranteed. No offset language.

Doesn't worry me that it's fully guaranteed. It's not like it was before this current CBA when rookie deals were getting stupid. Plus I feel like even if he doesn't live up to expectations he will at worst be pretty good

I dont think it is worrying everyone. I just remember that being the big issue with Bosa was the chargers were low balling him.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
EL Brownso wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Garrett offically signs

Glad we didn't Bosa him.

I think trading the Wentz pick was a good move but if we would have come away with Bosa and Michael Thomas (my picks for the last draft partly because I'm an OSU homer) and Garrett and Njoku from this year I would have been happy.

Well if you think of it this way. If the Browns had Bosa and Thomas, they are not picking #1 overall this draft

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

Good point, except for the fact that Denver did want to and try to resign him, but could not match Houston's offer without destroying their cap and literally having to watch everyone else walk over the next few years.

Whats the most important position? Franchise QB. If they viewed Brock as a franchise QB, they would of signed him no matter what. Texans knew what they were getting into with Brock. They thought Brock could be a franchise QB and paid him like one and the dude played nothing like it.

So we have a team rather try and find a QB else where because they knew Brock wasnt a franchise guy. Denver went with a 7th rd pick and drafted another QB and they were fine with that.

and Houston felt it was worth it to basically trade two 1st and a 2nd rd pick to replace Brock and get someone to accept the awful contract they gave out as a mistake...

Two franchises didnt believe Brock was worthy of being a franchise QB, why should the browns make that same mistake.

They didn't want to have to pay for a franchise QB because they were afraid Derek Wolke would walk brah.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
EL Brownso

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
EL Brownso wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Garrett offically signs

Glad we didn't Bosa him.

I think trading the Wentz pick was a good move but if we would have come away with Bosa and Michael Thomas (my picks for the last draft partly because I'm an OSU homer) and Garrett and Njoku from this year I would have been happy.

Well if you think of it this way. If the Browns had Bosa and Thomas, they are not picking #1 overall this draft

Mary Kay is a liar. There is offset language but she didn't say what it was.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EL Brownso wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
EL Brownso wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Garrett offically signs

Glad we didn't Bosa him.

Mary Kay is a liar. There is offset language but she didn't say what it was.

Usually there is either offset language or a substantial deferred payment if there is offset language there probably isn't a large deferred payment until March of the following year like what Bosa had to deal with.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

How has that worked out with Luck and the Colts? At the end of the day, its still a team sport. They won a championship that year, as a team, on the coat tails of their D. That wasn't due to Manning, it wasn't due to Osweiler. They know where their bread was buttered. They liked Osweiler, wanted to and tried to resign him, but made the managerial decision that he wasn't worth dismantling their championship team for.

Again, not that difficult, and also easily verifiable based on comments from Denver management.

It also greased the doors on the way out that they completely mishandled the Manning/Osweiler situation.... its understandable why they did it. Manning is a legend, and he only lost his spot to Osweiler due to injury, but the reality is, Osweiler looked better that year, and was immediately put back on the bench when Manning came back to be a game manager through the championship run.... oh, and be all animated and scream OMAHA at the line of scrimmage several times each game.
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
buno67 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

How has that worked out with Luck and the Colts? At the end of the day, its still a team sport. They won a championship that year, as a team, on the coat tails of their D. That wasn't due to Manning, it wasn't due to Osweiler. They know where their bread was buttered. They liked Osweiler, wanted to and tried to resign him, but made the managerial decision that he wasn't worth dismantling their championship team for.

Again, not that difficult, and also easily verifiable based on comments from Denver management.

It also greased the doors on the way out that they completely mishandled the Manning/Osweiler situation.... its understandable why they did it. Manning is a legend, and he only lost his spot to Osweiler due to injury, but the reality is, Osweiler looked better that year, and was immediately put back on the bench when Manning came back to be a game manager through the championship run.... oh, and be all animated and scream OMAHA at the line of scrimmage several times each game.

Yeah, Peyton Manning was way overrated. I mean, enough of the OMAHA already, guy; we get it. If I'm choosing, I go with the guy with flawless mechanics every time.

DizzyDean

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NudeTayne wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
buno67 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

Yeah, Peyton Manning was way overrated. I mean, enough of the OMAHA already, guy; we get it. If I'm choosing, I go with the guy with flawless mechanics every time.

As a QB, its impossible to over rate Manning. However, that year he was just a guy, a slightly below average guy. He stuck around a couple of years too long, he got an extra ring for it, but as stated, that was on the coat tails of an all world D and some very good players around him on offense. Not his arm.
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
buno67 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

As a QB, its impossible to over rate Manning. However, that year he was just a guy, a slightly below average guy. He stuck around a couple of years too long, he got an extra ring for it, but as stated, that was on the coat tails of an all world D and some very good players around him on offense. Not his arm.

No, his arm was a noodle by then, but his leadership skills certainly helped keep Denver focused and helped them greatly in winning a championship. That is why they chose to stick with Peyton over Brock.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iamcanadian wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
buno67 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

No, his arm was a noodle by then, but his leadership skills certainly helped keep Denver focused and helped them greatly in winning a championship. That is why they chose to stick with Peyton over Brock.

The leadership was there, no denying that, however, Osweiler was simply the better QB at the time. The reason they went back to Manning is because, well, he is Manning, and a legend. Nothing more. Had that been some young, relatively run of the mill or unproven guy that lost his job to Osweiler, he never sniffs the field again that year.
buno67

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
Iamcanadian wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
buno67 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

The leadership was there, no denying that, however, Osweiler was simply the better QB at the time. The reason they went back to Manning is because, well, he is Manning, and a legend. Nothing more. Had that been some young, relatively run of the mill or unproven guy that lost his job to Osweiler, he never sniffs the field again that year.

He wasnt simply the better QB. Manning was literally the coach on the field. Litterally his OMAHA and his ability to change plays and protections for what the defense was a huge impact for the reason he was playing. Brock might of physically been the better QB but he mentally wasnt. Manning wasnt going to run the wrong play or make a bad decision with the ball. Something Brock was doing or would be doing. Also Manning wouldnt get overwhelmed or fell pressure of the moment. Something Brock would of most likely felt. Denver isnt winning the superbowl with Brock as the QB. They might not of won the superbowl because of Manning but they sure could of lost it with Brock.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
Iamcanadian wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
buno67 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

He wasnt simply the better QB. Manning was literally the coach on the field. Litterally his OMAHA and his ability to change plays and protections for what the defense was a huge impact for the reason he was playing. Brock might of physically been the better QB but he mentally wasnt. Manning wasnt going to run the wrong play or make a bad decision with the ball. Something Brock was doing or would be doing. Also Manning wouldnt get overwhelmed or fell pressure of the moment. Something Brock would of most likely felt. Denver isnt winning the superbowl with Brock as the QB. They might not of won the superbowl because of Manning but they sure could of lost it with Brock.

Actually Brock was not making bad decisions with the ball in Denver. He was the superior overall QB at the time on the team. Was he at the level of Manning when it came to reading the D and making adjustments at the LOS? Of course not. Was he adequate? You bet. Was he overall the best choice when considering the physical as well as mental as a whole, again, you bet.

Would they have won the Super Bowl with Brock? Its impossible to say, its speculation. I think they would have, as the QB is not what carried them there. I think they would have won it more easily as they would have gotten more from their offense with Brock on the field, but again, impossible to prove.
Mind Character

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: 53-man roster Reply with quote

My Projected 53-man roster.
--Comments on the new, surprise, or unheralded players.

OFFENSE

QB 3
Cody Kessler
Brock Osweiller,
DeShone Kizer

RB 3
Isaiah Crowell,
Duke Johnson,
Matt Dayes

FB - 1
Danny Vitale

WR - 5
Corey Coleman,
Kenny Britt,

Rannell Hall - Competitive Fire, Strong to the ball, precise routes, would've made the team and surprised if he didn't get injured. In college, he was used as a catch and run, 3rd down specialist. Has some Jarvis Landry in his game.
Ricardo Louis, - Hands and concentration drops are his only problem. Ran good routes last year to get open but couldn't finish. Athleticism and ability to get open puts him over Higgins and Payton.
James Wright - 3rd down specialist as well. Veteran presence, reliable route runner. Strong ability to get open and runs precise come back routes.

TE 3
David Njoku,
Seth DeValve,
Randall Telfer
- Telfer is the most underrated player on the team. One of the best in-line blockers in the entire league. Has down the field catch ability as well. A younger, more explosive and athletic Gary Barnidge. There was no reason to keep big play Gare with his declining movement skills. Looked like he was running in sand. Loved Gary as a person and Browns fighter. Salute to him.

LT 2
Joe Thomas,
Roderick Johnson
- Horrible contact balance and is always a waist bender. Would be better in a zone scheme under Kyle Shannahan. I don't think he has the body coordination or balance for the pros imo. Elite length. Where he was selected predicates that he probably makes the team.

LG 2
Joel Bitonio,
Spencer Drango

C 2
J.C. Tretter,
Marcus Martin

-Starter ability. Needs to improve. A new chance and Coach Wylie can help him improve.

RG 2
Kevin Zeitler
Chris Barker- A younger Greco with better movement skills and punch. Was a better OL at Nevada than Bitonio in terms of Guard play. Bitonio was better at OT.

RT 2
Cameron Erving,- No one really knows Cam's ability as they only have known him as a Browns center. In that way, he's not good, but his play at tackle at FSU made me have him as a top 3 tackle prospect heading into the draft. Coming out of FSU, Cam showed elite balance and kick step foot quickness as a tackle. Long arms and punch on the outside makes Cam a strong starter at tackle.
Shon Coleman
- Like Coleman a lot, but he stands on stilts with poor contact balance and uncoordinated movement skills. Strong/elite punch and it's over if he can get his hands on you.

DEFENSE

RDE - 3
Myles Garrett,
Tyrone Holmes,
--Special burst and finishing ability. TFL specialist. Was not a 34OLB.
Nate Orchard - Had a rough rookie year and was injured his second. Before injury, he was our best against the run. His skills are slept on. I still think he can be a special role player in the 43.

DT - 3
Desmond Bryant,- Special athlete with elite length and hand punching strength. Might be a breakout player in 43.
Larry Ogunjobi,
Xavier Cooper- Skills were hidden by the 34. Out of Wash St. he was a special rusher with hand fighting technique and elite get off. Those down on him have not paid attention to his skill set (imo) and college tape.

NT 2
Danny Shelton,
Caleb Brantley,
- His skill set at Florida was the double arm press, hold the blocker, Find the ball, Throw the Blocker off...Strong qualities as a NT in 43. Can win with quickness and strength as a 3-tech as well.

LDE- 2
Emmanuel Ogbah,
Carl Nassib

WLB 2
Christian Kirksey,
Ladell Fleming
- Watch the tape. He's a special, special player. Game is very much like a an instinctual Jamie Collins but with more length. He adds special edge rush ability as well. Ability jumps off the screen. It will be too risky to cut him for the practice squad. Will have standout moments in camp and be seen as a developmental starter if the mental aspect of the game is not too much. Don't know the player in terms of work ethic. If it's there, he won't just make the team but he'll be inserted into the lineup as an edge or inside rusher in some sub packages.

MLB 2

Demario Davis
 - Dominque Alexander is very limited athletically and was only a 34ILB and will be cut; however, Demario is in the best shape of his life and has always had elite instincts. He's slimmed down specifically for 43 and his knowledge of the game and leadership gives him the edge to start. A lot of ppl are down on Demario. Based on the tape I am not.
James Burgess - Watch his tape as well. He's also a special developmental impact player with elite instincts and athleticism to avoid guards in order to make TFLs. He might beat out Demario for the starting job.

SLB - 2
Jamie Collins,
Joe Schobert
- Perfect fit in the 43 sam role with Gregg Williams being able to call parellel twists/blitzes for Collins and Schobert.

CB 5 b/c 6th Howard Wilson won't count against the 53 b/c they'll start him out on PUP
Joe Haden,
Briean Boddy-Calhoun,
Trey Caldwell
- Watch his college tape. Elite foot speed, competitive fire, and attacks the ball often going through the bigger/taller receiver to win the ball. I see him as a strong developmental starter. If healthy this year, his ability will shine.
Jamar Taylor,
Marcus Burley
- Safety/corner versatility and starter experience at corner.
Howard Wilson --On PUP to start out season

FS 2
Jason McCourty
Ed Reynolds

SS 2
Jabrill Peppers,
Derek Kindred,

SPECIAL TEAMS - 3
P 1
Britton Colquitt

K 1
Zane Gonzalez

LS 1

Charley Hughlett

PR/KR
Ricardo Louis // Jabrill Peppers

Practice Squad - 10. 11th player b/c not all will make it through waivers
WR Jordan Payton--Might make it through to PS due to PED flag.
WR Rashard Higgins, - Possession receiver alone. Does not have enough burst and quickness for long term roster impact. Love the player and person. Football skill has limited upside. Makes the roster this year but will be upgraded next year.
C Austin Reiter
OT Zach Sterup-Final practice Squad year. Might make it through to PS b/c of PED issue.
FS Tyvis Powell
FS Kai Nacua

CB Channing Stribling,
CB Najee Murray,
CB J.D. Harmon,
LB B.J. Bello- Better movement and instinctual skills than Dominique Alexander.
C Anthony Fabiano
(5/22/17) '18 QB1s: 1. Sam Darnold, 2. Luke Falk, 3. Josh Allen, 4. Josh Rosen, 5. Riley Ferguson, 6. Baker Mayfield / FS1s: 1. Armani Watts, 2. Godwin Igwebuike, 3. Jordan Whitehead / SS1: 1. Derwin James / CB1s: 1.T. McFadden, 2. M. Fitzpatrick
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any way that Darius Jackson doesn't make the team. I think Duke is going to play 80% in the slot, and have a limited base in the backfield, so potentially keeping Crowell, Jackson and possibly Dayes isn't out of the realm.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 85, 86, 87  Next
Page 48 of 87

Jump to: