You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

VanS 2017 NFL Draft Prospect Rankings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VanS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jyod21 wrote:
Are you a Tennessee alum?

Nope. And not a Florida one either considering I have two Gators ranked #1 in their positions as well.
cp0k2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
Broncofan wrote:
In a crazy kind of way, I actually respect VanS more for posting this. Time will tell if that methodology is sound, or just out there.

My guess is VanS just disappears like so many guys here have who bomb on predictions and don't feel like talking about it later.
Better than going the TexansFan713 route.
I back my talk up in person
Go play in traffic and tear both your acl's punk
VanS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
Broncofan wrote:
In a crazy kind of way, I actually respect VanS more for posting this. Time will tell if that methodology is sound, or just out there.

My guess is VanS just disappears like so many guys here have who bomb on predictions and don't feel like talking about it later.

That's definitely not me.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanS wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
Broncofan wrote:

That's definitely not me.

Good. VanS, you're kind of like a hotdog. I don't know how the hell you came about, but I like you.
CWood21

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not going to lie, these are some bold rankings.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:

The only reason I didn't criticize his rankings is because he has Evan Engram as his top TE.
bananabucket

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanS wrote:
This is one thing I never understood. Why does everyone agree with whatever the consensus is out there about player rankings?

Look back over any draft and you will see that half of the players in the first round turn out to be busts and the best players overall typically come in rounds 2-4 and are almost always underrated.

Troof.

The other day I was watching the last few drafts on NFLN, then came back to FF and looked at rankings and discussion from the past.

We're all so wrong it's comical. Kinda makes me less excited for the draft but oh well.
VanS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
CWood21 wrote:

The only reason I didn't criticize his rankings is because he has Evan Engram as his top TE.

Top 10 player overall as well.

I don't know what position he'll play in the NFL but I expect him to be elite.
DraftHobbyist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavily weighting receiving production for TE's is one of the biggest mistakes one can make for TE's IMO. TE's are underused extremely often in college, and it really says very little about their talent. It's like how spread Offenses boost the production of WR's, but for TE's, they are often held down in production.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanS wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
I guess you win the award for most edgy player rankings. Disagree with most of the rankings at every position but I suppose time will tell.

This is one thing I never understood. Why does everyone agree with whatever the consensus is out there about player rankings?

Look back over any draft and you will see that half of the players in the first round turn out to be busts and the best players overall typically come in rounds 2-4 and are almost always underrated.

In doing my rankings, I made it a point not to just follow the consensus and try to pinpoint what players who are currently being underrated will outperform that rating and turn into studs in the NFL.

Most people play it safe. Especially when they don't have time to evaluate every player. It's why I don't bother with rankings anymore. I can't evaluate 250+ players, so there's no point to putting out rankings. Instead, I just try to find players that I'll pound the table for my team to draft.

Rankings are a farce anyways. Different schemes will rank different players differently (even if they agree on the evaluation).
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You... I like you. Though you left off Derek Barnett as a potential #1 and Jaylen-Reeves Maybin as another #1. Wink
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
VanS wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
I guess you win the award for most edgy player rankings. Disagree with most of the rankings at every position but I suppose time will tell.

In doing my rankings, I made it a point not to just follow the consensus and try to pinpoint what players who are currently being underrated will outperform that rating and turn into studs in the NFL.

Most people play it safe. Especially when they don't have time to evaluate every player. It's why I don't bother with rankings anymore. I can't evaluate 250+ players, so there's no point to putting out rankings. Instead, I just try to find players that I'll pound the table for my team to draft.

Rankings are a farce anyways. Different schemes will rank different players differently (even if they agree on the evaluation).

Agreed. I'd rather stake my name on liking/disliking certain guys than rank all of them. It's way too hard, but major props to everyone who does it.
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"stake my name on" ???

Forum prospect endorsements... it's a serious business.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
"stake my name on" ???

If you see the name bananabucket above a post you're gonna listen to what he has to say.
bzane

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bananabucket wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
"stake my name on" ???

If you see the name bananabucket above a post you're gonna listen to what he has to say.
[b]

Damn straight- knowledgable Indianapolis Colts' fan, funny guy, and not afraid to put his opinions out there.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: