Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2nd Ever Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: 2nd Ever Mock Draft Reply with quote

Made my first mock draft last year, time to do it again. (Doing one without trades)

1st round, #2 overall - Solomon Thomas DE Stanford

There are other legitimate options, but I'm not going to overthink this one. Thomas to me is a different player than the other two DEs we drafted and has the potential to be a double digit sack machine as well as being a stout run defender. Saleh and the crew will need to figure out how to utilize the trio, but that is why they get paid the big bucks.

2nd round, #34 overall - Evan Engram TE Ole Miss

I know a lot of folks say he isn't a good run blocker, but so what? He's an absolute match up nightmare and one of the best playmakers in the draft. We have no TE on the roster currently that strikes fear for opposing defenses. Well, that would change with the addition of Engram.

3rd round, #66 overall - Akhello Witherspoon CB Colorado

One of my favorites from the start of the process. Some have King as a 1st round corner, but I think Witherspoon is the better player. He could play press as well as off man. Witherspoon isn't a good tackler and does need to get there and he likes to gamble, but you have to take the good with the bad. Robinson/Witherspoon could become a very formidable duo for the future.

4th round, 109 overall - Tedric Thompson S Colorado

Doubling up on another Buffalo DB. A pure playmaker who has the ability to play single high in this system. Again, would hope like his teammate he was a better tackler, but this is good value for a guy of his abilities. Our secondary would quickly start becoming a play making bunch. And with Shanahan hopefully building a powerhouse on the other end, we will need a opportunistic defense.

4th round, 143 overall - Amara Darboh WR Michigan

Darboh is another guy I'm higher than most. Sure he has questionable hands, but he knows what to with the ball every time he touches it. Having a vertical playmaker is a must for this system, and he could do just that. Not convinced guys like Goodwin will have much of an impact on this team.

5th round, 146 overall - Adam Bisnowaty OT Pittsburg

I'm not sure if Bisnowaty makes it to this pick, but he is one of the best zone blocking tackles in the draft. Would be able to compete for the RT spot with Brown from day one. I would be ecstatic if we draft him, even a round or so earlier.

5th round, 161 overall - Marlon Mack RB South Florida

The theme of this draft is playmakers, snd we find ourselves a back that is just that. Not many backs in this draft have Mack's type of breakaway speed. I don't think Mack is going to be a 20+ carry type of back, but we don't need that with Hyde.

6th round, 186 overall - Jayon Brown OLB UCLA

At this point of the draft it is a total crap shoot. Brown is a smaller LB but very solid in coverage. The way this league is heading, we need as many coverage backers as we could get.

6th round, 202 overall - Joshua Dobbs QB Tennessee

I really wanted to take a QB much earlier in the draft, but with rumors of all four QBs going in the first 35 picks, I chose to go in another direction. Dobbs does have consistency issues but does some good things and could be a nice project for Shanny.

7th round, 219 overall - Tim Patrick WR Utah

At this point of the draft I just like taking shots at raw players with some potential. Patrick is kind of a limited specialty type of WR, but he could get down the field with the best of them. Probably a practice squad in year one, but someone to keep an eye out in a few years depending on how he develops.

El ramster on the sig
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it! Perhaps too idealistic--but what "mock" draft isn't?! So crazy about the 1st two picks! Like Witherspoon and Bisnowaty as well.
Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it a lot, would change out a few of the names with prospects I like more than what you have listed but I'd be very happy with this draft.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You took my boy Tedric Very Happy

I am tryin to post my rankings before the end of the day, and I have him way higher than most, I think. If he really wants to play football, he could be really good.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. I'd be really happy with this one.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
You took my boy Tedric Very Happy

I am tryin to post my rankings before the end of the day, and I have him way higher than most, I think. If he really wants to play football, he could be really good.

I wanted to draft a bunch of playmakers and Thompson is just that. Obviously comes with some flaws, but he could really turn into a damn good player.

El ramster on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: