Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Official Thread: It's here!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: 2017 NFL Draft Official Thread: It's here! Reply with quote

Only 3 days left guys till the moment we have been waiting for. Hopefully we have some activity talking about the draft since the board has been dead for a while. Welcome back ET btw. I'll update the OP with the picks we have.

Round 1, 12th overall: QB Deshaun Watson
Round 2, 57th overall: ILB Zach Cunningham
Round 3, 89th overall: RB D'Onta Foreman
Round 4, 130th overall: OT Julie'n Davenport
Round 4, 142nd overall (via Browns): DT Carlos Watkins
Round 5, 169th overall: S Treston DeCloud
Round 7, 243rd overall: C Kyle Fuller

Last edited by Texansfan713 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:54 pm; edited 8 times in total
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Draft Official Thread: 3 days away! Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Welcome back ET btw.

Glad to be back. Go Pat Mahomes. Or not. I dunno. Laughing

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we going to have a "Predict the Pick" thread this year?
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OL and QB is the direction I want to go the first 2 rounds. I think If Robinson, Bolles and Ramczyk are all off the board when we select round 1 then QB is a no brainer. I'm tired of seeing people thinking we should go CB early given the depth on our team and the depth of CB's in this class. Its clear what our 2 biggest needs are.

I want Mahomes like ET does. I'm not a HUGE Watson fan but I wouldn't hate the selection if he is indeed the pick. If Trusbisky is somehow available at 25, take him. O'Brien is supposedly a ''QB Guru" then he should have no problems getting good QB play out of the QB's in this draft who I feel have more talent than both Savage and Weeden. I just want a QB on this team.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the top 3 QBs and top 3 tackles are gone, would you go with someone like Peppers if he fell? His skill set would fit well in our defense on our special teams obviously needs the boost.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
If the top 3 QBs and top 3 tackles are gone, would you go with someone like Peppers if he fell? His skill set would fit well in our defense on our special teams obviously needs the boost.

I think he falls following the diluted sample issue - if you want Peppers, you can probably trade down into the early 2nd and get him.

I'd be all for that, if the top QBs and Ts were gone.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:

Nah he is going to slip in the draft due to his drug testing. Plus I never was a fan of him. I don't think he will be a game changing type defender. He doesn't get interceptions.

Lets say if the top 3 QB's and top 3 tackles are gone, then we are screwed. I would probably want the Texans to trade back and get more picks. If they stay put I would take a guy like Forrest Lamp, or a safety like Obi Melifonwu at 25.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

I think he falls following the diluted sample issue - if you want Peppers, you can probably trade down into the early 2nd and get him.

No way Peppers falls out of the first round. The "diluted" sample won't hurt his stock one bit.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

No way Peppers falls out of the first round. The "diluted" sample won't hurt his stock one bit.

Disagree. He was already viewed as a late 1st rounder anyway. He will go in round 2. His floor is mid 2nd round to me.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

He was a fringe first round guy to begin with. Given he's only one of two guys to "fail" a test, I'd think it would drop him a few spots.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isnt a diluted sample just that a diluted sample? He didnt actually fail a test, they found evidence that he might have been trying to flush his system, but it could easily be explained by other means.

Still hes a great safety to get at the end of round 1, but Safety has been an issue for the Texans every season I can remember and we never go there in round 1.

I would take Watson, Tribusky or Mahomes in round 1 but honestly if we draft a QB in round 1 I will be happy and wont care who it is.

I have never drank a beer in my life but Im getting drunk Thursday night if we get Watson....ok not really getting drunk, but I will be super pumped.

if I had to guess, I would say we go Tackle in round 1, and its someone no one saw coming

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rurmblings are that we are going with a tackle unless the top 3 are off the board and then we might look at Watson or Mahomes if they are still there.

we really need the browns to pass on a QB at 1, and then hope that the 49ers dont take a QB at 2.

there isnt really a long list of teams that need a starting QB

Browns at 1
49ers at 2

but both of those teams have to have guys rated higher

then it starts to drop

Jets at 6
I could easily see them take their pick of QBs at number 6

Saints at 11
Possibly getting a replacement for Brees, but they would have to be in love with someone because they have a lot of needs, and could wait until pick 32 to take a QB

Browns at 12
I suspect they grab a QB here

Cards at 13
They could go get the guy of the future

after that pick, it could fall all the way to Houston before you find a team that needs a QB in round 1.

its very possible that the Browns take Trubisky at 12 and then come our pick we have options.

honestly though, Browns could go Trubisky at 1, 49ers go Watson at 2 and Jets go Mahomes at 6

Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a little more searching on the QB needy teams

The Browns took Kessler in the 3rd and Hogan in the 5th last year. They might be willing to let those two battle it out for the job this year and shore up a lot more positions in the draft

The 49ers brought in Hoyer and Barkley, both of which are not long term answers but might allow them to skip QB at 2

The Jets drafted Petty in the 4th in 2015 and Hackenberg in the 2nd in 2016, so I could really see them giving those guys a chance, especially with a vet like McCown signed for the season.

The Cardinals and Saints have no long term solutions to the QB problem, but are they really going to spend 1st round picks instead of trying to put some impact players with their aging QBs?

im still not convinced we would draft a QB if all of them are on the board at 25

Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
I did a little more searching on the QB needy teams

The Browns took Kessler in the 3rd and Hogan in the 5th last year. They might be willing to let those two battle it out for the job this year and shore up a lot more positions in the draft

The 49ers brought in Hoyer and Barkley, both of which are not long term answers but might allow them to skip QB at 2

The Jets drafted Petty in the 4th in 2015 and Hackenberg in the 2nd in 2016, so I could really see them giving those guys a chance, especially with a vet like McCown signed for the season.

The Cardinals and Saints have no long term solutions to the QB problem, but are they really going to spend 1st round picks instead of trying to put some impact players with their aging QBs?

im still not convinced we would draft a QB if all of them are on the board at 25

Browns will almost certain take a QB. Only question is where in round 1.

Not buying the Niners taking one ROUND 1 because Lynch is a defensive guy first and I can see him taking a defender to shore up their terrible defense.

I think Jets will take one at round 2 at the latest.

I think the Cards and Saints taking one is a smokescreen to get QB needy teams to trade up at their picks HOWEVER, at the same time I can see the Saints taking one with their 32nd pick to have the QB 5th's option.

If we DONT take a QB at 25 if Watson and Mahomes are on the board then it's going to be a riot on Kirby.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Garropolo to Cleveland​ for pick 33 plus a few mid round picks and the Osweiler 2nd round pick is absolutely in play today. That 33rd pick us incredibly valuable, given you have a day to adjust your board according.

I'm not buying that Belicheck is going to sit tight on a backup QB, not when he could flip that for a lot.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: