Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DEE RAWL's FINAL MOCK DRAFT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: DEE RAWL's FINAL MOCK DRAFT Reply with quote

We are two days away and while I could wait until the day of the draft, or maybe even Friday AM, I figured Iíd do my final mock seeing as I donít plan on changing my picks.

For this mock I am going back to my usual style in that this is what I think WILL happen. Or some form of it at least.

2017 NFL DRAFT

Round 2 pick 5) Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss

To me, this pick makes way too much sense and while Engram leaves much desired to be a blocker, he still shows flashes and at least the desire to do so. Furthermore, his blocking will likely be brushed off by McVay because Jordan Reed in Washington was used outside the hashes as a WR over half of his targets (2015). While the argument can be made that what makes Reed so dangerous is the personnel mismatches that it creates for Reed because he can still be used as a blocking threat. Well, Iíve gone and watched Reed in college and while yes, I will admit that Reed was a little bit better in the ground game, he wasnít miles ahead of Engram or anything. Bottom line is thisÖ Engram wonít get drafted for his blocking (or lack thereof), he will be drafted because he is a big, athletic, and reliable target that is just as important in McVayís offensive scheme as a WR1. NOTE: Should John Ross or Corey Davis fall to 37, they will also get heavy consideration and if all three are gone, I expect JuJu Smith-Schuster and Zay Jones to be last resorts.

Round 3 pick 5) Ahkello Witherspoon, CB, Colorado

Personally, I prefer taking a chance on Sidney Jones or Tim Williams if they fall to 69, but I think this is a good spot for Spoon. While the Rams didnít bring him in for a visit, they were in fact at the Colorado pro day and I have no doubt that they came away impressedó Iím not sure how you couldnít. If it werenít for Witherspoonís lack of desire to get involved in the run game, or his lack of ball skills, he would be a 1st-2nd rounder. His length, athleticism, and fluid hips allow him to stay in the hip with any WR from either press or off-man. He will play behind Trumaine and provide some insurance should we not sign him to a long-term deal, or should he get hurt. NOTE: a safety such as Josh Jones from NC St. will be considered here as well Iím sure (yuck) or if someone such as Dan Feeney falls he would be strongly considered. Also, if a TE isn't taken at 37, Gerald Everett will be a target here.

Round 4 pick 5) KD Cannon, WR, Baylor

I feel confident that this is where we grab a WR. Whether it be Cannon, Reynolds, or Hansen. I give Cannon the nod because of his ability to stretch the field, again for McVayís offense its more about finding the right fits rather than just plugging guys in BPA. I donít think they are sold on Tavon as a DJax deep-threat, but rather a slot Jamison Crowder type (which should work quite well IMO). Cannon will need to work hard on the little details of the position in order to transition to the NFL from the simplistic Baylor offense he comes from, but for what McVay will ask of him he should have some success. Run by the corner/safety and catch the ball and proceed to run into the endzone with the ball. NOTE: As I mentioned above, other options include Josh Reynolds and Chad Hansen.

Round 4 comp) Damontae Kazee, CB, SDSU

Kazee has been one of my faves for a while and Iím glad the Rams brought him in for a visit. He isnít the biggest or the fastest, but he makes up for it with technique, instincts, and toughness. He will provide an option in the slot behind/against Robey and can also play outside in a pinch.

Round 5 pick 5) Vince Biegel, LB, Wisconson

Biegel is someone the Rams showed interest in at the senior bowl, and while he likely wonít provide much as an edge rusher at the next level, he is a solid LB who could play behind Barwin and/or inside.

Round 6 pick 5) Jon Toth, G/C, Kentucky

Nothing new here really, I think the Rams will wait until late on day 3 to take an OL. Toth or Roullier both make a lot of sense and should be in this range. Both are very similar as they both provide size, strength, and technique, but lack athletic traits that will cause them to fall a bit.

Round 6 pick 22) David Jones, DB, Richmond

No Picture

I feel confident that we will see between 2-4 DBs taken in this draft for the Rams, and Jones has freaky athleticism and excellent instincts and balls skills. He would go higher than this if it werenít for his level of competition and his injury history.

Round 7 pick 16) Josh Augusta, DL, Mizzou

A big body to provide depth behind Brockers.

Projected SLU

QB- Goff
RB- Gurley
FB- Harkey
TE- Higbee/Engram
WR- Cannon
WR- Woods
WR- Austin
LT- Whitworth
LG- Saffold
C- Sullivan
RG- Havenstein
RT- Robinson

Will- Quinn
RE- Easley
NT- Brockers
LE- Donald
Sam- Barwin
Chase- Barron
Plug- Ogletree
RCB- Webster
LCB- Johnson
SCB- Robey
FS- Joyner
SS- Alexander

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it. While I'm not sold on Engram, just not sure how his size will affect him at the next level, there's no denying the ability. Toth is my second choice behind Roullier and I'd love to get either of them. My only change would probably be Reynold or Hollis over Cannon.
LARams91

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This draft is great imo. KD Cannon or Dede Westbrook is who I'd target round 4. I want Engram top 2. In the third I'd target a corner as well, best on our board. I'd be happy with Toth/ Rouillier. Love this!
stl4life07

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
Love it. While I'm not sold on Engram, just not sure how his size will affect him at the next level, there's no denying the ability. Toth is my second choice behind Roullier and I'd love to get either of them. My only change would probably be Reynold or Hollis over Cannon.

You are probably the first person I have seen thats not sold on Engram.

Engram is a faster and more athletic version of Jordan Reed. I think McVay would love to add him to the Rams and use both him and Higbee to attack teams. People focus on the Rams not having great receivers but just think of having those two tight ends in the scheme McVay wants to run? I dont think the Rams would need an elite receiver on the outside.

With that being said, I am starting to think Engram wont be there in the 2nd round. If I had to bet, I would say Njoku has a strong possibility to fall to the 2nd round than Engram. Thats how much Engram stock has risen as of late. In my mock draft, I have Howard, Njoku, and Engram all going in the 1st round. But I would love for Engram to be there and the Rams draft him.

Maybe its just me but with a few days away from the draft, I have that feeling that either Njoku or Ross will fall in the 2nd round. Since I have Njoku going in the 1st round in my mock, Im think Ross will fall into the 2nd round. The question is, does he make it 5th to the Rams? If so, would the Rams take him over JuJu or Jones?
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad at all. Definitely has some similarities to my mock that I'll be posting in the next day or so. I'm not sold on Cannon and would rather Reynolds for sure, but all together solid mock.
John Johnson, S/CB
Josh Reynolds, WR
Samson Ebukam, Edge
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Njoku's stock is much higher than Engrams at the moment, and while anything is possible, Id say its more likely than not that Engram is still there at 37.

It is possible that Ross could be there as well and I would hope that they would take him over JuJu if thats the case.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
stl4life07

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Njoku's stock is much higher than Engrams at the moment, and while anything is possible, Id say its more likely than not that Engram is still there at 37.

It is possible that Ross could be there as well and I would hope that they would take him over JuJu if thats the case.

Yeah I think Njoku will go in the 1st round but I'm just saying I think Engram stock has risen to where it wouldn't shock me if he went in the 1st round too.

As for Ross, I'd take him over JuJu just because I can envision McVay using him in the role of Jackson, Woods in the role of GarÁon, and Tavon in the role of Crowder if you look at Washington offense and how it functioned last season.
Rrrrrrrams

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcvay said we are looking for speed. i don#t think we are interested in juju at all.
according to albright rams will pick a wr in the later rounds.

i have a feeling we will go after the guard from indiana.
Car_Ramrod

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really really love this draft. I think Engram will be a fantastic Te for McVays system. I've seen Witherspoon play a couple times in person, he's good.

I would like to add another Rush olb at some point in the draft. Can't wait till draft day!

2016 Adopt a Ram, Mark Barron OLB

TKL:108 FF:1 INT:2 SCK:1 TFL:5

"That's some 7-9 BS."
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This works for me. The nice thing about Kazee is that he also could end up at FS due to his physicality, tackling, and ball-skills.

I still contend that Evan Engram is a WR in the NFL. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
This works for me. The nice thing about Kazee is that he also could end up at FS due to his physicality, tackling, and ball-skills.

I still contend that Evan Engram is a WR in the NFL. Wink

Yeah I wont be one bit surprised if they snag Kazee in the 3rd, either via trade down or maybe even right there at 69 if they like him enough.

Haha dont worry, we just agree to disagree Im coo wit it.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
stl4life07

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rrrrrrrams wrote:
mcvay said we are looking for speed. i don#t think we are interested in juju at all.
according to albright rams will pick a wr in the later rounds.

i have a feeling we will go after the guard from indiana.

I think it's intriguing to hear this report because if they wait till the later rounds to find a receiver then guys like JuJu, Jones, and Kupp will all be gone.
California Ram

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid Mock ! Engram is my #1 option , but he is starting to Blow up , which is what I feared ! Kind of a sigh of relief to see someone other then myself to think he can still be there ...?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've cooled off on Engram a bit, but I trust McVay to use him similarly to Jordan Reed.

Like Weatherspoon. Like Cannon. Like David Jones. Good job.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
I've cooled off on Engram a bit, but I trust McVay to use him similarly to Jordan Reed.

Like Weatherspoon. Like Cannon. Like David Jones. Good job.

Yeah Engram isnt for everyone, but besides Corey Davis, Engram is the other guy Ill pound the table for. I think he would do wonders for Goff and this offense regardless how he blocks.

Everyone else, I appreciate the feedback and Im curious to see if my predictions are correct or at least close enough.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: