You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Thread Pt. 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 16531
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggs-down to Thomas, Adams and Lattimore

Dickerson- trade down or Thomas
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tyty


Joined: 05 Sep 2015
Posts: 5469
Location: do what you want ea I'm not your mother
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



Browns are reportedly looking to trade up from 12 into the top 8 and have contacted 3 teams about it.

I'd be okay with a kings random to give them 3.

If they did their first, third, and 2018 1st I'd be jumping off the walls because they're undoubtedly going to have a high pick next year

Then we could pick up a Hooker from the side of the road, a WR, an O lineman, whatever is there at 12. If we wanna take the doofus Pat Mahomes is want to trade down again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 16531
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggs

Quote:
But I just can't see how the Bears fail to take a shot at a quarterback in Round 1, a position they have mismanaged serially. It could be a trade down puts them in a spot to get better value with a quarterback while bulking up their second round.

_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic


Last edited by WindyCity on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Epyon


Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Posts: 449
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TB 1 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
Dickerson just said on the NFL Nation mock on ESPN that the Bears want to either trade out of 3 or they want to take Thomas


Good luck trading down this year. This draft is considered weak at the top but strong in rounds 2-3. Hopefully they could trade back. If they don't take a QB at 3 than Thomas should be the way to go.


I have this bad feeling that

1. San Fran takes Thomas at 2.

3. Desperate to trade down, we hand Cleveland pick #3 for less than we should

4. Watson and Mahomes are both gone by 12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tyty


Joined: 05 Sep 2015
Posts: 5469
Location: do what you want ea I'm not your mother
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
If Pace is tied to Glennon (in that he has him pegged as his QB of the future and not just a bridge guy) then I'm almost hoping that he takes OJ Howard at three. I know thats ridiculously early for a TE (usually), but I really like Howard and think he'd be a big help to this offense early on.


It's no more ridiculous than taking a safety at #3.

In fact Michael Lombardi has said that OJ Howard should be a top-5 pick.

I wouldn't mind it one bit.



Howard is damn good. And even though I think Thomas is a better player, I wonder if Howard wouldn't have a bigger impact on this Bears team.


Oh Jesus Christ you guys this is pathetic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 16531
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epyon wrote:
TB 1 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
Dickerson just said on the NFL Nation mock on ESPN that the Bears want to either trade out of 3 or they want to take Thomas


Good luck trading down this year. This draft is considered weak at the top but strong in rounds 2-3. Hopefully they could trade back. If they don't take a QB at 3 than Thomas should be the way to go.


I have this bad feeling that

1. San Fran takes Thomas at 2.

3. Desperate to trade down, we hand Cleveland pick #3 for less than we should

4. Watson and Mahomes are both gone by 12


I wouldn't trade down to 12, the elite talent will be long gone.
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tyty


Joined: 05 Sep 2015
Posts: 5469
Location: do what you want ea I'm not your mother
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way it makes any sort of sense to take a freaking tight end at 3 is if he is guaranteed to be rob gronkowski or at least a top 3 tight end in the league. Outside of two big bowl games where he randomly stopped having 30 yards receiving a game, he's done nothing to show he deserves to be drafted top ten. He's debatably not even going to be the best tight end from this class. This class is loaded with tight end talent
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsfan323


Joined: 02 Apr 2014
Posts: 2707
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:


Browns are reportedly looking to trade up from 12 into the top 8 and have contacted 3 teams about it.

I'd be okay with a kings random to give them 3.

If they did their first, third, and 2018 1st I'd be jumping off the walls because they're undoubtedly going to have a high pick next year

Then we could pick up a Hooker from the side of the road, a WR, an O lineman, whatever is there at 12. If we wanna take the doofus Pat Mahomes is want to trade down again.

It'll take a lot more than their 1st, 3rd and 1st next year to move back 9 spots. I'd also want a 2nd this year and another mid round pick next year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tyty


Joined: 05 Sep 2015
Posts: 5469
Location: do what you want ea I'm not your mother
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
We've officially hit the point of over-saturation.

I now hate everybody and their opinion.

Let's just get to the draft.


It's just painful. I feel like I'm talking to a bunch of dudes that read a Chicago tribune article about the draft and now think they're experts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tyty


Joined: 05 Sep 2015
Posts: 5469
Location: do what you want ea I'm not your mother
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
Tyty wrote:


Browns are reportedly looking to trade up from 12 into the top 8 and have contacted 3 teams about it.

I'd be okay with a kings random to give them 3.

If they did their first, third, and 2018 1st I'd be jumping off the walls because they're undoubtedly going to have a high pick next year

Then we could pick up a Hooker from the side of the road, a WR, an O lineman, whatever is there at 12. If we wanna take the doofus Pat Mahomes is want to trade down again.

It'll take a lot more than their 1st, 3rd and 1st next year to move back 9 spots. I'd also want a 2nd this year and another mid round pick next year


Yeah I know. I'm just saying what I would be okay with. The Browns could very well pick top 5 next year so that alone is enticing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tyty


Joined: 05 Sep 2015
Posts: 5469
Location: do what you want ea I'm not your mother
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dickerson just said it's entirely possible the Bears trade up to the first pick with the Browns and take Chad Kelly first overall. Nothing has changed, he's still a garbage quarterback. But someone overheard someone mention they could see him going in the first and now all the fans think he's an absolute top 15 lock
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 6916
Location: World Championsville
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:
Dickerson just said it's entirely possible the Bears trade up to the first pick with the Browns and take Chad Kelly first overall. Nothing has changed, he's still a garbage quarterback. But someone overheard someone mention they could see him going in the first and now all the fans think he's an absolute top 15 lock


What the hell are you talking about?
_________________
topwop1 wrote:
My point is you can find a franchise guy like [Derek] Carr in every draft


"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 25944
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Tyty wrote:
Dickerson just said it's entirely possible the Bears trade up to the first pick with the Browns and take Chad Kelly first overall. Nothing has changed, he's still a garbage quarterback. But someone overheard someone mention they could see him going in the first and now all the fans think he's an absolute top 15 lock


What the hell are you talking about?


People take Dickerson's word as gospel? Not sure beside that.
_________________

^^ props to LBC on the sig Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsfan323


Joined: 02 Apr 2014
Posts: 2707
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Tyty wrote:
Dickerson just said it's entirely possible the Bears trade up to the first pick with the Browns and take Chad Kelly first overall. Nothing has changed, he's still a garbage quarterback. But someone overheard someone mention they could see him going in the first and now all the fans think he's an absolute top 15 lock


What the hell are you talking about?

He's joking
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 16531
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Hoge's final mock draft has the Bears taking Solomon Thomas, which I am fine with. I like him a lot.

But his QB answer is Brady Kaaya in the 4th

Glennon
Kaaya
Sanchez

That might be the most pathetic QB depth chart I have ever seen. That would be like worthy.
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 2 of 27

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group