You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Offseason Thread V. III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DaWg_LB.


Joined: 02 Dec 2005
Posts: 6189
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
buno67 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
I like seeing Marshawn in Oakland. Not too many guys get to play for their childhood team.


well we might draft a legit one tomorrow. I still dont believe Quinn was a true Browns fan


Kareem Hunt?


Mitchell Trubisky? Wink
_________________
-A team is built through the Draft.

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shoffma1999


Joined: 27 Nov 2006
Posts: 3186
Location: Bay City, Michigan
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
buno67 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
I like seeing Marshawn in Oakland. Not too many guys get to play for their childhood team.


well we might draft a legit one tomorrow. I still dont believe Quinn was a true Browns fan


Kareem Hunt?


Mitchell Trubisky? Wink


Maybe both. I would be reasonably happy with landing both guys.
_________________


- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bonanza23


Joined: 10 Nov 2008
Posts: 11470
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoffma1999 wrote:
DaWg_LB. wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
buno67 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
I like seeing Marshawn in Oakland. Not too many guys get to play for their childhood team.


well we might draft a legit one tomorrow. I still dont believe Quinn was a true Browns fan


Kareem Hunt?


Mitchell Trubisky? Wink


Maybe both. I would be reasonably happy with landing both guys.


I have a feeling the Browns will draft Hunt.
_________________
[img]this is my new sig.[/img]
Thanks Reg!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DizzyDean


Joined: 09 Mar 2017
Posts: 995
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
I personally don't think he's better than Wentz. I would have taken him last year, but that's neither here nor there.

However In my very own humble personal opinion. Trubisky is a superior prospect to Kessler in every way except accuracy. Trubisky is a slight notch less accurate. 1a 1b kind of thing. If Hue can make Kessler look decent imagine what he could do with a superior QB Smile

Good lord it's just one more day.


The difference is, Kessler was not selected in round 1. If they want to take Trubisky late in round 3 I am fine with that.
_________________
But wait! There's more!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DizzyDean


Joined: 09 Mar 2017
Posts: 995
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
What makes Mitch better? Nothing necessarily. But it's one year further without a QB. They kicked the can last year, and we are looking at another year without one. Even if some believe Haslam will be hands off (I don't), his impatience will be a problem. 2 picks in the top 12 and we don't come away with a QB? He will likely not be favorable to that outcome.


Its kind of like shopping, if you go into the store to buy a gallon of milk, and the only one on the shelf is dirty, beat and banged up, and obviously leaking, then you don't buy it.

I would rather come out of round one with no QB, and instead spend that capitol elsewhere, rather than buy that beat up leaky dirty gallon of milk, just because I want milk and its all that is there.
_________________
But wait! There's more!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DizzyDean


Joined: 09 Mar 2017
Posts: 995
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
I'm not letting bhd bury my last post!!!

What makes Trubisky a better prospect than Wentz who they passed on last year?


Mechanics are huge in favor of Trubisky.

His pocket presence is better.

His accuracy especially on passes 12-20 yards is better.

He doesnt have an injury history.

The things hes worse at is experience in pro style offense and overall arm stregth.


geez this is maddening, its like comparing Christian Ponder and Blaine Gabbert.

Neither are any good. The Browns did well passing on Wentz last year. On a far superior team, Wentz year was no better than Kesslers, if you project Kessler over a 16 game season.
_________________
But wait! There's more!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DizzyDean


Joined: 09 Mar 2017
Posts: 995
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hunch that the Browns will trade up, that it will not be for a QB, and that the price they pay will be small.

I just read a report that 4 teams in the top 8 had contacted the Browns about trading down to 12. Not that the Browns had contacted them about trading up from 12.

If true, it sounds like they are creating a bit of a reverse bidding war. We will trade up, to whoever has the smallest price tag.
_________________
But wait! There's more!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 15359
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
I have a hunch that the Browns will trade up, that it will not be for a QB, and that the price they pay will be small.

I just read a report that 4 teams in the top 8 had contacted the Browns about trading down to 12. Not that the Browns had contacted them about trading up from 12.

If true, it sounds like they are creating a bit of a reverse bidding war. We will trade up, to whoever has the smallest price tag.


Agreed, it seems to be a buyers market.

I read they have been offering 12, 52 and the first pick of the 5th round, fwiw.
_________________
First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
poorbytehshore


Joined: 03 Nov 2009
Posts: 3744
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
I have a hunch that the Browns will trade up, that it will not be for a QB, and that the price they pay will be small.

I just read a report that 4 teams in the top 8 had contacted the Browns about trading down to 12. Not that the Browns had contacted them about trading up from 12.

If true, it sounds like they are creating a bit of a reverse bidding war. We will trade up, to whoever has the smallest price tag.


Agreed, it seems to be a buyers market.

I read they have been offering 12, 52 and the first pick of the 5th round, fwiw.


I would usually consider that a high price for a Hooker, but in this case it would be so worth it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 15359
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
I have a hunch that the Browns will trade up, that it will not be for a QB, and that the price they pay will be small.

I just read a report that 4 teams in the top 8 had contacted the Browns about trading down to 12. Not that the Browns had contacted them about trading up from 12.

If true, it sounds like they are creating a bit of a reverse bidding war. We will trade up, to whoever has the smallest price tag.


Agreed, it seems to be a buyers market.

I read they have been offering 12, 52 and the first pick of the 5th round, fwiw.


I would usually consider that a high price for a Hooker, but in this case it would be so worth it.


They always are.
_________________
First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bosko1616


Joined: 22 Oct 2010
Posts: 3814
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
I have a hunch that the Browns will trade up, that it will not be for a QB, and that the price they pay will be small.

I just read a report that 4 teams in the top 8 had contacted the Browns about trading down to 12. Not that the Browns had contacted them about trading up from 12.

If true, it sounds like they are creating a bit of a reverse bidding war. We will trade up, to whoever has the smallest price tag.


Agreed, it seems to be a buyers market.

I read they have been offering 12, 52 and the first pick of the 5th round, fwiw.


I would usually consider that a high price for a Hooker, but in this case it would be so worth it.


They always are.


I'm telling you I think it's for Hooker or Fournette. They're also a report we're attempting a trade up with the Seahawks. That's why 33 won't be involved in any trade up scenario. Hues targeting Watson I think. Or is content going after Webb/Dobbs in the 2nd/3rd
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
duke2056


Joined: 21 Feb 2005
Posts: 9035
Location: Cleveland area
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:


I just think that it's funny not too many folks were saying this a month or two months or 6 months ago, but on the eve of the draft they are.

All of a sudden he's worth a top 5 pick when most folks wouldn't have wanted him at 12 a month ago.


This kind of stuff doesn't bother me because we have NO IDEA what ANY of the teams were thinking about this plays 1, 2 or 10 months ago. Or now.


I get the we have no idea what they're thinking, but no one really liked him that much be it here, local media, national media, "draft experts", anyone.

What changed? This just reeks of desperation to me.


Nothing for me. I don't think we will take him
_________________
3/18/17 predictions:
Jimmy G stays with New England this year.
We draft Garrett at #1 (out on a limb there).
We trade back from 12 for another 2018 1st.
We do NOT draft a QB in the first 2 rounds.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
duke2056


Joined: 21 Feb 2005
Posts: 9035
Location: Cleveland area
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't wanna trade up but 12/52 for a top player at 7 or so would be fine with me. I really hope we keep keep 33 and not draft a QB
_________________
3/18/17 predictions:
Jimmy G stays with New England this year.
We draft Garrett at #1 (out on a limb there).
We trade back from 12 for another 2018 1st.
We do NOT draft a QB in the first 2 rounds.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 15359
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:


I just think that it's funny not too many folks were saying this a month or two months or 6 months ago, but on the eve of the draft they are.

All of a sudden he's worth a top 5 pick when most folks wouldn't have wanted him at 12 a month ago.


This kind of stuff doesn't bother me because we have NO IDEA what ANY of the teams were thinking about this plays 1, 2 or 10 months ago. Or now.


I get the we have no idea what they're thinking, but no one really liked him that much be it here, local media, national media, "draft experts", anyone.

What changed? This just reeks of desperation to me.


Nothing for me. I don't think we will take him


Agreed.
_________________
First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
poorbytehshore


Joined: 03 Nov 2009
Posts: 3744
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
I don't wanna trade up but 12/52 for a top player at 7 or so would be fine with me. I really hope we keep keep 33 and not draft a QB


Yep. If they come out of this with Garrett, Hooker and somehow still have 33, they've absolutely smashed it out the park. I couldn't think of a better realistic result.

I feel like the Jets could be the team to trade with.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 3 of 95

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group