You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: 2017 Draft Thread Reply with quote

With the draft starting tomorrow and the rumors will be flying, thought it'd be nice to have a new thread dedicated to everything draft related...

Rammy on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The team has been all over the secondary prospects in this draft, according to a front office source. I wouldn't be surprised to see Chidobe Awuzie drafted here.

Rammy on the sig...
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it interesting that Scott Smith thought we'd go DB.

A trade back could have us pick up Melifonwu or Adoree, plus additional picks.
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for a trade back, I mentioned that in my mock draft. I just think we should sit tight and wait until the picks play out first though.

Trade back targets for me definitely include Adorre Jackson. Licht has been talking about you can never have enough good DL though. So I'm guessing a rusher is still in play for the first pick. No idea who we'd be interested in, have we shown interest in Charles Harris or the kid from UCLA? Honestly, think we're in a good spot to draft a secondary player CB/S.
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
I'm all for a trade back, I mentioned that in my mock draft. I just think we should sit tight and wait until the picks play out first though.

Trade back targets for me definitely include Adorre Jackson. Licht has been talking about you can never have enough good DL though. So I'm guessing a rusher is still in play for the first pick. No idea who we'd be interested in, have we shown interest in Charles Harris or the kid from UCLA? Honestly, think we're in a good spot to draft a secondary player CB/S.

I agree I think we are in a great spot to trade back
is it too much to dream that we trade back far enough to get an additional 2nd? Laughing

I don't like Mckinnley though at all , I would much rather have Willis or harris if we go DE assuming Barnett is gone of course

anyone think Adoree could play FS? can you imagine the ball hawking that would occur? just a far fetched idea, thoughts?
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:

We've shown a lot of interest in Willis. We've also met with Barnett and Charlton, in terms of first round guys. That's it, as far as I know.
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:
indifference wrote:

is it too much to dream that we trade back far enough to get an additional 2nd? Laughing

I don't like Mckinnley though at all , I would much rather have Willis or harris if we go DE assuming Barnett is gone of course

anyone think Adoree could play FS? can you imagine the ball hawking that would occur? just a far fetched idea, thoughts?
I'd honestly just take Jackson over any of those tier 2-3 DE's. Willis is a round 2 talent to me and McKinnley seems like a 3-4 edge rusher to me. He may or may not be a good fit for us and he offers same type of skill set Noah Spence has. Barnett on the other hand is different. He is far from finished product but you know your getting a consistent stud. Doubt he makes it to 19.

Trade back secure Jackson and keep him at CB. To my knowledge the only position he has played is WR. A+ athlete though but it would be in my opinion too much of a learning curve for him to make that swap. Keep him at CB and let him develop with Hargreaves for years to come.

Grimes/Hargreaves/Jackson is formidable depth. Ryan Smith will takeover as the #3 once Grimes retires and hangs it up. But Jackson is one exciting player man. That KR/PR/WR explosiveness with the ball in his hands would be fun to watch. Still think we can land a safety with the pick after him if we don't decide to go offense.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:

Honestly, I'm not sure where he ends up paying. He's pretty much a Devin Hester clone...

Some scouts actually think he'll be a better fit at WR than CB, either way he's a dynamic returner...

Rammy on the sig...
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone been following this Gareon Conley situation? He could be this years La'el Collins...

I'd take a flier on him if he slips past the 3rd round, even with the pending accusations...

Rammy on the sig...
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
indifference wrote:

I'd honestly just take Jackson over any of those tier 2-3 DE's. Willis is a round 2 talent to me and McKinnley seems like a 3-4 edge rusher to me. He may or may not be a good fit for us and he offers same type of skill set Noah Spence has. Barnett on the other hand is different. He is far from finished product but you know your getting a consistent stud. Doubt he makes it to 19.

Trade back secure Jackson and keep him at CB. To my knowledge the only position he has played is WR. A+ athlete though but it would be in my opinion too much of a learning curve for him to make that swap. Keep him at CB and let him develop with Hargreaves for years to come.

Grimes/Hargreaves/Jackson is formidable depth. Ryan Smith will takeover as the #3 once Grimes retires and hangs it up. But Jackson is one exciting player man. That KR/PR/WR explosiveness with the ball in his hands would be fun to watch. Still think we can land a safety with the pick after him if we don't decide to go offense.

yeah just a thought, you see a lot of old converted CBs into safetys but I would what a corner with those capabilities could do if he was young and fresh and played safety could be a super coverage safety ala earl Thomas esque

either way Jackson would be our instant KR/PR and would make plays in the nickel id be for it
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Schefter:
Quote:
Buccaneers are talking with at least three teams about moving back in 1st round, and maybe even out of first round altogether, per source.

I hope so.
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Anyone been following this Gareon Conley situation? He could be this years La'el Collins...

I'd take a flier on him if he slips past the 3rd round, even with the pending accusations...

I doubt we have enough time to fully investigate the accusations before the draft.

His lawyer also released a statement saying that the accusations are ridiculous and that three eyewitnesses can testify that he "didn't do anything wrong". It seems either a crime has been committed, or she's lied about the whole thing.

It's a tough one and you just hope that the person who's in the wrong gets what's coming to them.
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Per Schefter:
Quote:
Buccaneers are talking with at least three teams about moving back in 1st round, and maybe even out of first round altogether, per source.

I hope so.

from the facts that have been released up to this point (which isn't much) if he slid to our 4th I would pull the trigger
ravishingone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To pick up an extra 3rd rounder to move back in the 1st round would be great. If they were scouting CBs a lot, there should be a good selection of secondary help available especially since they value ball skills and recovery skill over size.

I do believe they would have interest in Derek Rivers possibly in the end of the 1st round. He did play at YSU but was coached by former Nebraska head coach Bo Pelini. Licht has ties to Nebraska.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Per Schefter:
Quote:

I hope so.

Wow that crazy!

That is a big drop. Guess that means we will have someone's 2018 first round pick coming our way? That or multiple seconds and thirds this year.

Adopt-a-Buc Jameis Winston 4,090 YDs 28 TDs 18 INTs

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 1 of 26

Jump to: