Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 9ers should denitely trade down if myles is not their...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
Let the Mixon crap rest! Dredge up something that happened THREE years ago. He had plenty of consequences for ONE mistake. Quit crucifying the guy. If he was a repeat offender, I could understand it (looking at you, Rapistberger), but he isn't. If he kept hitting her, I could understand it. One time only and he regretted it and had consequences/punishment as a result. Leave it alone.

It's a terrible mistake, but I agree. I'd be alright with Mixon on this team.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
Let the Mixon crap rest! Dredge up something that happened THREE years ago. He had plenty of consequences for ONE mistake. Quit crucifying the guy. If he was a repeat offender, I could understand it (looking at you, Rapistberger), but he isn't. If he kept hitting her, I could understand it. One time only and he regretted it and had consequences/punishment as a result. Leave it alone.

You can't just leave it alone...it happened, and it needs to be accounted for in any draft evaluation. There is a pr backlash with Mixon, whether you like it or not. The possibility of him doing it again has to be considered greater than someone who hasn't done it. It's something that is taken into consideration at any point when drafting him. That's why you have to judge where your appetite for taking him is.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
niners2theend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok ok... Great stuff guy's... Anyways, here's more evidence on Jim Kelly's nephew, Chad "The Bad" Kelly....

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19204092

Watched his performance at the Sports Science lab... Brought to you by non other than ESPN...

***His stats was comparable to that of Jameis Winston!!!
niners2theend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this scenario... With the browns in desparation to put an overhaul on its lowly franchise... They do the unthinkable; they acquire the #2 overall pick from the 49ers in exchange for the 12th overall, a 2nd round pick, a 3rd rounder, and a 2nd rounder in next year's draft...

And with the 12th pick, the 49ers select... TE David HJoku - http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19179858

2a.) DB Akhello Witherspoon - might be the best man cover guy in this draft...

2b.) LB Carl Lawson - Sports Science compared him to Cliff Avril...

3a.) QB Chad Kelly - Worth the gamble, that can payoff in a year or two...

3b.) RB Joe Mixon - the nfl draft board committee gave this dude a "1st round" grade... And he falls this far in the draft, this dude is a steal!!!

Comments & thoughts on this trade scenario?
niners2theend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or grab one of the top 2 available wideouts; John Ross and or Mike Williams...

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19171093

While Sports Science compared John Ross to DeSean Jackson, Mike Williams on the other hand received similarities to that of A.J. Green...

I believe both of these guy's are worthy of the #12th overall pick..
niners2theend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about QB Patrick Mahomes being compared to Donovan McNabb...

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19242541

The 9ers could nab Patrick in the 2nd round, and select either John Ross, Mike Williams, and or, David Hjoku...

Well gentlemen, that is it... I am frankly hoping for Myles Garrett to fall to the 9ers at #2, but if he does not... Trade down, and add a few more premium picks...
Psychlone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The draft is filled with many surprises but if your more recent scenario even comes close, you are no longer just a draft legend in our forum but a draft Yoda. I can't foresee your selections happening but don't see the scenario out of the realm of possibility and being successful.
And your last scenario with Garrett at #2 would be my wet dream!
Come on tomorrow!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

niners2theend wrote:
How about this scenario... With the browns in desparation to put an overhaul on its lowly franchise... They do the unthinkable; they acquire the #2 overall pick from the 49ers in exchange for the 12th overall, a 2nd round pick, a 3rd rounder, and a 2nd rounder in next year's draft...

And with the 12th pick, the 49ers select... TE David HJoku - http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19179858

2a.) DB Akhello Witherspoon - might be the best man cover guy in this draft...

2b.) LB Carl Lawson - Sports Science compared him to Cliff Avril...

3a.) QB Chad Kelly - Worth the gamble, that can payoff in a year or two...

3b.) RB Joe Mixon - the nfl draft board committee gave this dude a "1st round" grade... And he falls this far in the draft, this dude is a steal!!!

Comments & thoughts on this trade scenario?

i would love this scenario except for the kelly pick.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

You can't just leave it alone...it happened, and it needs to be accounted for in any draft evaluation. There is a pr backlash with Mixon, whether you like it or not. The possibility of him doing it again has to be considered greater than someone who hasn't done it. It's something that is taken into consideration at any point when drafting him. That's why you have to judge where your appetite for taking him is.

Why isn't anyone talking about Dalvin Cook? This guy has a history--not just a single event. Perhaps his incidents are not as bad, but it sets a pattern.
One event is not a pattern OR a tendency. The bolded is not entirely valid. 3 years ago and hasn't happened since is significant. It is just as likely that he learned from his mistake.
I would be more than alright having this guy on the team. I think he and McCaffrey are probably the most dynamic and versatile RBs in this draft. In fact, both can be used as a WR--and we all know how much help we need at WR.
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of people have been talking about Cook, but the video for mixon puts him in the interest of non football critics. Thats where there's the most backlash against the guy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:

Preach

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
Forge wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

Why isn't anyone talking about Dalvin Cook? This guy has a history--not just a single event. Perhaps his incidents are not as bad, but it sets a pattern.
One event is not a pattern OR a tendency. The bolded is not entirely valid. 3 years ago and hasn't happened since is significant. It is just as likely that he learned from his mistake.
I would be more than alright having this guy on the team. I think he and McCaffrey are probably the most dynamic and versatile RBs in this draft. In fact, both can be used as a WR--and we all know how much help we need at WR.

I've brought up Cooks issues in the past, so you're talking to the wrong guy there. This stuff needs to be accounted for on all players. There's a reason they do these interviews and we hear about guys rising or falling over this stuff.

And yes, the bolded is valid. If you have two guys, in a vaccum, one has done one thing and the other hasn't, who's more likely to do it in the future? I'll always bank my money on the guy who has done it because he already has. Especially if you go back and watch his interviews after the incident...he wouldn't even say that he was sorry for what happened. Suggesting otherwise is like 2 + 2 = fish. It's not about whether or not he's learned his lesson in that regard - it's about where he stands in comparison to the other comparable players who don't have that history.

Also, let's not forget about his recent run in with the parking attendant...minor or not, you don't get the benefit of the doubt when you have his history.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....

Last edited by Forge on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

Preach

Thank you.

Moving on...
niners2theend

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Solomon Thomas pick; a high character player, that possesses a non-stop motor!

The 49ers defensive front is now the deepest and possibly the most talented group of the bunch

DeForrest Buckner, Arik Armstead, Tank Carradine, Eli Harold, the dude from the dolphins, Glenn Dorsey, Quinton Dial, Mike Purcell, and Solomon Thomas...

Add ILB, Reuben Foster, who i see as a Derrick Brooks clone; just making splash plays all over the field!

niners2theend

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Mr Lynch, bring back the good ol days of the 49ers winning ways... Ahkello is just like Merton Hanks...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: