You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Offseason Thread V. III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 93, 94, 95  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
buno67 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
I like seeing Marshawn in Oakland. Not too many guys get to play for their childhood team.

well we might draft a legit one tomorrow. I still dont believe Quinn was a true Browns fan

Kareem Hunt?

Mitchell Trubisky? Wink

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
shoffma1999

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
buno67 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
I like seeing Marshawn in Oakland. Not too many guys get to play for their childhood team.

well we might draft a legit one tomorrow. I still dont believe Quinn was a true Browns fan

Kareem Hunt?

Mitchell Trubisky? Wink

Maybe both. I would be reasonably happy with landing both guys.

- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoffma1999 wrote:
DaWg_LB. wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
buno67 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Kareem Hunt?

Mitchell Trubisky? Wink

Maybe both. I would be reasonably happy with landing both guys.

I have a feeling the Browns will draft Hunt.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
I personally don't think he's better than Wentz. I would have taken him last year, but that's neither here nor there.

However In my very own humble personal opinion. Trubisky is a superior prospect to Kessler in every way except accuracy. Trubisky is a slight notch less accurate. 1a 1b kind of thing. If Hue can make Kessler look decent imagine what he could do with a superior QB Smile

Good lord it's just one more day.

The difference is, Kessler was not selected in round 1. If they want to take Trubisky late in round 3 I am fine with that.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
What makes Mitch better? Nothing necessarily. But it's one year further without a QB. They kicked the can last year, and we are looking at another year without one. Even if some believe Haslam will be hands off (I don't), his impatience will be a problem. 2 picks in the top 12 and we don't come away with a QB? He will likely not be favorable to that outcome.

Its kind of like shopping, if you go into the store to buy a gallon of milk, and the only one on the shelf is dirty, beat and banged up, and obviously leaking, then you don't buy it.

I would rather come out of round one with no QB, and instead spend that capitol elsewhere, rather than buy that beat up leaky dirty gallon of milk, just because I want milk and its all that is there.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
I'm not letting bhd bury my last post!!!

What makes Trubisky a better prospect than Wentz who they passed on last year?

Mechanics are huge in favor of Trubisky.

His pocket presence is better.

His accuracy especially on passes 12-20 yards is better.

He doesnt have an injury history.

The things hes worse at is experience in pro style offense and overall arm stregth.

geez this is maddening, its like comparing Christian Ponder and Blaine Gabbert.

Neither are any good. The Browns did well passing on Wentz last year. On a far superior team, Wentz year was no better than Kesslers, if you project Kessler over a 16 game season.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hunch that the Browns will trade up, that it will not be for a QB, and that the price they pay will be small.

I just read a report that 4 teams in the top 8 had contacted the Browns about trading down to 12. Not that the Browns had contacted them about trading up from 12.

If true, it sounds like they are creating a bit of a reverse bidding war. We will trade up, to whoever has the smallest price tag.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
I have a hunch that the Browns will trade up, that it will not be for a QB, and that the price they pay will be small.

I just read a report that 4 teams in the top 8 had contacted the Browns about trading down to 12. Not that the Browns had contacted them about trading up from 12.

If true, it sounds like they are creating a bit of a reverse bidding war. We will trade up, to whoever has the smallest price tag.

Agreed, it seems to be a buyers market.

I read they have been offering 12, 52 and the first pick of the 5th round, fwiw.
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

I read they have been offering 12, 52 and the first pick of the 5th round, fwiw.

I would usually consider that a high price for a Hooker, but in this case it would be so worth it.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

I would usually consider that a high price for a Hooker, but in this case it would be so worth it.

They always are.
bosko1616

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

They always are.

I'm telling you I think it's for Hooker or Fournette. They're also a report we're attempting a trade up with the Seahawks. That's why 33 won't be involved in any trade up scenario. Hues targeting Watson I think. Or is content going after Webb/Dobbs in the 2nd/3rd
duke2056

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:

I just think that it's funny not too many folks were saying this a month or two months or 6 months ago, but on the eve of the draft they are.

All of a sudden he's worth a top 5 pick when most folks wouldn't have wanted him at 12 a month ago.

This kind of stuff doesn't bother me because we have NO IDEA what ANY of the teams were thinking about this plays 1, 2 or 10 months ago. Or now.

I get the we have no idea what they're thinking, but no one really liked him that much be it here, local media, national media, "draft experts", anyone.

What changed? This just reeks of desperation to me.

Nothing for me. I don't think we will take him
We draft Garrett at #1 (out on a limb there).
We trade back from 12 for another 2018 1st.
We do NOT draft a QB in the first 2 rounds.
duke2056

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't wanna trade up but 12/52 for a top player at 7 or so would be fine with me. I really hope we keep keep 33 and not draft a QB
We draft Garrett at #1 (out on a limb there).
We trade back from 12 for another 2018 1st.
We do NOT draft a QB in the first 2 rounds.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:

I just think that it's funny not too many folks were saying this a month or two months or 6 months ago, but on the eve of the draft they are.

All of a sudden he's worth a top 5 pick when most folks wouldn't have wanted him at 12 a month ago.

This kind of stuff doesn't bother me because we have NO IDEA what ANY of the teams were thinking about this plays 1, 2 or 10 months ago. Or now.

I get the we have no idea what they're thinking, but no one really liked him that much be it here, local media, national media, "draft experts", anyone.

What changed? This just reeks of desperation to me.

Nothing for me. I don't think we will take him

Agreed.
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
I don't wanna trade up but 12/52 for a top player at 7 or so would be fine with me. I really hope we keep keep 33 and not draft a QB

Yep. If they come out of this with Garrett, Hooker and somehow still have 33, they've absolutely smashed it out the park. I couldn't think of a better realistic result.

I feel like the Jets could be the team to trade with.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 3 of 95

Jump to: