You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Still want Conley?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you still take him if he were available after Round 1?
Yes
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
No way!!!
25%
 25%  [ 5 ]
It depends on the round
55%
 55%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 20

Jroc04

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving too soon and throwing assets away is bad business and will get you canned in any business. They have to be careful. It's not just, "Let's just spend a 5th or a 7th on him. Who cares?" If the kid doesn't play, it's a wasted asset. Hell, we got Sproles for a 5th. Would you just toss that away? Bottom line; it's Hinke. It's an asset. And assets are currency. Currency gives you options and freedom. And currency shouldn't be wasted.

People aren't dumb. They can read through bull-ish no matter how you "word" something. If you take the guy now, you are willing to say that character is of little concern to you and you will sacrifice it for a guy that can potentially help you win. No matter if he is cleared now, he's displaying poor judgment. Which means he's of the capacity to make bad decisions going forward. Which means he can start for a couple years, we invest 20 million dollars in him and he goes on a coke and hooker cruise off Mexico and drowns in Tequila for an offseason. It's not all about wasting a pick or roster spot. Jeffrey McDuck has to be willing to put millions in a particular person's hands and be comfortable with it. It's not so easy when your investment is an alleged rapist.

Kilty sig808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Dave Te-Crazy Morning Draft Chatter

Quote:
Conley is expected to freefall and Dallas is quietly monitoring the situation. They ended up with a great value from a past Draft scandal when Collins fell out of the draft, but unless an arrest or charges are filed by Thursday evening, Jerry Jones will see this as a worthy gamble.

Evil or Very Mad
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
Moving too soon and throwing assets away is bad business and will get you canned in any business. They have to be careful. It's not just, "Let's just spend a 5th or a 7th on him. Who cares?" If the kid doesn't play, it's a wasted asset. Hell, we got Sproles for a 5th. Would you just toss that away? Bottom line; it's Hinke. It's an asset. And assets are currency. Currency gives you options and freedom. And currency shouldn't be wasted.

There is also such a thing as calculated risk where you stand to gain maximum benefit from minimum potential loss. Noone is getting fired over a round 5 pick. Further, barring some new info, the chances of him performing at a high level are higher than a random 5th round pick.

People aren't dumb. They can read through bull-ish no matter how you "word" something. If you take the guy now, you are willing to say that character is of little concern to you and you will sacrifice it for a guy that can potentially help you win. No matter if he is cleared now, he's displaying poor judgment. Which means he's of the capacity to make bad decisions going forward. Which means he can start for a couple years, we invest 20 million dollars in him and he goes on a coke and hooker cruise off Mexico and drowns in Tequila for an offseason. It's not all about wasting a pick or roster spot. Jeffrey McDuck has to be willing to put millions in a particular person's hands and be comfortable with it. It's not so easy when your investment is an alleged rapist.

I disagree with the bold. People, in general, are dumb.

What you are saying is you believe in the process and innocent until proven guilty. And if he's guilty, he's a scumbag but if not, he did nothing that should give anyone pause. Further, he had a clean slate going into this. Free of "character concerns".
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:

Personally, I think you are overthinking this.

Conley was never linked to any major character issues before all this happened, and for all we know this whole thing is made up. Yes, the allegations are awful, and if they are true then he should never be allowed to walk into an NFL facility again. That said, if they aren't then he is the victim of all this. As others have said, innocent until proven guilty.

As far as the "wasting of assets" the NFL draft is one big gamble. You put the potential risk next to the reward and make a decision. If a player as good as Conley is not picked in the fifth round, and you believe that there is a possibility he is innocent, you take him. Sure, we could completely waste the pick, but whose to say we don't waste a pick on a different player? So to me, that logic is simply irrelevant.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:

Remember if he is cleared that first contract can be constructed in a way that benefits the club. I would love to see the details of J. Mills contract.

And why wouldn't this be another M. Vick turnaround? Not saying the kid needs to go to jail in order to turn this around but having your privacy and business dragged into the limelight by the media can be humbling.

The draft is a gamble, you have 7+ chances to grab an impactful player. Before all of this I would say that player was a major gamble in the 1st two rounds, I would say he's less of a gamble in rounds 5-7.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

per ESPN

Conley says they have video evidence that disprove what happened.

If he's smart he would be proactive and get out ahead of this by handing over said evidence. If it definitely supports his case, don't mention video evidence and its a few snapchat vids.
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate this for Conley's sake if he's innocent, but I didn't want him in the first place. If this is what keeps us from drafting him, that's unfortunate for him but a good thing for us imo.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
I hate this for Conley's sake if he's innocent, but I didn't want him in the first place. If this is what keeps us from drafting him, that's unfortunate for him but a good thing for us imo.

Agreed. However i would spend a 7th on him if he slides and just make sure i sign Brandon Bell as a UDFA.
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets not only get Conley, lets also get Jourdan Lewis... CB problem solved.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles $5$ wrote:

I love both of them.
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Eagles $5$ wrote:

I love both of them.

Mixon??? Laughing
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles $5$ wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Eagles $5$ wrote:

I love both of them.

Mixon??? Laughing

lol...

I only want Lewis and Conley assuming they are innocent.

Mixon isn't innocent and I don't feel like he's sorry for what he did. I don't want that kind of character on my team.
Nabbs4u

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
per ESPN

Conley says they have video evidence that disprove what happened.

If he's smart he would be proactive and get out ahead of this by handing over said evidence. If it definitely supports his case, don't mention video evidence and its a few snapchat vids.

It would be hilarious if there was video. Obviously I'm not talking about Rape but a 4some "She claims" wasn't consensual. As for

Quote:
Which means he's of the capacity to make bad decisions going forward. Which means he can start for a couple years, we invest 20 million dollars in him and he goes on a coke and hooker cruise off Mexico and drowns in Tequila for an offseason. It's not all about wasting a pick or roster spot. Jeffrey McDuck has to be willing to put millions in a particular person's hands and be comfortable with it. It's not so easy when your investment is an alleged rapist.

All we know now Jroc is he is Guilty of having Sex with multiple partners. I don't know about you and your lifestyle in your 20's but having consensual sex with strangers from a bar, in a hotel even with multiple partners doesn't put your "Character and Decesion making" in concern. Just makes you young and dumb (while having fun). Doesn't cost you Millions in stupidity by a Owner. If anything the walking poster child for such things occuring is Antonio Cromartie. In the end it will cost you Child Support!!!!

Now I say this in jest because I don't believe she was Raped. I will humbly Eat Crow if proven wrong and apologize for doubting her claim if found guilty. However everything I've heard on Conley's character, time at OSU speaks to the opposite of such a horrific act occurring. More like a woman upset/possibly expecting more then being used and discarded like a $2 whore when kicked to the curb and out of the room.

I'm running to the podium if he drops into the 5th. Cut his @$$ happily if charged in the coming weeks and not regret the decesion to draft him one bit using that pick. I'm not allowing another Stud like La'el Collins slip by based off Rumor and Innuendo.

17' Bird Watch: QB Carson Wentz: 318Att//61% Comp//2430 Yds//25 TD//5 INT//224 Rush yds//QBR 103.4
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping we take Conley and Mixon. Laughing

#CHAOSISGOOD

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Hoping we take Conley and Mixon. Laughing

#CHAOSISGOOD

1. Conley
2. Mixon
3. Brantley
4.J. Lewis

"Lock up your daughters and horses....."

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: