You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Thread: News & Rumors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bianconero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we get some rumors up in this bih ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
Our best chance to trade up is we really don't want Turbisky and TEN is asking for a ton like 33 plus their 4th.

I have said I would settle for 52 and their 4th so I'm not sure if Mac will but I would just to trade down. CLE would probably rather keep 33 so for them trading with us would make more sense then.

We could still be in play for Howard, Reddick, etc. and have two more valuable picks. TEN might not see the vaule in 52 and that would force CLE if they really want him to deal with us.

It's not out of the question for us to move down but we aren't getting a king ransom for it. We may have to settle and who knows it might not be worth it for us either.

You have to get 2.1 plus 4.1 in a trade up scenario. Cleveland moving up for a QB means they have to pay your price. 52 and 4.1 isn't enough imo

Then it ain't happening if TEN is willing to accept the same offer. That's the only reason for CLE to choose us over TEN is if our asking price is less. If TEN is taking 2.1 and 4.1 then we have no shot.

I was simply throwing out a scenario where we could trade down. I would take #52, 4.1 and and like their 6th but that's me, not sure how Mac would view that. I know CLE would rather do that then have to use 2.1 and 4.1.

Props to Mack on the sig
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
Our best chance to trade up is we really don't want Turbisky and TEN is asking for a ton like 33 plus their 4th.

I have said I would settle for 52 and their 4th so I'm not sure if Mac will but I would just to trade down. CLE would probably rather keep 33 so for them trading with us would make more sense then.

We could still be in play for Howard, Reddick, etc. and have two more valuable picks. TEN might not see the vaule in 52 and that would force CLE if they really want him to deal with us.

It's not out of the question for us to move down but we aren't getting a king ransom for it. We may have to settle and who knows it might not be worth it for us either.

You have to get 2.1 plus 4.1 in a trade up scenario. Cleveland moving up for a QB means they have to pay your price. 52 and 4.1 isn't enough imo

Then it ain't happening if TEN is willing to accept the same offer. That's the only reason for CLE to choose us over TEN is if our asking price is less. If TEN is taking 2.1 and 4.1 then we have no shot.

I was simply throwing out a scenario where we could trade down. I would take #52, 4.1 and and like their 6th but that's me, not sure how Mac would view that. I know CLE would rather do that then have to use 2.1 and 4.1.

We're essentially blind bidding though, makes me think Cleveland planted the Titans rumor to get us to drop our asking price because I'm sure both us and Tennessee want 2.1 a part of any trade.

And even then if that were to happen it probably means Thomas or Adams fall to us then I doubt Macc leaves from that spot.

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?

NewAge wrote:
And yeah I like Butt.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
Rich Cimini‏Verified account
@RichCimini

Follow
More
Some late draft buzz on the Jets: Hearing that Ohio State S Malik Hooker is very much in play with the sixth... http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0648965330844000033-4

It's hard to pass on him.

My question is, do we still trade back if Adams or Hooker is there?

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . UCLA/GEORGIA STATE .
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Dave Te-Let the Draft Rumors Continue...

nflscouting : 10:55 am
At this rate, my pancakes are getting cold! The phones are ringing, the mouths are wagging. Here is some more of the usual craziness as draft day approaches;

Most draft analysts predict that Garrett Bolles will be the first offensive lineman drafted, possibly with the #20 pick by Denver, but word out of Baltimore is that Ozzie Newsome will bring in a player from his old school to the organization by taking Cam Robinson at #16. Newsome’s original intention was to upgrade the receiving unit, with Mike Williams his primary target, but if the Tennessee-Cleveland deal goes through, the Titans are also eyeballing Williams at #12.

While Jamal Adams’ name has been etched into the #3 slot for the Bears, Chicago might switch gears, depending upon the outcome of San Francisco’s decision at #2. Most assume that the 49ers would take local product Solomon Thomas, if they do not trade the choice, but if Thomas slides and Jonathan Allen’s medical recheck alleviates any concerns, the Bears are strongly considering upgrading the defensive line first, before turning attention to the secondary in the later rounds.

One whisper making the rounds is that Derek Barnett is actually the 49ers preference, over Thomas, if they can not find a suitor for #2. For weeks, this was supposed to be the selection that everyone expected Cleveland to trade up for in order to get their quarterback, but Lynch might have asked for too much in return, compared to the offer that Tennessee is willing to take from the Browns. San Francisco can still trade down, as both Cincinnati and Carolina are still in pursuit of leap-frogging Jacksonville to make a run at Fournette.

That could set up the Jets to score who many believe is the best player in the draft – Adams. Sure, he could be a perfect fit for - LeBeau in Tennessee, but the Titans seem intent on wheeling and dealing and have all but stated that either #5 or #18 will be auctioned off. They could also trade both picks with an eye at the slew of second round level talent and to add to the cache of picks next year, as the 2018 class looks to be loaded.

Dave Te think Adams could fall to the Jets.

Props to Mack on the sig
Bianconero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also says Chicago will probably take him at 3 ^

Man, I hope not

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
@RichCimini

Follow
More
Some late draft buzz on the Jets: Hearing that Ohio State S Malik Hooker is very much in play with the sixth... http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0648965330844000033-4

If we get 2.1 then I think so

You hope really bad that 1 of them falls to 12 and if not, get another guy who will probably fall due to the QB run and select Budda Baker at 33 or 39

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
@RichCimini

Follow
More

You hope really bad that 1 of them falls to 12 and if not, get another guy who will probably fall due to the QB run and select Budda Baker at 33 or 39

Yeah, I don't know who would be there at 12, but it's hard to pass the that trade up. I like Baker, Obi, Peppers, and Maye as potential 2nd round safties.

NJerseypaint

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
@RichCimini

Follow
More

Yeah, I don't know who would be there at 12, but it's hard to pass the that trade up. I like Baker, Obi, Peppers, and Maye as potential 2nd round safties.

I can't see us passing on Adams, but I'm okay with passing on Hooker.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the Conley situation a bit odd, so I'm up for picking him at some point. Don't really want to give him the option as an UDFA.

Bianconero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I find the Conley situation a bit odd, so I'm up for picking him at some point. Don't really want to give him the option as an UDFA.
I agree, we HAVE to

I don't see Macc doing it with his domestic violence initiatives however Sad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:

Man, I hope not

Our GM said he has 3 players he likes right now, my guess is:

1. Myles Garrett
2. Solomon Thomas
3. Jamal Adams

If Garrett/Thomas go 1-2, I could see us looking to deal out of our pick and sell it to ya'll if you want Trubisky, or have Carolina/Cincinnati bid against each other so they can leapfrog Jacksonville to take Leonard Fournette.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
Bianconero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Bianconero wrote:

Man, I hope not

Our GM said he has 3 players he likes right now, my guess is:

1. Myles Garrett
2. Solomon Thomas
3. Jamal Adams

If Garrett/Thomas go 1-2, I could see us looking to deal out of our pick and sell it to ya'll if you want Trubisky, or have Carolina/Cincinnati bid against each other so they can leapfrog Jacksonville to take Leonard Fournette.
The Jets def aren't trading up, man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
I agree, we HAVE to

I don't see Macc doing it with his domestic violence initiatives however Sad

True, depends on what they find out or believe in this one. A bit different to Mixon where it happened, we all seen it, and reports on something similar happening in high school. I don't have nothing to go by, but I feel like conley is telling the truth. I could be wrong, but after reading articles on it, it feels like the La'el Collins situation.

NJerseypaint

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The timing of it all is what gets me. Something tells me these kids get blackmailed to pay-up or drop in the draft.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 3 of 80

Jump to: