You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3 Round Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drfrey13

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jlieberum1985 wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
You know Reggie is going to draft at least one or two guys we've never heard of. They scout a lot more players than we do. I'm sure it'll make some people angry, they'll be like "who!! Never heard of this scrub"

So true. Fans only hear the guys the media hypes up.

Which is why they get so bent out of shape when "named" commodities don't get drafted.

Remember Josh Chapman? You'd have thought he was Warren Sapp the way Raider fans were crying over Reggie passing on him that year Laughing

To be fair, we usually draft a not very well known guy in the 2nd and it usually hasn't panned out. Watson was a dud, Mario is never on the field, and Ward was the worst second round rookie in the league last season.

Could be worse though, I remember when Al took Mike Mitchell in the 2nd when literally every analyst had a 7th Round grade on him.

if i may to add, look at the players in the 2nd round we passed

2013 - kawann short, le'veon bell, jamie collins, travis kelce, etc...
2014 - got derek carr, best 2nd round pick in the draft
2015 - preston smith, eric kendricks, denzel perryman, ronald darby, etc...
2016 - derrick henry, jason spriggs, deion jones, su'a cravens, etc...

Last years second round was pretty bad. We had a strong feeling we were going to draft Ward but not until the 4-5th round and if I remember correctly all 4 of the players mentioned were all hyped by multiple members on this board. Deion Jones was probably the only exception but I know myself and a few others wanted him. I would not have been angry about grabbing him in the 2nd.
jlieberum1985

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

highsights or not, i'm just saying reggie 2nd round picks except carr was bad or injury prone
agarcia34

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want Kevin King at 24 if they can't trade down. Amerson and Smith were terrible can't count on them to cover anyone. King brings size that KNJ and Jack seem to like. Boost that secondary instantly. I feel like Oakland can get a LB in round 2 or three that can start.
drfrey13

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jlieberum1985 wrote:
highsights or not, i'm just saying reggie 2nd round picks except carr was bad or injury prone

2013 - Horrible draft and a lot of people got the early rounds wrong.

2014 - We killed it but were lucky because if it was not for David Carr Derek would have never made it to us.

2015 - Up in the air right now. MEJ looks like he has what it takes to be one of the best picks but last years injury was just a freak accident.

2016 - I do not know what was going on in RM's head with this one. IF we were going BPA i do not see how Ward was ahead of a few players at that point. I think RM panicked a little.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drfrey13 wrote:
jlieberum1985 wrote:

2014 - We killed it but were lucky because if it was not for David Carr Derek would have never made it to us.

2015 - Up in the air right now. MEJ looks like he has what it takes to be one of the best picks but last years injury was just a freak accident.

2016 - I do not know what was going on in RM's head with this one. IF we were going BPA i do not see how Ward was ahead of a few players at that point. I think RM panicked a little.
Man please go back and look at draft rankings Watson and Ward, and M.E.J were picked where most people who do this for a living had them ranked. Reggie didn't reach on these guys based on draft rankings. Even Mayock had Ward ranked 35th, we took him 44th. All these guys had solid 2nd round grades.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:

Could be worse though, I remember when Al took Mike Mitchell in the 2nd when literally every analyst had a 7th Round grade on him.

Yeah and Al was right about that one. Mitchell has been in the league for 8 years and a starter for the last 4. There is probably less than 1/3 of that draft class still in the league now.
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 Round Mock Reply with quote

roi34 wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
1) Reuben Foster
2) Joe Mixon
3) Caleb Brantley

Shocked

that would be a nice draft.

I like reddick too

I know right?!?

Hell, might as well trade down a few picks in the 1st and still grab Foster and add Peppers too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
You know Reggie is going to draft at least one or two guys we've never heard of. They scout a lot more players than we do. I'm sure it'll make some people angry, they'll be like "who!! Never heard of this scrub"

Which is why they get so bent out of shape when "named" commodities don't get drafted.

Remember Josh Chapman? You'd have thought he was Warren Sapp the way Raider fans were crying over Reggie passing on him that year Laughing

To be fair, we usually draft a not very well known guy in the 2nd and it usually hasn't panned out. Watson was a dud, Mario is never on the field, and Ward was the worst second round rookie in the league last season.

Roberto Aguayo says hi.

How many of the 2nd round guys were thrust into action the way he was?

I love how we just don't let players develop anymore. Laughing

You talk about RBs and everyone says "Rich and Wash will continue to develop". Talk about DT "Wards a bust" Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
jlieberum1985 wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

if i may to add, look at the players in the 2nd round we passed

2013 - kawann short, le'veon bell, jamie collins, travis kelce, etc...
2014 - got derek carr, best 2nd round pick in the draft
2015 - preston smith, eric kendricks, denzel perryman, ronald darby, etc...
2016 - derrick henry, jason spriggs, deion jones, su'a cravens, etc...

Ever heard of hindsight?

Exactly.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The no-names Reggie drafts are usually in the 4th+ rounds. Aside from 2012 - a year I didn't follow the draft - I had heard of every player Reggie drafted from rounds 1-3. It does seem like he targets specific players he can realistically get in every round, though. Hayden, Joseph, Edwards, and Ward seem like picks that Reggie could have given to somebody in a sealed envelope before he made them.
BigD1123

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Roberto Aguayo says hi.

You talk about RBs and everyone says "Rich and Wash will continue to develop". Talk about DT "Wards a bust" Laughing

This is so true I literally chuckled. But it is what it is. At least now we complain about not having immediate all pros at every position because we are winning. I can remember when we got excited because we drafted Shrek! Because when your losing you look for laughter wherever you can find it lol (Yeah I've been here that long but I lost 2 separate devices and couldn't remember my password)
BayRaider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Roberto Aguayo says hi.

J Rich and D Wash showed tons of promise, Ward didn't. He was bad, quite bad. Jury is still out though, I agree with you on that.

The point is Reggie selects guys in the 2nd that aren't as well known ad others and usually don't have much experience. I'd rather us take a different approach this year than keep trying to hit a home run in the second.
jlieberum1985

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Roberto Aguayo says hi.

J Rich and D Wash showed tons of promise, Ward didn't. He was bad, quite bad. Jury is still out though, I agree with you on that.

The point is Reggie selects guys in the 2nd that aren't as well known ad others and usually don't have much experience. I'd rather us take a different approach this year than keep trying to hit a home run in the second.

not only that, can jrich and dwash even block for the qb or running at goal line? that's where murray excels at last year, lynch can replace murray production

speaking of ward, if he don't show anything this year. then he's a bust, i doubt he will even be on the team after his rookie contract expire
drfrey13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
drfrey13 wrote:
jlieberum1985 wrote:

Man please go back and look at draft rankings Watson and Ward, and M.E.J were picked where most people who do this for a living had them ranked. Reggie didn't reach on these guys based on draft rankings. Even Mayock had Ward ranked 35th, we took him 44th. All these guys had solid 2nd round grades.

That is nice that Mayock had him ranked that high but many others did not. Ward was drafted based upon potential when there were players with potential hat produced in college. Mayock also had these players ranked high.
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drfrey13 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
drfrey13 wrote:
jlieberum1985 wrote:

That is nice that Mayock had him ranked that high but many others did not. Ward was drafted based upon potential when there were players with potential hat produced in college. Mayock also had these players ranked high.

A lot of people had Ward ranked in the 40-60 range in the final push to the draft. Just because other where there too doesn't erase his perceived value at the time.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: