You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What will happen Thursday?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samsel23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColeTrain wrote:
samsel23 wrote:
ColeTrain wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
I think this is a great question, and was fixing to come start a thread for folks to predict what direction they think we'll go in the 1st round. As late as we are this year, and given how our relatively short list of needs doesn't really align with the expected positions left on our range, it seems like we will either reach or go BPA at a position of minimal need.

I think there is so much depth at CB this year, and that could be argued as our biggest need, that a slight reach there is probably OK. There's as many as 8 CB's that I've seen mocked in the first or very early 2nd, which suggests there's a ton of talent there, but most mocks have 4-5 CB's taken in the first. Guys like Kevin King and Quincy Wilson are the longer more physical types we like and are typically in the late 1st/early 2nd range on most mocks. I'd predict one of them, unless Forrest Lamp is there, and we probably take him.

I think going BPA is not necessarily the best option, unless it happens to be a at a position of need (like RB, if Cook/McCaffrey/Mixon fall -- something like that). The CB class is very strong. I'd like King at 27 if the Seahawks don't take him before us. I don't see why we would take Forrest Lamp, our o-line is fairly solid. I think CB is our biggest need, honestly.

Lamp would transform our OL, taking it from not a weakness to a huge benefit. He's not at the top of my list, but depending how the board falls I could definitely see him being the pick of available.

High praise, but sliding Lamp in at LG improves that position greatly, as well as the other 2 guys beside him.

Wasn't Ehinger the starter there last year until he was injured? He was a round 4 pick. If Lamp is really R1 worthy, it'd certainly be an upgrade. Just don't want a situation like Fisher a few years back.

Yeah I like Ehinger, I don't think he'll ever become a stud but he's serviceable. Depending how the board falls though I'm not sure they're many positions we should cross off our list. Lamp could transform our line similar to Zach Martin in Dallas, he's that good. RB's become much easier to find when you have an dominant OL up front, especially one where all 5 guys can get out and block on the move.

CB is very deep in this draft, I wouldn't be opposed to one early if a guy falls but you're going to be able get a CB in this draft a round or 2 earlier than you normally would, no reason to sit on solid value in a round when they'll be there later.

DT still really isn't a huge need, we already have 5 guys that have played and produced at a solid level. A couple Mid-Late Round guys would be alright, but I wouldn't put it as a pressing need.

ILB - QB - CB - OL - RB - OLB -

These right now are what I'd venture towards, depending how the board falls.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kansas City Chiefs: QB or bust? Not quite, but a source with the Chiefs scouting department does expect they'll add a passer in the first two rounds. I've also been told by another source that inside linebacker is high on the team's wish list.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:68/Sacks:22/FF:4
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other news water is wet, sky appears blue.

Seriously why is it that when the Chiefs have a pick worthy of a franchise QB there is nobody to take, and into the year they finally seem to want to take one, literally all of them have serious question marks?

I don't get the RB hype, I understand that we don't have a big name bell cow any more but the running game was decent last year, could have been better but could have been worse.

To me it's BEST ILB available unless someone slides. Once we lost DJ we couldn't stop anyone. We brought in a serious running stopping for DT, so that will help, but DJ isn't going to play forever and his recent injury history would show that someone to line up along side and eventually take his place would be good planning.

If Reid is to be believed they really like what they have in Bray now. But if that's the case I would hope they give him a shot. But if they do draft a QB, I don't think there is many better coaches to learn the game from.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason we get a shot at a possible franchise QB is that he has issues. I think there are eight potential starting QB in this draft--the big 4, Webb, Ka'aya, Dobbs and Kelly. We can talk about Peterman. I expect them all gone by #91, except Kelly, who has enough baggage he may not go at all.

The big four and Webb will go by pick 50. We might trade back a bit and still get one, maybe. If not then, we could get one of the other three at #59. Again, we might be able to trade back and still get one. If we want a future starter, we accept Kelly's many issues, use one of our first two picks, or trade up in round three.

*On further investigation, I need to bump Dobbs considerably. He's skinny and undercoached. Both are more easily correctable than Watsons's issues. In any event, I think Dobbs at #59 is a real possibility.

J

Last edited by onejayhawk on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid we will go QB at 27 despite some elite defensive talent being on the board. I just think they want a QB with one of first two picks and will want to take one end of round 1 to have that 5th year option while they groom him.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
I'm afraid we will go QB at 27 despite some elite defensive talent being on the board. I just think they want a QB with one of first two picks and will want to take one end of round 1 to have that 5th year option while they groom him.

That fifth year option is a big consideration, and glad you reminded me. For a QB that will need time, that gives you an extra year to not have to rush him too much. And I think all of us would expect any of the QBs in this draft to need time to get where we need them to be. I keep hearing about the next Dak Prescott, but he is by far the exception than the rule.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah and I just can't help feeling they wanna go QB and that is the sweet spot to grab one unless another position falls that they are in love with if that happens I could still seeing them going QB in the 2nd but I do really think that 5th year option is a big consideration for taking one in bottom of 1st.
mayanfootball

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
I'm afraid KC can't wait that long. Alex Smith needs to be replaced sooner not later. A 5th. yr. option would work only to give the Chiefs time to resign their experienced starter and draft pick from Thursday.
valkrei

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
In other news water is wet, sky appears blue.

Seriously why is it that when the Chiefs have a pick worthy of a franchise QB there is nobody to take, and into the year they finally seem to want to take one, literally all of them have serious question marks?

I don't get the RB hype, I understand that we don't have a big name bell cow any more but the running game was decent last year, could have been better but could have been worse.

To me it's BEST ILB available unless someone slides. Once we lost DJ we couldn't stop anyone. We brought in a serious running stopping for DT, so that will help, but DJ isn't going to play forever and his recent injury history would show that someone to line up along side and eventually take his place would be good planning.

If Reid is to be believed they really like what they have in Bray now. But if that's the case I would hope they give him a shot. But if they do draft a QB, I don't think there is many better coaches to learn the game from.

I think we trade up in round 1 to get a LB or Qb and possibly trade up in round 2 as well.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkrei wrote:
I think we trade up in round 1 to get a LB or Qb and possibly trade up in round 2 as well.

Trading back is much more likely. The top 10 picks of round two is better value than the last ten picks of round 1, ditto round 3. That said, I could see trading up for Foster if he gets to pick 20ish. The round 2 QB look to be Kizer, Webb and Dobbs.

J

Last edited by onejayhawk on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
mayanfootball

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
valkrei wrote:

Trading back is much more likely. The top 10 picks of round two is better value than the last ten picks of round 1, ditto round 3.

J
2nd rd. picks are terrific this draft. I'm not adverse to trading down for an extra 2 and 3, or a 2 this yr. and a 2 next year. Need to be high 2's tho.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: