You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

round 1, pre-release before final 3 rounder, trades included
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrdv1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: round 1, pre-release before final 3 rounder, trades included Reply with quote

1 Cleveland Browns Miles Garrett Edge Texas A&M
Thereís a lot of discussion that the Browns are considering Trubisky, and that he wonít make it to them at 12 if they donít pull the trigger here. People point out Garrettís inability against the run, but his potential is simply massive as a rusher. I think the cleveland org will go against the norm, be smart, and not reach for a QB. You cannot let last year impact your decisions this year. Maybe Iím giving them too much credit.

2 San Francisco 49ers Solomon Thomas Edge Stanford
Thomasís skill set and personality are a good fit here, the guy is a thoroughbred. I think San Fran will try and trade the pick, but why would anyone move up to 2 when they know the bears, jags, and titans wonít take a qb? Why not trade up to 5 and pass the Jets for a QB? I think Tennessee would be happy to.

3 Chicago Bears Jamal Adams S LSU
An aggressive all around safety, with all the intangibles you could ask for in a guy to lead your defense. Maybe a trade is worked out, but I donít know if I see it.

4 *Trade* Cleveland Browns vis Jacksonville Jaguars Mitchell Trubisky QB UNC
Well, they just canít help themselves. Cleveland jumps the gun, and moves up with Jacksonville to get Mitch. They give up #12, #33, #181 and a conditional 3rd in 2018 that can become a second based on performance. I think Jacksonville is the more likely trade partner, considering the Titans already have a wealth of draft picks.

5 Tennessee Titans Jonathan Allen DL Alabama
With the world shocked at what just happened ahead of them, Teams may scramble and make an impulse move here to try and get ahead of the Jets. Ultimately though, I think the Titans, who already have a bunch of picks, will be happy to sit tight and have their choice of Defense. In this case, I have Allen highest rated, even with injury issues this is still a solid value.

6 New York Jets OJ Howard TE Alabama
Now we wait to see what the Jets will do. Watson is the next best QB available, but I donít think New York will reach here. They need to add pieces to aid their current QBs, someone who will help them be competitive this year while maintaining a rebuilding plan. So, I believe this comes down to Fournette or Howard. Because TE is more of a need, weíre going Howard. You can not like a TE this high, but heís a top 5 player in this draft IMO.

7 Los Angeles Chargers Malik Hooker S Ohio State
The 5/6 best players in this draft, along with Mitch are off the board. I think after this group of 5, there becomes more noticeable holes in the game of everyone else left (except Fournette). With skill positions fairly well filled, SD has a choice between QB of future and Defense. Itís really interesting, considering they are basically deciding between go for winning now and go for winning in the future. However, I think when you have a talent like Rivers, you have to keep trying to win with him, as you know what you have. Iím penciling in defense with hooker, but wouldnít be shocked to see Lattimore

8 Carolina Panthers Leonard Fournette RB LSU
I understand the issues in the secondary, and I get that Lattimore is still on the board, but I donít see this front office going secondary this early, with such a deep class. I know RB is deep as well, but think about this: Cam Newton and Leonard fournette running at you in the read option. I know they have been linked to McCaffrey, and who knows, maybe they would take him ahead of fournette, but given this scenario Iíll go with the higher rated player.

9 *Trade* Arizona Cardinals via Cincinnati Bengals Patrick Mahomes QB Texas Tech
Cincy moves down to grab more picks. Letís face it, thereís a rebuild looming in Cincy, if it hasnít already started. They acquire # 13, #77, and a 2016 6th round pick to aid in that. Arizona meanwhile, realizes that Carson Palmer is likely in his last year. Interestingly enough though, they go with the upside of Mahomes rather than the slightly more proven Watson. This is one of my draft shake ups. The move gets them ahead of Buffalo for cheap.

10 Buffalo Bills Marshon Lattimore CB Ohio State
As good as Watson looks here, and Iím sure he does, I think having the new hole in the secondary and the #1cb on the board available will be enough to sway Buffalo away from taking a QB, and maybe looking to see if one of these guys falls to round 2. If not, they are comfortable with Tyrod for another two years.

11 New Orleans Saints Haason Reddick LB Temple
The Saints situation is similar to the Chargers, although their defense is probably worse. They have shown a commitment to defense going forward, but theyíve now lost jimmy graham and brandin cooks in back to back years. They seem to have hit well on Michael Thomas and on Willie Snead, but I think they take a long hard look at John Ross. Iím not picking him, I know the grief Iíll get, but donít be surprised.. Anyway, if you go defense you go BPA here, but at this point thereís a clear drop off from Lattimore, so who the heck is it? Iíll give another surprise here and say Reddick, as theyíve shown a liking to fast risers in recent years, and Reddick can play inside or out.

12 *Trade* Jacksonville Jaguars vis Cleveland Browns David Njoku TE Miami
Surprised? I know Iíll get grief for this. I think Njokuís physical ability makes him go higher than people might expect. I feel like Jacksonville has been trying to fill the TE spot since they spent big money on Julius Thomas, and the Defense doesnít really need anyone here that badly. This gives Bortles the best chance to succeed. With the added picks, they can take a RB later in this deep class.

13 *Trade* Cincinnati Bengals via Arizona Cardinals Reuben Foster LB Alabama
Having moved down and acquired more picks, I wonder, does Cincinnati reach for an Olineman? Iím going to say no, and instead, they opt for maybe the best defensive player in the draft in Foster, who falls into the right situation with character concerns.

14 Philadelphia Eagles Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
I have heard some things about Cookís stock falling, but Iím not sure how accurate they are. He does have some miles on him. Thereís a lot of options here, as top skill people are available. This could be an ideal spot for someone to trade up, but Iím struggling to find something I like. McCaffrey seems to have jumped ahead as the next best skill position player, and his versatility in this scheme could be ideal.

15 Indianapolis Colts Takkarist McKinley, Edge, UCLA
OL would be ideal, but with such a weak class, getting an edge player like McKinley could be too good to pass on here in a division where they need to get after up & coming young QBs to win. I think Barnett is a better overall player, but Tak seems more explosive like he can get after the QB better.

16 *Trade* Seattle Seahawks via Baltimore Ravens Mike Willams WR Clemson
With the Titans possibly snagging Williams at 18 after this fall past philly at 14, talks begin happening. Seattle is a team that could really use Williams to support Russel Wilson, and having an extra third round pick it ends up worth it for them to give up #58 along with 26 to move up past the titans and get him (especially in a weak OL draft). He brings a size/skill combo they lack, and would be a nice compliment to Baldwin and Lockett.

17 Washington Redskins John Ross WR Washington
I could see defense, but Iím not sure anyone fits really well here, maybe Harris off the edge. I think losing Desean Jackson though will weigh heavily in their minds though, and taking Ross gives them that over the top threat that neither Doctson or Pryor are (and maybe more incentive to get Kirk to stay) I know this might be a different pick than most have, weíll see.

18 Tennessee Titans Jarrad Davis LB Florida
To me, Corey Davis is not a number 1 WR, and teams wonít view him that way. Since thatís what they need, they pass. So instead, after adding a DL early, I think they stick to defense. Davis is another versatile player who has been rising, and could fill a need inside or out for Tenn.

19 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
This pick seems like destiny, after almost every mock out there is predicting it, and you know what, it makes sense. I personally donít get why heís fallen like this, but good pick up in tampa bay.

20 Denver Broncos Forrest Lamp OL W. Kentucky
Denverís biggest need probably lies on the interior OL, where Lamp could compete for the C or RG spots. Heís been a fast riser, and in a weaker OL class I think he gets into the first round. I like Garret Bolles a lot, but ultimately I think Lamp launches ahead of him.

21 Detroit Lions Derek Barnett Edge Tennessee
Thereís holes all over the defense. So here, I think you have to go BPA on defense, and Barnett is that guy in my opinion. The guy really uses his hands and sheds blocks well, should be a nice 3 down player for them.

22 *Trade* New Orleans via Miami Dolphins Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson
New Orleans swaps #32 and #76 for #22 and #184. They move past the Giants, Texans, and Chiefs to get the high character QB of the future they covet.

23 New York Giants Corey Davis WR Western Michigan
Itís no secret the Giants need Oline help. That being said, Bolles may still be a reach here, and I think Robinson doesnít fit their needs. When you see Eli play, you realize that he needs big targets, thatís where he excels (see Nicks, Burris). Marshall will be that guy this year, but for how much longer? Why not take a big guy you can develop under him, considering you know thatís what Eli likes? He doesnít have to be a number one with Beckam there, and should slide into that starting spot once Marshall moves on.

24 *Trade* San Francisco 49ers via Oakland Raiders DeShone Kizer QB Notre Dame
Itís been talked about heavily that John Lynch is a big Kizer fan. Given the opportunity to leap frog Houston, they give up a lot but get their man, sending Oakland number #34, #66, & #109. Itís a bold move for a team with many holes, and a nice move by Oakland to keep retooling with more picks.

25 *Trade* Dallas Cowboys via Houston Texans Charles Harris EDGE Missouri
Sitting here QB-less, Houston tries to find a trade down partner, and finds one with Dallas looking to get a speed rusher ahead of Baltimore. In moving down, Houston picks up # 133 from Dallas. Peppers could be in play here, but I think Dallas still has a bad taste in their mouth after Randy Gregory.

26 *Trade* Baltimore Ravens via Seattle Seahawks TJ Watt Edge Wisconsin
With a lack of depth and an aging Suggs, I think Baltimore needs to focus on improving the pass rush here. Un-phased by the Charles Harris trade, they opt for Watt whom they may have preferred anyway. Cam Robinson would be a good pick here also and fill a need.

27 Kansas City Chiefs Cam Robinson OL Alabama
Lots of options here, even with Watson now off the board. They could go for defense in Peppers, Humphrey, even McDowell. I think Cam would be a plug and play guard for them though, which is something this team could use, and heís less risky.

28 *Trade* Houston Texans via Dallas Cowboys Jabrill Peppers S Michigan
This team has almost no needs outside of QB. That being said, I think they take the risk on a guy like Peppers who could compete for a safety spot but will also get snaps in the return game and possibly as a change up to Lamar miller at RB.

29 Green Bay Packers Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma
With a lack of edge rushers left, and Mixon sitting right there, I think it might be hard for GB to pass up the opportunity to grab him, even with the character concerns.

30 Pittsburgh Steelers Evan Engram TE Mississippi
For now the question of a qb is off the board. I think they need to focus on the front 7 after building up a solid young secondary last year. However, Iím hearing that Engram is being talked about a lot and is likely going to end up in round one. If they are missing something on offense, itís a TE.

31 Atlanta Falcons Malik McDowell DL Michigan State
This is a very complete and fast team. So With no true holes, I think they opt for the high risk high reward player in Malik Mcdowell. Taco is going to fall because he just isnít that quick. Mcdowell has a freakish frame and would be going to the right coach that could develop him. Willis is an option as well.

32 *Trade* Miami Dolphins via New Orleans Saints Marlon Humphrey CB Alabama
Toss up between him and Willis, but I think corner ends up winning out. Humphrey is the more proven player.
IrishBengalGXG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade down and still getting Foster while picking up another third? I like it so far, Minter, Burfict and Foster will be a mean LB corps. Very excited to see what you put up in the next two rounds, good work.

2017 Wish List: Malik Hooker S, Joe Mixon RB, Dede Westbrook WR, Super Bowl 52
ironlion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of this draft for the Titans at all. A luxury pick with serious health concerns at 5. No thanks. And Davis will be a good player but not at 18. We need 2 WRs and a number 1 corner. If your going luxury on both picks give us pass rush and TE.
Zithers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fournette at 8 would be rad.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the trading you did, I would've liked to see the Rams trade up for Corey Davis or even Engram for that matter. Moving up 7 spots with the Steelers to get Engram wouldn't cost much. I can't see under any circumstances the Giants drafting Davis with ODB, Marshall, and Sheppard on the team. I think the could draft a tight end like Njoku or Engram but not a receiver.

I do like the thought and creativeness you put in your mock draft with all the trades though.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not. Their best two OL are tackles. It's not like this is a huge value. Cunningham or Humphrey.

J

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad taste after Gregory? If they pick Harris at 25 AFTER A TRADE UP, I would welcome the taste of a loaded gun in my mouth and pray w/e made that deal is standing right behind me.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
Wolfhunt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they just canít help themselves. Cleveland jumps the gun, and moves up with Jacksonville to get Mitch. They give up #12, #33, #181 and a conditional 3rd in 2018 that can become a second based on performance. I think Jacksonville is the more likely trade partner, considering the Titans already have a wealth of draft picks.

WOW....Talk about a stupid move. The FO would be run out of Cleveland for not only trading up to take a bust, but then also giving away those picks in a defense heavy draft with D being a joke. Congrats in a horrible and unrealistic draft.
playboi24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Mahomes is gone, I like the idea of the Texans trading down, but I have a hard time believing we'd target Jabril Peppers. In this scenario, we'd take best available OL or DB.
BowserBroncos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Denver pick.

Lamp is the one I want tomorrow.
FLOODx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pick at 11. Trade up for a QB? Gross

mike23md on the sig
mrdv1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stl4life07 wrote:
With all the trading you did, I would've liked to see the Rams trade up for Corey Davis or even Engram for that matter. Moving up 7 spots with the Steelers to get Engram wouldn't cost much. I can't see under any circumstances the Giants drafting Davis with ODB, Marshall, and Sheppard on the team. I think the could draft a tight end like Njoku or Engram but not a receiver.

I do like the thought and creativeness you put in your mock draft with all the trades though.

Thanks, and I do agree with you that would be a good trade, I may add that in the next mock.
mrdv1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:

Probably not. Their best two OL are tackles. It's not like this is a huge value. Cunningham or Humphrey.

J

Cam would play guard for them, but cunnigham.makes sense too, as does Humphrey.
mrdv1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfhunt wrote:

WOW....Talk about a stupid move. The FO would be run out of Cleveland for not only trading up to take a bust, but then also giving away those picks in a defense heavy draft with D being a joke. Congrats in a horrible and unrealistic draft.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's unrealistic. The facts are that Cleveland likes Mitch and knows they won't get him at 12, it's all over the newswire that they are talking about trading up.

I personally don't like it either, but this isn't about what we like or think is smart, it's about what I think could happen. So I'll take the congrats on a horrible draft, considering it's all relative, but don't call it unrealistic because it isn't unrealistic and I'm sure people would agree with me.
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrdv1 wrote:
Wolfhunt wrote:

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's unrealistic. The facts are that Cleveland likes Mitch and knows they won't get him at 12, it's all over the newswire that they are talking about trading up.

I personally don't like it either, but this isn't about what we like or think is smart, it's about what I think could happen. So I'll take the congrats on a horrible draft, considering it's all relative, but don't call it unrealistic because it isn't unrealistic and I'm sure people would agree with me.

Just because you wish it to be doesn't mean it will be. I see no rational reason to move up for a QB that has been showing to be at his worse when the opposite is needed. Not to mention, that's a pretty darn expensive price to move. Heck, the Browns are trading up just to pass on 5-6 players that are far better prospects than Trubisky

Vince Lombardi

Last edited by The OUTLAW on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: