Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Adrian Peterson close to deal with Saints
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
Good to see him sign somewhere, though they have a LOT more problems than just RB.

Just cause you capitalize it doesn't make it true. Laughing We don't have "a LOT" of problems. 3/4s of the DL is set with Jordan/Rankins/Fairley and we need a DE opposite him. We need a top CB but we have good depth there if healthy, which was the issue last season. 5 of our top 6 CBs were injured. And we have good LB depth but could use another starter caliber player there. Our offense is perfectly set as is, though a successor to Brees wouldn't hurt to draft.

No offense but...

Keep telling yourself that. Laughing

I will keep telling myself the truth, thanks. Idk how you people expect a defense to be good with 5 of your top 6 CBs out. Run defense was good. Pass rush was decent. All that sucked was our inability to cover anyone and teams passed all over us, but whatever you say guy. I'm the one that watched 16 games of my team last season. I'm not saying we're gonna be a top 10 defense but you people are crazy if you think we need that much more, we've acquired a ton of people on defense the last few years. It is way more likely that we fall in the 20-25 range than the 29-32 range again. Which is all we need with our offense, but you can keep telling yourself that we need much more. Laughing

And if this post was somehow in response to our offense being perfectly fine, then we've had a top 10 offense every year except for one (which was #11) under Brees/Payton. Not a concern in the slightest on that end.

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
@christomasson: The very good website http://overthecap.com reports Adrian Peterson signing with Saints should get #Vikings 6th-round compensatory pick

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
He can drive to his hometown of Palestine Texas in 4-5 hours or hop a charter quick flight and be there in less then 40 minutes. Not bad if your him.

Other than Philip Rivers (who still proudly drives a soccer mom van), what players of AD's status do you honestly believe are actually driving 4-5 hours to anywhere these days?

Believe it or not some people love to drive. Celebs-High Profile people take road trips just like the rest of us.

He comes off to me as a guy who loves to drive. He has a crazy car collection, including some beautiful luxury GT cars. And i imagine when you grow up in East Texas, you probably made that trip to New Orleans a 1,000 times. Not to mention be easy for a lot of friends and family to see him play.

Still a charter plane would be 40-50 minutes at the most, thats sweet.

"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality" -Tesla
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy (or anyone)

Totally curious when he was in his prime-top of his career what do you think his worth was in draft picks if he was traded back then?

"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality" -Tesla
NS922

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
I just don't understand this move from a football perspective.

The Saints are a pass-first team that runs out of shotgun a lot. Peterson can't run out of the shotgun, can't catch the ball, can't pass block, and the Saints already have a guy that can run between the tackles in traditional sets. What does Peterson bring to the team?

It also doesn't make any sense for Peterson. The Saints aren't going to make the playoffs and he isn't getting paid much. He could have waited until preseason or even the regular season, skip all the training camp work, and sign with an actual contender when someone gets hurt.

The Saints ran the ball from under center 327 times last year (4.1 ypc). For comparison, the Cowboys did 395 times (4.6 ypc). Only 4 more times per game. In 2009, the Saints ran the ball from under center more than the Vikings did, 450 times to 437. Running the ball under center is not a foreign concept to Sean Payton's offense.
Marc MacGyver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be interesting to see what he's got left in the tank?
tyler735

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
Good to see him sign somewhere, though they have a LOT more problems than just RB.

Just cause you capitalize it doesn't make it true. Laughing We don't have "a LOT" of problems. 3/4s of the DL is set with Jordan/Rankins/Fairley and we need a DE opposite him. We need a top CB but we have good depth there if healthy, which was the issue last season. 5 of our top 6 CBs were injured. And we have good LB depth but could use another starter caliber player there. Our offense is perfectly set as is, though a successor to Brees wouldn't hurt to draft.

No offense but...

Why? He stated facts you've added nothing.
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
vike daddy (or anyone)

Totally curious when he was in his prime-top of his career what do you think his worth was in draft picks if he was traded back then?

If you are talking right after the 2012 (MVP) season, I couldn't see the Vikings trading him for anything less than 3 1sts.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't understand it from either side. Confused

Sig by El Ramster
OleXmad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
vike daddy (or anyone)

If you are talking right after the 2012 (MVP) season, I couldn't see the Vikings trading him for anything less than 3 1sts.

No RB is worth 3 first rounders, even an MVP carry your team to the playoffs RB, Adrian Peterson in his prime was worth that to the vikings but to the rest of the league he wouldn't have fetched more than a first rounder and a mid rounder.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty league, PM me for a co-owner role.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OleXmad wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
vike daddy (or anyone)

No RB is worth 3 first rounders, even an MVP carry your team to the playoffs RB, Adrian Peterson in his prime was worth that to the vikings but to the rest of the league he wouldn't have fetched more than a first rounder and a mid rounder.

Agreed. I love me some AP, but prime Brady and prime Rodgers are probably the only two players going for that many first rounders.

A first and two thirds is a bit more likely.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OleXmad wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
vike daddy (or anyone)

ET80 got it right.

although in our current situation I'd rather have a 1st, a future 2nd and late round pick.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
KManX89 wrote:

No offense but...

What exactly isn't true about what he said?
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
Only way it makes sense for Peterson is if it was the only real offer he got all off season which is likely. It doesn't make any sense for the Saints IMO.

El ramster on the custom sig!
tyler735

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
Only way it makes sense for Peterson is if it was the only real offer he got all off season which is likely. It doesn't make any sense for the Saints IMO.

How so they lost Hightower/Spiller from last season, so they need a guy to take those carries. They got an All-Time great at RB that still has some left in the tank. Why not give him that role to split carries with Ingram?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: