You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Call of Duty: WW2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 17 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really worried about how much I'm going to like going back to slow, boots on the ground gameplay after playing BO3 for the last 2 years.

I also LOVE the bright color palette in BO3, and the washed out brown/grey of WWII is so boring.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
I'm really worried about how much I'm going to like going back to slow, boots on the ground gameplay after playing BO3 for the last 2 years.

I also LOVE the bright color palette in BO3, and the washed out brown/grey of WWII is so boring.

The combination of me getting a PC and IW being a terrible game and huge step down from BO3 has led to me not playing COD in quite some time. I'm pretty excited for a new game that looks great.

Smack on the Lindor
Rammy on the Claude
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
yeah it looks cool. How will the killstreaks be on this? I'd love it if they just kept it old school 3-5-7

It is the same as all the recent games.

Honestly I don't see why going back to 3-5-7 would be anything but a huge step back.
It would, but I really wish they would take away all the big ones and make them harder to get. I would rather just play a game with no kill streaks at all anymore.

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
yeah it looks cool. How will the killstreaks be on this? I'd love it if they just kept it old school 3-5-7

Honestly I don't see why going back to 3-5-7 would be anything but a huge step back.
It would, but I really wish they would take away all the big ones and make them harder to get. I would rather just play a game with no kill streaks at all anymore.
Yeah, I mean in BF1 it doesn't have killstreak items IIRC and that game was awesome to play MP. Putting too many different killstreaks makes the game too arcadey IMO.

Thanks to Jgoldiscool on the sig!
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

Yeah, I mean in BF1 it doesn't have killstreak items IIRC and that game was awesome to play MP. Putting too many different killstreaks makes the game too arcadey IMO.
BF has the trains and blimps etc but they last a while and there is a team incentive to get rid of them. The late killstreaks in cod are so overpowered and short but at the same time 2 people can take them out in 30 seconds. It is such a weird balance that makes it infuriating when you get killed by them and infuriating when you get one and it gets shot down so quickly.

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Putting too many different killstreaks makes the game too arcadey IMO.

COD is supposed to be arcadey...

There are simple counters to almost every scorestreak, so I don't have a problem with it at all. Being able to drop streaks on the enemy and put up a 50+ kill game is half the reason people play COD.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
Putting too many different killstreaks makes the game too arcadey IMO.

COD is supposed to be arcadey...

There are simple counters to almost every scorestreak, so I don't have a problem with it at all. Being able to drop streaks on the enemy and put up a 50+ kill game is half the reason people play COD.
I'd argue it's also half the reason people stopped playing COD too though. There are definitely large amounts of people who like the killstreaks and a large group that hates them and I'm not really sure what the compromise is.

I got tired of not being able to step foot outside because of the constant wave of airstrikes, helicopters, gunships, etc. The killstreaks and stupid future setting is what made me stop playing COD. That's just my opinion but it seems that a lot of people had similar feelings about both changes. I'm hopefully this WW2 version will be a more simplified but after trying Battlefield for the first time I can't really see myself being swayed back to COD anytime soon. It's so much nicer to not have to worry about missiles falling out of the sky to kill you every second you are outside.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice … is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
The killstreaks and stupid future setting is what made me stop playing COD. That's just my opinion but it seems that a lot of people had similar feelings about both changes.
I disagree about the last part. The biggest problem with the kill streaks in some of the more recent CoD's is that they were garbage and/or weren't fun to use. Also, huge issue with the game for me personally (and a ton of other people) was all the futuristic crap like the wall running, boost jumping, etc. I hated that crap in this game.

Seems like this WW2 game is going to be more like a traditional CoD game from back in the day, which is what a lot of people wanted. A lot of people also really want fun kill streaks and it remains to be seen if this game will have those.

Like in the first Black Ops. You got Dogs and Chopper Gunners. Those were fun. Napalm Strikes, etc. That game was so great. MW2's kill streaks were also a ton of fun to use as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
The killstreaks and stupid future setting is what made me stop playing COD. That's just my opinion but it seems that a lot of people had similar feelings about both changes.
I disagree about the last part. The biggest problem with the kill streaks in some of the more recent CoD's is that they were garbage and/or weren't fun to use. Also, huge issue with the game for me personally (and a ton of other people) was all the futuristic crap like the wall running, boost jumping, etc. I hated that crap in this game.

Seems like this WW2 game is going to be more like a traditional CoD game from back in the day, which is what a lot of people wanted. A lot of people also really want fun kill streaks and it remains to be seen if this game will have those.

Like in the first Black Ops. You got Dogs and Chopper Gunners. Those were fun. Napalm Strikes, etc. That game was so great. MW2's kill streaks were also a ton of fun to use as well.
yeah, see I wouldn't mind if they mixed in killstreaks from the days of MW2 to BO2. Anything else is too much.

Thanks to Jgoldiscool on the sig!
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a video release a few days ago that showed this games version of the Chopper Gunner. Looks pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFmsWNj7xMg&t=8m25s

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
MW2's kill streaks were also a ton of fun to use as well.

I agree but they were also extremely overpowered and that turned a lot of people off. I actually think Blops 2 had the best/most balanced killstreaks of the series so far.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:
MW2's kill streaks were also a ton of fun to use as well.

I agree but they were also extremely overpowered and that turned a lot of people off. I actually think Blops 2 had the best/most balanced killstreaks of the series so far.
I agree with that. It had a lot more support killstreaks that were still extremely useful without making it impossible to go outside.

I realize there are a lot of people who enjoy the killstreaks but I know plenty who really think it takes away from it. It's just my opinion but I know a lot of other people share it. I don't really think there is a right or wrong opinion regarding it, just that it's something that can turn buyers off.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice … is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
Tyty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel like this will miss a cool component of WW2 by not having any vehicles. Iirc COD doesn't use them at all.

I wish someone besides COD or battlefield had taken this on. A new IP maybe.
KManX89

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:
Feel like this will miss a cool component of WW2 by not having any vehicles. Iirc COD doesn't use them at all.

I wish someone besides COD or battlefield had taken this on. A new IP maybe.

They did once in WaW, which was ironically in the last game they went to WW2 in.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a retired COD vet, this might just pull me out of retirement. The last 3-4 games have been pretty garbage and I've lost track of where COD has gone. This is promising...

[2015 Adopt-A-Patriot]:#17 - Aaron Dobson
Rec:13 Yards:141 TDs:0

Smack Ink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 17 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: