You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Official Thread: It's here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mse326

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
For all the "best player available" lip service on this board, everyone sure wants to reach for needs. This is an awful OT year, so I have no problem waiting on it. Secondary scares me, but the value just wasn't there in either round. People get hung up on depth chart stuff, but in reality "lb who can cover" & "rb who can run inside the tackles" were VERY high on the need list as well, not just to fill spots but actually IMPROVE.

We've got two 4th rounders tomorrow. I sure wouldn't hate grabbing Dorian Johnson and giving him a shot at RT. Desmond King isn't the burner I wanted, but we could do far worse at safety (like starting Hal & Moore). Tedric Thompson has more speed and is a playmaker to clean up the garbage like Demps did last year.

I spent all of 5 minutes on my "predict the pick" picks, but I'd be absolutely shocked if Iowa TE George Kittle isn't a Texan this time tomorrow. Perfect move TE for us and solid middle ground between Fido & Griffin. Fits the trend of the Texans filling my 2016 wishlist in 2017 and ignoring safety and o-line starters for down the road contributors.

My only concern with trying Johnson as a tackle is he didn't even play there in college. So the idea of him stepping in right away at RT is unnerving. He looks like he has the size and athleticism however, and I love him as a guard so if it doesn't work at RT he certainly still has a chance to be a massive piece of our line for years.

I'd love Desmond King as a FS. He was a guy I was looking at with our 3rd when we took Foreman.

If we SOMEHOW manage to grab the two of them though then this draft (after the 1st) is a homerun and I hope I'm wrong about the 1st.

EDIT: Just heard that Mayock is saying Dorian Johnson has a liver issue which is part of the reason for the drop. Don't know what the issue is so obviously don't know how to factor that in.

#JDI
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was hoping Wilson fell to us when we pick. We are a pick away. I wouldnt mind King.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I can deal with Davenport. Don't know about the jump from Bucknell to start week 1 but think he may be able to start at RT by the end of the year.

#JDI
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we got a tackle. It was the right position to take. Don't know a thing about this guy

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
dsorc

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davenport is a great boom or bust pick. Has the physical traits (and more) you look for in a LT but he is extremely raw. I do not imagine he ill be that good next year but his ceiling is ridiculously high.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 picks before ours.

King please. Pray He would fill both our cb and s need wherever he ends up playing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe not the biggest need but Watkins is a really good player and I think will have an immediate impact as a DT in sub package passing downs coming in for Reader.

#JDI
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Watson and Watkins get along

Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
Maybe not the biggest need but Watkins is a really good player and I think will have an immediate impact as a DT in sub package passing downs coming in for Reader.

It was a huge need. Reader was all we had for the traditional 3-4 NT

mse326

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
mse326 wrote:

I agree there is a need at NT, but Watkins isn't a NT. In a 3 man front he is a 5 tech, which may actually be his best position.

Watkins isn't competing with Reader.

#JDI
canyon1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:

Watson and Watkins don't get along??? This is news to me what have i missed? This is a good pick I think Reader and Watkins are close and Reader can guide this guy on how to be a pro being in Houston a year now and learning from Wilfork. Watch Watkins is going to add about another 15 pounds and he will be a NT. he has a frame to add weight
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canyon1 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

Watson and Watkins don't get along??? This is news to me what have i missed? This is a good pick I think Reader and Watkins are close and Reader can guide this guy on how to be a pro being in Houston a year now and learning from Wilfork. Watch Watkins is going to add about another 15 pounds and he will be a NT. he has a frame to add weight

He was being sarcastic.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
mse326 wrote:

I agree there is a need at NT, but Watkins isn't a NT. In a 3 man front he is a 5 tech, which may actually be his best position.

Watkins isn't competing with Reader.

He could play some NT... but I agree with MSE there were other better? NTs still on the board (Grover Stewart for one).

I think this was a reach especially with players like George Kittle, Blair Brown, Desmond King, Jake Butt, Brian Allen, Jalen Myrick, Bucky Hodges, Roderick Johnson, and personal favorite Robert Davis still on the board when we picked.

Anyway.. welcome to Htown, Carlos! So will there be a Clemson Club in the Texans locker room now?
jch1911

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now Rick is just being mean
Quote:
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, free agent Jay Cutler had interest in playing for the Texans but the team wouldn't return his calls.

or is he saving him from an OB1 beatdown?
jch1911

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boooooo.... the first pick that I actively dislike especially because Brian Allen, Brandon Wilson, & Jalen Myrick are still available.

Great he has long arms (33") .... that 4.62 40 is a bigger concern.

Plus Brian Allen has 34" arms... IJS

BBBooooo

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: