You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Raiders Draft Thread 3.0/ Draft Day thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was pretty confident the Raiders weren't going to draft either Walker or Brown because of their length. Also, looking back, I had no idea Ben Heeney ran a 6.68 3-cone. That's the same time as Gareon Conley!
Dessie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jlieberum1985 wrote:
say what if conl ey gone and draft melifonwu in 1st round, who would be the 2nd round pick - kpassagnon, awuzie?

I think the pick of Conley confirms that Awuzie doesn't meet our minimum size requirements for corner. Since Del Rio/Norton came on board we have picked up;

Name Height Weight Arm length 40 time
Sean Smith 6'3 214 34 5/8. 4.5
David Amerson 6'1 205 32 5/8. 4.35
Dexter McDonald 6'1 200 na. 4 37
Gareon Conley 6'0 195 33 4.44

We obviously favour Height 6'0+ and length 32'+ arms.
holyghost

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
Patting myself on the back here, but didn't I tell ya'll Reggie doesn't draft LBs early? Add 2016 - a year where we literally had a tackling dummy at both inside linebacker spots - to the docket.

I've thought on this recently. I think it's not necessarily Reggie and what he does or doesn't do. I think it's entirely responsive to the defense he and Del Rio want to run, and the modern NFL.

Meaning, on 3rd down we may have only one LB in coverage. So why invest a high pick in a guy who is only going to play the run? But more directly, why build your defense to be reliant on a dominant middle player when only a very few of them exist in football? Then have a bad defense because you don't have one? When instead you can run a defense to fit the modern NFL offense that has secondary and rush strength, and reduces the role of that dominant middle player to a role player.

A great all around LB is really hard to find. It's the player whose skills may be the most stretched of any defender. He's gotta be super stout, but fluid and fast. Hard to fit. CBs only have to be so stout, and DL only have to be so fast. But your LBs have to be both? Well, if you reduce the role then you don't have a defense built around guys you can't find.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Player numbers

Jimmy Durkin @Jimmy_Durkin
Other draft pick numbers: Melifonwu 20, Vanderdoes 94, Sharpe 71, Lee 55, Luani 26, Ware 69, Hood 34, Hester 90.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Player numbers

Other draft pick numbers: Melifonwu 20, Vanderdoes 94, Sharpe 71, Lee 55, Luani 26, Ware 69, Hood 34, Hester 90.

I like those numbers.
Synyster

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Player numbers

Luani looks nearly identical to Roy Helu wearing 26. Obi/Does/Lee/Hood all wear those numbers really good.
Synyster

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're going to get a lot of use out of this class we brought in this year. I don't see a superstar within this group, but I do see three, potentially four dependable starters down the line for us.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92
Page 92 of 92

Jump to: