Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Badgers0821 FINAL 2017 Mock Draft V.3 3 Rounds
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
badgers0821

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject: Badgers0821 FINAL 2017 Mock Draft V.3 3 Rounds Reply with quote

3 Round Mock -

PLEASE READ: I understand that there are news stories that come out about what teams scout or assistant GM or even GM have said about where they are leaning in the draft but keep in mind, what team executive in their right mind would tip their hand prior to the draft? Just because some unnamed scout from some team says they like so and so, doesn't mean they actually do. If you have an issue with a pick an explanation is always helpful.

Trades:
Dallas Cowboys trade pick #28 to Chicago Bears for pick #36 and #111
Cleveland Browns trade pick #33 to New England Patriots for Jimmy Garoppolo

Round 1:
1 CLE Myles Garrett, OLB/DE, Texas A&M

This is more or less a no brainer in my book. I don't believe any of the QBs in this draft are worth a top 10 pick and Garrett is too good to pass on.

2 SF Solomon Thomas, OLB/DE, Stanford

I believe San Fracisco will start their rebuild on the defensive side of the ball. Jamal Adams is a possibility but they will start with the pass rush and Thomas can provide that from inside or outside.

3 CHI Jamal Adams, SS, LSU

Jamal Adams is my favorite prospect in this draft because of his ability to defend all over the field. He can step in and play the run or sit back and match up in the secondary. When the Bears were really good their D was exceptional. This is a step in the right direction.

4 JAX Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU

The jags spent a ton of money in the off-season on the defense, and rightfully so. Now they should focus on the offense. If they want to continue with Bortles they need to get him a running game to take some pressure off. Taking the best offensive player int he draft will do that.

5 TEN (f/LAR) Malik Hooker, FS, OSU

The Titans have improved greatly over the last few years. The biggest area of need I see are overall plamakers on offense and defense. All Hooker does is make plays. His ability to fly around in the secondary can help create the turnovers the Titans need to push for the division title.

6 NYJ Marshon Lattimore, CB, OSU

The Jets have needs all over the board from QB to OL to secondary help. Here I have them selecting the best available in a position of need. Lattimore has some injury concerns but his talent is too much to pass on. He will help the Jets get their defensive swagger back.

7 LAC Jonathan Allen, DT, Alabama

The Chargers have some key needs and DL isn't one of them. However instead or reaching they go with a top tier prospect that can solidify their defensive front. With a few pieces their defense cna be scary good and with their new-found ability to run the ball, they can contend in a crowded West.

8 CAR Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee

Carolina went from the SB to a top 10 pick and most of that had to do with a depleted defense and a weak OL. No OL in this draft is worth a top 10 pick so they counter with the pass rush. Barnett is a great fit for their 4-3 defense and can hopefully learn under Peppers for his last year.

9 CIN Corey Davis, WR, W Mich

After losing a lot on the OL in the off-season it would make sense to trade back and go there, but they do have some young talent waiting in the wings. he defense could also use a face lift but at this point it makes more sense to help Andy Dalton and finally get Green a side-kick who can take some pressure off him. Davis is my top rated WR. The dude can just flat out catch the ball.

10 BUF Mike Williams, WR, Clemson

With the top 2 safeties gone and CB not a viable option this early, the Bills finally help out Sammy Watkins. Williams is a big possession-type WR who is a nice compliment to watkins. I know Williams has some injury concerns but having a guy who can move the chains and be a target for Tyrod in the red-zone would make a world of difference for the offense. The reward out-weighs the risk.

11 NO Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama

The Saints should go defense early and often. With their first 1st round pick they take the best interior linebacker and a true thumper in the middle of the field. Foster has the chance to fall in the draft due to off the field concerns, but the Saints see him as the enforcer in the middle of their defense they have been needing.

12 CLE (f/PHI) OJ Howard, TE, Alabama

Howard is the best pass catcher in the draft in my opinion. I believe it is Clevelan's job in the 2017 draft to grab as many game changers as they poissibly can, regardless of position. Garrett and Howard in the 1st would be a big win for this beleagured franchise.

13 ARI Mitchell Trubisky, QB, N Carolina

Here we have it, the 1st QB taken. The cardinals definitely have other needs and could go LB, CB, or OG here but how often can you get the top QB in the draft at #13? Although this isn't a very strong draft for the QB position, it would behouve the Cardinals to take Palmer's replacement now.

14 PHI (f/MIN) Gareon Conley, CB, OSU

Bryant, Beckham, Marshall...the Eagles need to be able to contend with the passing games in their division and to do this they must improve on the back end. In this situation they are able to grab their #2 CB. Conley isn't as advertised as Lattimore but his cover skills in man coverage speak for themselves.

15 IND Dalvin Cook, RB, FSU

The Colts can go so many ways here but the best way to take pressure off of Andrew Luck is to get him a running game. In a weak OL class the Colts feel they can grab a dynamic runner early and get a solid OL prospect in the later rounds.

16 BAL Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin

After taking Stanley last year they reach back into the well and replenish the OT position. Baltimore is at it's best when they have a strong OL. After losing Osemele last year they lose Wagner this year, which makes OT an important position to fill. With the lack of solid OT's in the draft they grab the top one here.

17 WAS Forrest Lamp, OG, W Kent

Washington had a strong OL last year but could use an upgrade at OG. Lamp is an intruiging, extremely athletic prospect from a mid-major but played well in limited competition against power 5 teams (namely Alabama).

18 TEN David Njokue, TE, Miami

Although they have Walker already at TE, Njokue provides additional athleticism across the middle. I think Mariota would be pleased with this pick, which would give him a long-term play maker at TE.

19 TB Garrett Bolles, OT, Utah

The Bucs are desperate for a LT as they had one of the worst in the league last year. I am not high on Bolles but he proved last year he can not only protects the QB but be a mauler in the run game. Winston needs a long-term blind side protector and they are hoping Bolles is that player.

20 DEN Christian McCaffery, RB, Stanford

McCaffery has received a lot of hype over the past 2 weeks and although he may go higher, I am not convinced he will be an every down back in the NFL. I see him more as a James White type than a Brian Westbrook (the player he is compared to the most). The Broncos take the "legacy" and hope he can become a lay maker for them for years to come.

21 DET Haason Reddick, OLB, Temple

Reddick could go as high as 11 to the Saints but due to other team needs and directions, he slides down the LB desperate Lions. a few years ago the Lions had one of the best linebacking cores in the NFL with Levy, Tulloch, and Whitehead. With Levy out most of the past 2 years with injury and now gone, the LB crew needs an overhaul and Reddick can start to fill that void.

22 MIA TJ Watt, OLB, WisconsinCharles Harris, DE/OLB, Missouri

Another LB needy team. With Lamp off the board they switch their focus to defense. Watt brings an element of versatility to the defense. His ability to play DE on pass rush situations and OLB otherwise, allows the Dolphins to keep this instinctive and high motor player on the field for all 3 downs.

23 NYG Jarrad Davis, LB, Florida

The third team in a row that needs help at the LB position. Their key need is at MLB and Davis can bring the thunder. Davis shows excellent instincts and incredible power at the point of attack. He automatically upgrades this already strong defense. OT is also an option here.

24 OAK Jabril Peppers, LB/S, Michigan

It's nice to see the Raiders picking this low. They are coming off a great year that would have ended much better if Carr would have stayed healthy. I believe they are a few defensive pieces away from the SB. They take this opportunity to add an extremely versitle and athletic player into the fold. Peppers is a guy most people don't like because he doesn't have a true position, but that is what I like about him for Oakland. He can be who they need him to be, whatever that may be. He will start at SS.

25 HOU Patrick Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech

Our second QB! Mahomes is far from refined but the guy can sling it. He has a rocket for an arm and unfortunately, the Texans may not have a choice but to spend a 1st rounder on a QB. If they can get any kind of decent play out of the QB position, they have a shot at not only returning to the playoffs but making some noise once there.

26 SEA Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama

OL, OL, OL, OL. At some point seattle needs to seriously address this position. Russell Wilson is Big Ben, he can't keep taking shot after shot like he did last year. Get the guy some help!

27 KC Marlon Humphery, CB, Alabama

I think Alex Smith's days in KC are coming to an end but instead of reaching for a QB here they shore up their secondary and get a top tier prospect across from Peters. This defense has lost a lot in the past few years so it is important for them to continue to being in talent. Humphery is a sure tackling, tight coverage CB, a style KC could use.

28 CHI* John Ross, WR, Washington

Being a Packer fan I am not too fond of these here Bears but when trying to decide what to do in this draft for them I had an epiphany. The Bears need to add play makers. Whether it is on defense (Adams) or offense, they need to start willing this roster with guys who can simply make plays. Ross is probably the biggest play maker of all the WRs in this draft. Even before his crazy combine 40, it was obvious he could blow the doors of a defense. I think the Bears see him falling and take a calculated risk to add a serious play maker to their roster.

29 GB Kevin King, CB, Washingon

Man oh man how bad was the CB situation in GB last year? even with that they still managed to beat Dallas and get the NFC Championship game. In order to take a step forward they must add some talent back there. This is the only CB I would consider for the Packers at this spot. The Packers have lacked a tall and long CB to match up against tall and strong WRs. At 6'3" I believe King can be that guy.

30 PIT Taco Charlton, DE/OLB, Michigan

The Steelers want to be the Stellers, run the ball and beat the [inappropriate/removed] out of the other teams QB. They could go secondary but with the deep CB lass they turn to pass rusher and snag Taco.

31 ATL Takkarist McKinley, DE/OLB, UCLA

I feel the position that most cost the Falcons in the SB was their lack of pass rush, or DE. Although it didn't happen until 3 minutes left in the 3rd, Brady was able to sit back and pick apart this defense. The back end can only hold up for so long, by bringing in an athletic guy who can get after the QB, the Falcons defense can put teams away in 2017

32 NO Tre'Davious White, CB, LSU

I believe the days of Drew Brees outscoring everyone is over so the Saints go defense again. White is excellent value at this point in the draft and also happens to fill a huge need. A MLB and CB in the first round for the Saints really helps to rebuild this depleted defense.

Round 2:

33 NE(f/CLE)* Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
34 SF DeShaun Watson, QB, Clemson
35 JAX Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
36 DAL* Obi Melifonwu, S, UCONN
37 LAR JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
38 LAC Dan Feeney, OG, Indiana
39 NYJ TJ Watt, OLB, Wisconsin
40 CAR Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA
41 CIN Jordan Willis, DE/OLB, Kansas State
42 NO Budda Baker, FS, Washington
43 PHI Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma
44 BUF Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado
45 ARI Raekwon McMillan, LB, OSU
46 IND Teez Tabor, CB, Florida
47 BAL Zay Jones, WR, E Carolina
48 MIN Dion Dawkins, OG, Temple
49 WAS Malik McDowell, DT/DE, Mich St
50 TB Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee
51 DEN Roderick Johnson, OT, FSU
52 CLE (f/TEN) Marcus Williams, FS, Utah
53 DET Larry Ogunjobi, DT, Charlotte
54 MIA Gerald Everett, TE, S Bama
55 NYG Derek Rivers, DE, Youngstown
56 OAK Tyus Bowser, OLB, Houston
57 HOU Taylor Moton, OT, W. Mich
58 SEA Adoree Jackson, CB, USC
59 KC DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame
60 DAL Chris Wormley, DE, Michigan
61 GB Chris Godwin, WR, Penn St
62 PIT Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida
63 ATL Dorian Johnson, OG, Pitt
64 CAR (f/NE) Antonio Garcia, OT, Troy

Round 3:

65. CLE Sidney Jones, CB, Washington
66. SF Curtis Samuel, RB/WR, OSU
67. CHI Tim Williams, DE/OLB, Alabama
68. JAX Tarell Basham, DE, Ohio
69. LAR Ethan Pocic, OG/C, LSU
70. NYJ Davis Webb, QB, California
71. LAC Josh Jones,SS, NC St
72. NE (f/CAR) Carl Lawson, OLB, Aubusrn
73. CIN Pat Elfein , OG/C, OSU
74. BAL (f/PHI) Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson
75. NO DeMarcus Walker, DE, FSU
76. BUF Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M
77. ARI Isaac Asiata, OG, Utah
78. BAL Montravius Adams, DT, Auburn
79. MIN Duke Riley, OLB, LSU
80. IND Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova
81. WAS Desmond King, CB/S, Iowa
82. DEN Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland
83. TEN ArDarius Stweart, WR, Alabama
84. TB Ahkello Witherspoon, CB, Colorado
85. DET D'Onte Foreman, RB, Texas
86. MIN (f/MIA) Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama
87. NYG Jake Butt, TE, Michigan
88. OAK Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo
89. HOU Howard Wilson, CB, Houston
90. SEA Nico Siragusa, OG,SD ST
91. KC Ryan Anderson, LB, Alabama
92. DAL Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan
93. GB DaWuane Smoot, OLB, Illinois
94. PIT Carlos Henderson, WR, La Tech
95. ATL Marcus Maye, S, Florida
96. NE Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech
97. MIA* Danny Isidora, OG, Miami
98. CAR* Marlon Mack, RB, South Fl.
99. PHI* Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell
100. TEN* Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennesee
101. DEN* Cooper Kupp, WR, E. Wash
102. SEA* Trey Hendrickson, DE, Florida Atl
103. NO* Chad Hanson, WR, California
104. KC* Kendall Beckwith, ILB, LSU
105. PIT* Eddie Jackson, S, Alabama
106. SEA* Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida
107. NYJ* Davis Sharpe, OT, Florida[/b]
stl4life07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JuJu and Pocic to the Rams is perfect.
daineraider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the focus on defense for the Raiders early, but I don't like the RB in the 3rd
Had Foreman been there that would have been worth the pick, but I would continue with adding defensive players
Lewis, Brantley, Beckwith would all be more valuable to this team.

Joe_is_the_best at making sigs
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

27 KC Marlon Humphery, CB, Alabama
59 KC DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame
91. KC Ryan Anderson, LB, Alabama
104. KC* Kendall Beckwith, ILB, LSU

Humphrey is stll the right choice over King.
Kizer has slipped, but probably not this far. KC will take him if available
Not both Anderson and Beckwith, possibly neither. They need an immediate starter. Depth they have. Try Isidora and Brantley.

J

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>Cleveland Browns trade pick #33 to New England Patriots for Jimmy Garoppolo

Wishing won't make it so. It isn't happening, and especially not for that paltry pick. The reason it has been intimated NE wants 2 #1s is they value Jimmy. If their value isn't met that trade is not happening, and they are happy to have him serve as TB12's back up/protection for another year. Period.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually pretty damn good for the Lions.

Sig by El Ramster
playboi24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent first round pick for the Texans. Solid draft for us overall, but I'd much rather have Adoree Jackson in the second round.
BowserBroncos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Denver 3 rounds

If we get McCaffrey I would pick Hendrickson instead of Kupp at 101.

But great job
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hate it. I'd prefer Ross at 9. I can tell you the Bengals won't pass on Mixon at 41.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect. All 3 rounds are terrific.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs up on the Vikings, I'd like that start to the draft.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love it

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
badgers0821

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks me for a the feedback so far. I won't be making any changes since it is my last one and we are 1 day away from the real thing but I appreciate it.
badgers0821

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
I don't hate it. I'd prefer Ross at 9. I can tell you the Bengals won't pass on Mixon at 41.

How do you know they wouldn't pass on Mixon?
badgers0821

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

playboi24 wrote:
Excellent first round pick for the Texans. Solid draft for us overall, but I'd much rather have Adoree Jackson in the second round.

Haha I thought about giving them Jackson but the OT crop is so thin and CB is so deep I went OT first. But Jackson is a really good value there. Personally I don't see him living up to the athletic hype, but that's just my opinion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: