Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Adrian Peterson close to deal with Saints
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edmund_jags wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
The LBC wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
He can drive to his hometown of Palestine Texas in 4-5 hours or hop a charter quick flight and be there in less then 40 minutes. Not bad if your him.

Other than Philip Rivers (who still proudly drives a soccer mom van), what players of AD's status do you honestly believe are actually driving 4-5 hours to anywhere these days?
Dude has like 12 kids, what's he supposed to drive?

what does antonio cromartie drive?

A C-17

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
RedRider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Later Pete's. You're dead to me now. New Orleans of all teams? Yeah, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRider wrote:
Later Pete's. You're dead to me now. New Orleans of all teams? Yeah, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

You guys had your chance to keep him. I understand not wanting to pay him all that money so I'm not blaming you but just like it's a business and Minny didn't want to pay him all that money, it's a business and he went to probably the only place he got an offer. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
KManX89

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see him sign somewhere, though they have a LOT more problems than just RB.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
RedRider wrote:

You guys had your chance to keep him. I understand not wanting to pay him all that money so I'm not blaming you but just like it's a business and Minny didn't want to pay him all that money, it's a business and he went to probably the only place he got an offer. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't think anyone really wanted him back in Minnesota, we don't care that he went to another team for 3 mil. I think he's just upset that he chose the Saints, when for that contract he probably could've chosen from a few different teams, especially if he'd waited until after the draft.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammyBradwater wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
RedRider wrote:

I don't think anyone really wanted him back in Minnesota, we don't care that he went to another team for 3 mil. I think he's just upset that he chose the Saints, when for that contract he probably could've chosen from a few different teams, especially if he'd waited until after the draft.

Idk about that, RB needy teams will most likely draft one in this deep class and the market would be even thinner.

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
Good to see him sign somewhere, though they have a LOT more problems than just RB.

Just cause you capitalize it doesn't make it true. Laughing We don't have "a LOT" of problems. 3/4s of the DL is set with Jordan/Rankins/Fairley and we need a DE opposite him. We need a top CB but we have good depth there if healthy, which was the issue last season. 5 of our top 6 CBs were injured. And we have good LB depth but could use another starter caliber player there. Our offense is perfectly set as is, though a successor to Brees wouldn't hurt to draft.

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

tyler735

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
KManX89 wrote:

Just cause you capitalize it doesn't make it true. Laughing We don't have "a LOT" of problems. 3/4s of the DL is set with Jordan/Rankins/Fairley and we need a DE opposite him. We need a top CB but we have good depth there if healthy, which was the issue last season. 5 of our top 6 CBs were injured. And we have good LB depth but could use another starter caliber player there. Our offense is perfectly set as is, though a successor to Brees wouldn't hurt to draft.

Exactly!
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't understand this move from a football perspective.

The Saints are a pass-first team that runs out of shotgun a lot. Peterson can't run out of the shotgun, can't catch the ball, can't pass block, and the Saints already have a guy that can run between the tackles in traditional sets. What does Peterson bring to the team?

It also doesn't make any sense for Peterson. The Saints aren't going to make the playoffs and he isn't getting paid much. He could have waited until preseason or even the regular season, skip all the training camp work, and sign with an actual contender when someone gets hurt.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
KManX89 wrote:

Exactly!

Yeah, a lot of people don't realize we had an above average run defense last year. DL and LBs were fine, but could be better with another DE/LB. Pass defense was really bad though, and hmmm wonder why, 5 of your top 6 CBs getting injured is stupidly unlucky. I think our defense will be top 25 at the least this year. Barring injuries to serious contributors of course, but that'll probably happen. Crying or Very sad

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:

The Saints are a pass-first team that runs out of shotgun a lot. Peterson can't run out of the shotgun, can't catch the ball, can't pass block, and the Saints already have a guy that can run between the tackles in traditional sets. What does Peterson bring to the team?

It also doesn't make any sense for Peterson. The Saints aren't going to make the playoffs and he isn't getting paid much. He could have waited until preseason or even the regular season, skip all the training camp work, and sign with an actual contender when someone gets hurt.

Yeah.. honestly it's way too early to say this. The saints have a top 5 qb and were littered with injuries last year. They have a ton of picks in a strong defensive draft and have drafted pretty well as of late.

Adding peterson adds a guy who can excel in short yardage/goal line situations and can thrive in an offense that actually has talent.

With all due respect, minnesota's offense is mediocre at best and for the longest time, Peterson was the only real offensive threat on that team. That's not even close to true in new orleans, plus sean payton is an offensive mastermind and will find ways to use peterson to his strengths.

Peterson can catch the ball. It's ludicrous to say he can't. And maybe he could run better out of shotgun if his OL wasn't garbage, like minnesota's was. The saints have a significantly better line to. It's a good fit for peterson and he knows it.

Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.
SWATcha

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:

This signing doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me either, but....

All teams run out of the shotgun these days. Brees actually lined up under center the 5th most of any team in the league last year.

Saying the Saints won't make the playoffs is a bit premature as well. Sure, maybe they won't, but they're far from a bad team. Remove the first Atlanta game(-13) and the Detroit game(-15) and the Saints only lost the other 7 games by a -3.71 avg. Hair more than a field goal a game. Not unthinkable that if the defense can give up 4 less points a game, the Saints can make the playoffs.

Also, I think you're underestimating AP. Maybe he's better than advertised at doing the things you listed when he's on a top 5 offense instead of a bottom 10 offense. He was the Vikings offense for years. Apart from 1 year with Favre, if you stopped AP, you stopped the Vikings offense. That won't be the case in New Orleans. He won't be facing stacked boxes, and he won't be the focal point of defenses. [/b]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:

This signing doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me either, but....

All teams run out of the shotgun these days. Brees actually lined up under center the 5th most of any team in the league last year.

Saying the Saints won't make the playoffs is a bit premature as well. Sure, maybe they won't, but they're far from a bad team. Remove the first Atlanta game(-13) and the Detroit game(-15) and the Saints only lost the other 7 games by a -3.71 avg. Hair more than a field goal a game. Not unthinkable that if the defense can give up 4 less points a game, the Saints can make the playoffs.

Also, I think you're underestimating AP. Maybe he's better than advertised at doing the things you listed when he's on a top 5 offense instead of a bottom 10 offense. He was the Vikings offense for years. Apart from 1 year with Favre, if you stopped AP, you stopped the Vikings offense. That won't be the case in New Orleans. He won't be facing stacked boxes, and he won't be the focal point of defenses. [/b]

Applause Spot on man.

Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.
saintsfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRider wrote:
Bitter much? Laughing

Adopt A Saint 2016
WR Michael Thomas 92 catches 1,137 yards 9 TDs
SS Kenny Vaccaro 68 tackles 1 sack 2 FF 1 FR 2 INT 5 PD
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
KManX89 wrote:

No offense but...

Keep telling yourself that. Laughing

Nacho Simulation Football League

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: