You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Offseason Thread V. III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 93, 94, 95  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
buno67 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
buno67 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
Just did a little research, randomly of course. Seattle is paying Piere Desir an average of $790,000 a year. Kinda validates my suspicion, go figure.

what does Desir's contract have to do with McCourty's contract?

A simple comparison for the poster that said McCourty was signed to a backup CB deal.

$3 mil a year is not a standard backup QB deal.

Again, something I thought was relatively easily understood.

You just looked at the 5th/6th back up for the Seahawks.

What about looking at DBs who could be considered #3 or #4 DBs for a team?

Im gonna do my own research...

#3 DB for the rams makes $5m. #4 DB makes $2.3m
#3 DB for the seahawks makes $3.5m
#3 DB for the Raiders makes $2.3M and #4DB makes $2.3m

So a top tier back up looks like they make between $2.5m to $5m

I consider #3 and #4 as back ups because they are not considered as starters. Being a #3 or #4 DB in a Greg Williams defense means will see some playing time, specially if you are #3.

The thing is, the original poster did not say #3, or #4, or etc, they said backup CB, as to minimize the potential of the signing. 3s especially see lots of field time, 4s see decent time as well.

Either way, my original point stands, don't snooze on the signing. Especially if the speculation about the move to FS has legs.

Lol wut?

You initially said this signing was telling about their plans for Wilson. Were they planning on him playing FS too?

Log off, you're drunk Jizzy.

Why are ya'll still entertaining This Clown Shoe???

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hashtag fanboys
bruceb

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I mostly like your posts, Dizzy.

Not among the football sanctamonious in the forum.

With the possible exceptions of Mind - with an incredible depth of knowledge/insight, Bosko - with an apparently good inside look, and Brownie Man with superior sheer, dumb, idiot luck, you are ok by me.
EL Brownso

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:

With the possible exceptions of Mind - with an incredible depth of knowledge/insight, Bosko - with an apparently good inside look, and Brownie Man with superior sheer, dumb, idiot luck, you are ok by me.

Every good story needs an antagonist. I'm glad to have a few in here. People agreeing is boring.

And enough talk about your seed. No one would think that's any type of nectar.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EL Brownso wrote:
bruceb wrote:

Every good story needs an antagonist. I'm glad to have a few in here. People agreeing is boring.

And enough talk about your seed. No one would think that's any type of nectar.

LOL several here that can't keep from talking about it, obviously disagree. But then again those are the same ones that kept talking about masterbation, knob gobbling or slobbering or something of that nature. Go figure.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:
Hey FlimsySplean, wanted to get your opinion. Yeah still waiting about your thoughts on QBs this year, but what do you think about $16 mil for a backup QB? Was hoping you could do some of your fancy research about it Smile

Oh and since we're on topic. How about this nicky?:

Caleb "I told you I didn't birch slap that hag" Brantley?

Hashtag amiright? Hashtag backups are defined by my proxy. Hashtag step up the intellectuality. Hashtag where'd all the cowboys go?

Did you guys see the Lonely Island Boys made an extend version of their once popular song...

I want to say the extend version talks about a certain QB and something giving out nicknames....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

JizzyJean, I created a new avy for ya! Its lot better than that picture of Richard Karn!

now we just need someone to shrink it for ya!!! I bet you know all about shrinkage Wink

I already have an avatar, but thanks. Tell me more about your unhealthy obcession with the nectar of the Gods though (my jizz). It amuses me.

Buno67: "I won't tell you more, Dizzy, because you misspelled obsession, and "Gods" is not capitalized when plural. Boom! Am I doing it right?"

Dizzy "The Project" Dean or Dizzy "Broctar of the Gods" Dean? Hmm...must make poll.

Actually, no, I was posting from a cell, mistakes happen. You also did not address the elephant in the room, which is the obvious unhealthy obsession with the nectar of the gods.

Mistakes? Laughing You call it a mistake, in here we call that the regression of intelligence. Potato potato, tomato tomato, green beans green beans, patty pan squash patty pan squash, etc etc etc and buno's and etc.

Have you done the advanced maths on comparing the $16 million dollar back up QB known as Brock "the giraffe sized project" Osweiler to other back ups in the league? I haven't. Also you never answered my query of what in your superior mind constitutes a back up CB? #12? #15 on the cb depth chart?

Actually, I have, and I have explained that to you, and everyone else, several times. The Browns are paying him franchise QB money, regardless. There is no escaping that fact. Cut him today, cut him the day before the season, keep him, regardless, he is getting paid.

Given that, what makes more sense, kick the tires, see what you have, and if his one and only bad year is the fault of BOB, or if all of that potential really is wasted because it just doesn't click upstairs.

Myself, if I somehow end up buying a new car, without test driving it first, and I am paying the price, no matter what.... I am going to try it out myself and see what I have bought, regardless if the ladies across the street in the beauty shop getting their hair done, says that the car sucks, rather than listen to the talking heads that wouldn't know the difference between a Corvette and a Power Wheels toy.

Just my 2 cents. I think its pretty safe to say that the Browns management agrees with me as they have said, all along, that they were keeping him, and that he would have a chance to compete.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EL Brownso wrote:
bruceb wrote:

I disagree.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
EL Brownso wrote:
bruceb wrote:

I disagree.

I disagree with your disagreement

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
EL Brownso wrote:
bruceb wrote:

I disagree.

This is exciting!!
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:

I don't.
buno67

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:

Actually, I have, and I have explained that to you, and everyone else, several times. The Browns are paying him franchise QB money, regardless. There is no escaping that fact. Cut him today, cut him the day before the season, keep him, regardless, he is getting paid.

Given that, what makes more sense, kick the tires, see what you have, and if his one and only bad year is the fault of BOB, or if all of that potential really is wasted because it just doesn't click upstairs.

Myself, if I somehow end up buying a new car, without test driving it first, and I am paying the price, no matter what.... I am going to try it out myself and see what I have bought, regardless if the ladies across the street in the beauty shop getting their hair done, says that the car sucks, rather than listen to the talking heads that wouldn't know the difference between a Corvette and a Power Wheels toy.

Just my 2 cents. I think its pretty safe to say that the Browns management agrees with me as they have said, all along, that they were keeping him, and that he would have a chance to compete.

BizzyBean, I dont think it is a consensus that he wont be given a shot or chance. Its just going to be a slim shot and a slim chance he makes it. If reports are true that Kessler has improved his arm strength he just made himself true NFL starter

That it be smarter for the Browns to play and develop Deshone "The Project" Kizer over Brock "The Project" Osweiler. The Project is younger, has an arm just as good as The Project, if not better. The Project is more athletic than The Project, and in the long term is a more promising QB than the The Project. If The Project has a good year, he is going to be asking for big time money, where if The Project has a good year you have to pay him $600k, $800K, and $1m. That would be The Projects game checks. Its makes sense to just go with The Project
EL Brownso

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
EL Brownso wrote:
bruceb wrote:

I disagree.

This is exciting!!

Rolling Eyes
MWil23

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over/Under win total for the Browns this year is 4.5

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:

Can't even give a compliment without throwing shade.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
Over/Under win total for the Browns this year is 4.5

Thoughts?

Depending on the odds, I'm thinking about putting $50 down on the over in Vegas
brownie man

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howard Wilson only out 12-16 weeks. That's awesome news. Hopefully the rehab keeps him in the facility and makes him even stronger and more familiar with the playbook.

And I absolutely love the Mccourtney signing his personality is truly professional.

I'd prefer someone step up at free safety so he can stay in corner, but if he does move to FS I think it could be s great move for both parties.

I never even predicted Kizer to fail, I simply said he was an over drafted project. Now tell me that I am wrong in that regard.

^^^^
This dude is gonna look real bad

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 46 of 95

Jump to: