You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Thread: News & Rumors
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetskid007

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:32 am    Post subject: 2017 NFL Draft Thread: News & Rumors Reply with quote

It's about that time of year again, and we have some telling news that broke a few minutes ago...

Adam Schefter wrote:
Sounds like Titans are at it again. Already have received offers for fifth overall pick and are contemplating trade, per league source.
Mr.O

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn.

Props El Ramster on the sig
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Macc's plan worked, I could see 2 QBs going in the top 6. Chicago will take Watson and Cleveland/Bills will move up to 5 and take Trubisky.

1 Garrett
3 Watson
5 Trubisky

Which means Adams, Hooker, Fournette or Howard will be there. I'm sure Macc would love to trade down with Cleveland but I really think the Titans will ask for less compensation or the same compensation that we want.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Draft Thread: News & Rumors Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
It's about that time of year again, and we have some telling news that broke a few minutes ago...

Adam Schefter wrote:
Sounds like Titans are at it again. Already have received offers for fifth overall pick and are contemplating trade, per league source.

This is what I said the other day. Cleveland will trade ahead of us not with us. Does make a player fall to us though. I don't see the trade happening until tomorrow during the draft though. No way Cleveland makes thatbtrade until Tennessee is on the clock. Just in case SF or Chicago take Trubisky.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Draft Thread: News & Rumors Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:

Adam Schefter wrote:
Honestly depends on who they're trading with. They could be trading with a team like the Chargers who wants to jump us for Hooker.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting to wonder about the chances of the Bears taking OJ Howard. THey signed their QB, but don't have a lot of targets to work with.

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . UCLA/GEORGIA STATE .
Bianconero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think any of these QBs are trade-up worthy but go get em Brownies

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I envy TEN right now. I wanted Mariota, they grab him. They have a great rushing attack which I love and they have a ton of picks. If they trade down again with CLE and get even more they can rebuild that defense quickly and be on a path trending upward.

Props to Mack on the sig
PaulieIceman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
Man I envy TEN right now. I wanted Mariota, they grab him. They have a great rushing attack which I love and they have a ton of picks. If they trade down again with CLE and get even more they can rebuild that defense quickly and be on a path trending upward.

I agree with you here. But from what I have heard, the two likely landing spots for a CLE trade is TEN or NYJ. Why on earth would they trade with TEN for #5 when you could pay less for #6? I get that oh maybe someone else will jump to TEN's #5, but I just dont see it happening. Am I missing something else?
Bianconero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
Agreed, man

I wanted Marcus sooooo bad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulieIceman wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

I agree with you here. But from what I have heard, the two likely landing spots for a CLE trade is TEN or NYJ. Why on earth would they trade with TEN for #5 when you could pay less for #6? I get that oh maybe someone else will jump to TEN's #5, but I just dont see it happening. Am I missing something else?

Well, with a need at the position, even though we likely wouldn't take one, Cle could be worried about the Jets taking a qb
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulieIceman wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

Because the Titans might agree to the same offer as the Jets and then they don't even have to think about the Jets taking Trubisky (although it's highly doubtful at this point).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
PaulieIceman wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

Because the Titans might agree to the same offer as the Jets and then they don't even have to think about the Jets taking Trubisky (although it's highly doubtful at this point).

If Chicago takes a QB then I think we can't get a trade down with Cleveland and then 5 becomes the hot spot since Tennessee has the incentive to move back.

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?

NewAge wrote:
And yeah I like Butt.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Per Schefter

We just can't catch a break. All we want to do is trade back and CLE makes so much sense yet they will probably go one pick higher to TEN for the same offer and we get stuck having to draft at 6 still.

Props to Mack on the sig
doumeyer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
Quote:

Per Schefter

We just can't catch a break. All we want to do is trade back and CLE makes so much sense yet they will probably go one pick higher to TEN for the same offer and we get stuck having to draft at 6 still.

You took the words right out of my mouth, I agree even I was high on that Cleveland trade. It sure doesn't look to promising now. I think you are right we will get stuck with the #6th pick. And then we don't pick again to #39 again.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 1 of 80

Jump to: