Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SFF's 2017 Niners Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sanfranfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:53 am    Post subject: SFF's 2017 Niners Mock Draft Reply with quote

Back again for my annual Niners mock. Let me know your thoughts!

1. (#2) TRADE
Not usually a fan of putting trades in mocks, but with so many needs and a new regime, we really need to collect high draft picks. In past drafts we would get a haul to move back 10 picks, but unfortunately the demand is much lower to move up early in this draft. Cleveland moves up to No. 2 overall to select their QB of the future. They give up #12, #33 and a 2018 3rd to do so.

1. (#12) Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
A ton of red flags showed up for Foster this off season (getting kicked out of the combine for an altercation with a hospital employee, diluted urine samples, rotator cuff surgery) which could lead to a major draft day slide. But if you simply look at his tape, Reuben is easily a top 5 talent. Incredible range, quickness, and tackling ability make him the best LB prospect in years. Put him next to Bowman and Smith, and we have a solid group of LBs for the foreseeable future.
NFL Comparison: Patrick Willis

2. (#33) Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
For Engram’s size (6’3”, 234), he is extremely fast (4.42 40) and is a solid route runner. His position may technically be TE, but he is not the type of player you want to line up with his hand in the dirt. I think Kyle would find a way to utilize him in motions to exploit mismatches against slower linebackers or safeties. We’ve been looking for an explosive player in the passing game, and Engram would fill that need instantly.
NFL Comparison: Jordan Reed

2. (#34) TJ Watt, Edge, Wisconsin
TJ really only got to play one full season of healthy football in 2016, after having knee injury issues earlier in his college career. Once healthy, he excelled with 11.5 sacks in 2016. If he is able to add on a bit more weight/strength, his ceiling is extremely high. We need to find players that fit our new 4-3 scheme, and TJ provides a solid pass rushing DE.
NFL Comparison: Paul Kruger

3. (#66) Cooper Kupp, WR, Eastern Washington
Kupp absolutely lit up the FCS competition, finishing as the Division I career leader in receptions, yards and touchdowns. He may not be the biggest or the fastest, but he finds a way to get open and make plays with the use of his body. Not likely to ever become a dominating #1 receiver in his career, but could develop nicely into a strong #2.
NFL Comparison: T.J. Houshmandzadeh

4. (#109) Ahkello Witherspoon, CB, Colorado
As a Colorado alum, I’ll admit I am a bit biased here. I’ve always been a fan of big CBs who can get in the face of receivers on the outside. While a bit lanky, his height and speed allow him to break up passes against larger receivers. With time, he could develop into a lockdown corner on the outside.
NFL Comparison: Byron Maxwell

4. (#143) Ethan Pocic, OL, LSU
Ethan’s most likely position in the NFL is Center, but he played a bit of tackle in college as well. While we did just acquire Zuttah this offseason, Pocic could provide backup versatility across the line until he is ready to be a full time starter once Zuttah’s contract runs out in two seasons.
NFL Comparison: Alex Boone

5. (#146) Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo
Carlos Hyde is great when healthy. Unfortunately, staying healthy has been a major issue throughout his young career. Kareem has great vision and elusiveness, which fits perfectly with our zone blocking offense. Shanahan was able to get great production out of mid-round draft picks in Atlanta, and should be able to plug Hunt into a committee backfield nicely.
NFL Comparison: Giovani Bernard

5. (#161) Josh Dobbs, QB, Tennessee
Dobbs is literally a rocket scientist, as he majored in aerospace engineering in college. With that, he must be able to handle an NFL playbook. He has a quick release and strives under pressure. With some time under Kyle, he could develop into a solid backup and potential starter in the NFL.
NFL Comparison: Kirk Cousins

6. (#186) Eddie Jackson, FS, Alabama
I am a big believer in Eric Reid making the move to SS, a spot in which he could thrive. With that, we have a hole at FS. Jimmie Ward could make the move there, but additional depth wouldn’t hurt. Jackson has history playing WR, CB and FS. With that versatility, he has developed great ball skills and an ability to cover centerfield. He also has experience returning punts.
NFL Comparison: Darius Butler

6. (#202) Jalen Myrick, CB, Minnesota
Doubling up at CB is not a bad idea, especially considering how thin we are at the position and how deep this CB class is. Myrick will fit in best by moving inside to slot corner.
NFL Comparison: Jeremy Lane

7. (#219) Ben Boulware, LB, Clemson
Boulware was the heart and soul of the Tigers defense, but will have clear physical limitations at the NFL level. He will need to work his way up the depth chart on special teams to make the roster.
NFL Comparison: Shayne Skov

^^BostonZombie
Knowledge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrible trade
49ersfan2152

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad trade not sniff value should be at least another 3rd this year 2nd next. Like the draft doubt some players are there when you want them but I like the picks

gridiorngreat thnk you for the sig

Favorite Teams
Redsox, 49ers, Celtics, Uconn BB, Bruins, LSU FB
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drool Drool Drool
Absolutely LOVE this draft! Wishful thinking as many "mocks" are, but you have a lot of my faves in this: Not Foster, but made up for in Engram, Watt, Kupp, Witherspoon.
Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing draft, if we walked away from this upcoming weekend with all these guys I'd be pumped. So many guys I like.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan2152 wrote:
Bad trade not sniff value should be at least another 3rd this year 2nd next. Like the draft doubt some players are there when you want them but I like the picks

Value is whatever you can get for the pick...Getting less than what he gets in this mock trade isn't unprecedented. Happened in 2013.

Overall, I'd be happy with this mock if it were true.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good draft,

personally i've lost any interest in foster. If barnett was there at 12 i'd love to take him and then a lb at 33 or 34. But even if barrett wasn't there there are now a number guys i would take instead of foster. Still, i like it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: