You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Offseason Thread V. III
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Bucketheadsdad


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 7585
Location: Working Overtime in the Factory of Sadness
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: 2017 Offseason Thread V. III Reply with quote

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/cleveland-browns/

Here is our current cap situation.
_________________
'14 1st Ballot Recipient of Joe Blackburn Award... A team is built thru the draft. NASA Glenn, we have ignition in Berea.


Last edited by Bucketheadsdad on Sat May 06, 2017 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 15359
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not letting bhd bury my last post!!!

What makes Trubisky a better prospect than Wentz who they passed on last year?
_________________
First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bonanza23


Joined: 10 Nov 2008
Posts: 11470
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't think he's better than Wentz. I would have taken him last year, but that's neither here nor there.

However In my very own humble personal opinion. Trubisky is a superior prospect to Kessler in every way except accuracy. Trubisky is a slight notch less accurate. 1a 1b kind of thing. If Hue can make Kessler look decent imagine what he could do with a superior QB Smile

Good lord it's just one more day.
_________________
[img]this is my new sig.[/img]
Thanks Reg!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 15359
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
I personally don't think he's better than Wentz. I would have taken him last year, but that's neither here nor there.

However In my very own humble personal opinion. Trubisky is a superior prospect to Kessler in every way except accuracy. Trubisky is a slight notch less accurate. 1a 1b kind of thing. If Hue can make Kessler look decent imagine what he could do with a superior QB Smile

Good lord it's just one more day.


I get that, I'm just saying if this front office says no thank you to Wentz at 2, why would they trade UP for Trubisky?

Just doesn't make sense to me.
_________________
First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 59121
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like seeing Marshawn in Oakland. Not too many guys get to play for their childhood team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shoffma1999


Joined: 27 Nov 2006
Posts: 3186
Location: Bay City, Michigan
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
I'm not letting bhd bury my last post!!!

What makes Trubisky a better prospect than Wentz who they passed on last year?


Terry Pluto had a good article (http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2017/04/why_did_mitchell_trubisky_only.html) on why Trubisky didn't start more games, and in it, compares Trubisky and Wentz, stating:

Quote:
Some have compared Trubisky to Carson Wentz, the No. 2 pick in the 2016 draft.

1. Wentz had 23 starts at North Dakota State, Trubisky had 13 at N.C.

2. Went threw slightly more passes (612) than Trubisky (572) in college.

3. Wentz threw 45 TD passes, Trubisky threw 41. Trubisky threw fewer interceptions (10) than Wentz (14).

4. Trubisky completed 67 percent of his passes, Wentz completed 64 percent.

5. So other than the starts, the stats are close.


I think if you are judging Wentz and Trubisky you have to also analyze where we currently are vs. where we were last year. Had we wanted Wentz we would have had to take him #2 whereas Trubisky we might get by staying at #12. Last year we wanted to add draft capital and "strip the team down to the studs" as DePodesta would say. Now, we have that draft capital to add elite players, the coaching/team/front office plan is more developed and coordinated, and they might view Trubisky with a better team around him as a better option that having Wentz with the team he would have had last year. Another thing I think is important is that they might view Trubisky as performing against better competition. Wentz was on a team that is routinely the big-dog of their division so there is a possibility he was beating up on lesser competition with better surrounding talent comparatively. Trubisky was playing on a team with maybe one other player that will be drafted in the top half of the draft this year in a conference that had the National Champion.
_________________


- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -


Last edited by shoffma1999 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 28488
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes Mitch better? Nothing necessarily. But it's one year further without a QB. They kicked the can last year, and we are looking at another year without one. Even if some believe Haslam will be hands off (I don't), his impatience will be a problem. 2 picks in the top 12 and we don't come away with a QB? He will likely not be favorable to that outcome.
_________________

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
poorbytehshore


Joined: 03 Nov 2009
Posts: 3744
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
What makes Mitch better? Nothing necessarily. But it's one year further without a QB. They kicked the can last year, and we are looking at another year without one. Even if some believe Haslam will be hands off (I don't), his impatience will be a problem. 2 picks in the top 12 and we don't come away with a QB? He will likely not be favorable to that outcome.


He's an idiot if he thinks that way and decides it's more favourable to take one early just because. I'm starting to panic!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 28488
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
What makes Mitch better? Nothing necessarily. But it's one year further without a QB. They kicked the can last year, and we are looking at another year without one. Even if some believe Haslam will be hands off (I don't), his impatience will be a problem. 2 picks in the top 12 and we don't come away with a QB? He will likely not be favorable to that outcome.


He's an idiot if he thinks that way and decides it's more favourable to take one early just because. I'm starting to panic!


I just truly don't trust him
_________________

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
roger murdock


Joined: 13 Dec 2010
Posts: 7856
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
I'm not letting bhd bury my last post!!!

What makes Trubisky a better prospect than Wentz who they passed on last year?


Mechanics are huge in favor of Trubisky.

His pocket presence is better.

His accuracy especially on passes 12-20 yards is better.

He doesnt have an injury history.

The things hes worse at is experience in pro style offense and overall arm stregth.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bonanza23


Joined: 10 Nov 2008
Posts: 11470
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:
I personally don't think he's better than Wentz. I would have taken him last year, but that's neither here nor there.

However In my very own humble personal opinion. Trubisky is a superior prospect to Kessler in every way except accuracy. Trubisky is a slight notch less accurate. 1a 1b kind of thing. If Hue can make Kessler look decent imagine what he could do with a superior QB Smile

Good lord it's just one more day.


I get that, I'm just saying if this front office says no thank you to Wentz at 2, why would they trade UP for Trubisky?

Just doesn't make sense to me.


Yeah I semi agree. I think if they do get Trubisky it's that they feel they weren't quite ready for "their" guy last year. Maybe they do now that they've built a pretty good o-line. Remember it's entirely possible that they in reality don't like Trubisky and hoping that their "leaking" this false info that it will drop somebody down to them at 12.
_________________
[img]this is my new sig.[/img]
Thanks Reg!


Last edited by Bonanza23 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 15359
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
I'm not letting bhd bury my last post!!!

What makes Trubisky a better prospect than Wentz who they passed on last year?


Mechanics are huge in favor of Trubisky.

His pocket presence is better.

His accuracy especially on passes 12-20 yards is better.

He doesnt have an injury history.

The things hes worse at is experience in pro style offense and overall arm stregth.


This may all be true, but i think the general consensus is that Wentz was the better prospect head to head.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think they are looking to sell the farm to move up fore Trubisky.
_________________
First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shoffma1999


Joined: 27 Nov 2006
Posts: 3186
Location: Bay City, Michigan
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
I'm not letting bhd bury my last post!!!

What makes Trubisky a better prospect than Wentz who they passed on last year?


Mechanics are huge in favor of Trubisky.

His pocket presence is better.

His accuracy especially on passes 12-20 yards is better.

He doesnt have an injury history.

The things hes worse at is experience in pro style offense and overall arm stregth.


This may all be true, but i think the general consensus is that Wentz was the better prospect head to head.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think they are looking to sell the farm to move up fore Trubisky.


If Trubisky continued to perform at the level he has and had 23 starts (same as Wentz) instead of 13, I don't think anyone would think Wentz was the better prospect.
_________________


- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 15359
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoffma1999 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
I'm not letting bhd bury my last post!!!

What makes Trubisky a better prospect than Wentz who they passed on last year?


Mechanics are huge in favor of Trubisky.

His pocket presence is better.

His accuracy especially on passes 12-20 yards is better.

He doesnt have an injury history.

The things hes worse at is experience in pro style offense and overall arm stregth.


This may all be true, but i think the general consensus is that Wentz was the better prospect head to head.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think they are looking to sell the farm to move up fore Trubisky.


If Trubisky continued to perform at the level he has and had 23 starts (same as Wentz) instead of 13, I don't think anyone would think Wentz was the better prospect.


I get that, but he hasn't.

A lot of players look great in small sample sizes, that's why sample size is important.

DA looked great for 13 games too, then...

You can only project so much before you're essentially imagining what a player could be as opposed to what they've shown.
_________________
First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 40997
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
I like seeing Marshawn in Oakland. Not too many guys get to play for their childhood team.


well we might draft a legit one tomorrow. I still dont believe Quinn was a true Browns fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 1 of 95

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group