Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who are you hoping is off the Browns's draft board?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you prefer the Browns take off their big board?
John Brown in first round 1-32 (injuries)
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Joe Mixon in first three rounds 1-107 (character)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Chad Kelly in all rounds (character)
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Reuben Foster in first round 1-32 (positive test/combine)
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Dalvin Cook in first two rounds 1-64 (character)
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Jonathon Allen top 10 (injury)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kelly & Mixon only
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Cook & Mixon only
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cook, Mixon & Kelly
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cook, Mixon & Foster
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mixon, Foster, Allen
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
All of them
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
All of them but Foster
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
All of them but Brown
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
All of them but Allen
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
All of them but Foster & Allen
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
All of them but Foster & Kelly
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
All of them but Foster, Kelly & Allen
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

brownie man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
There is no f'ing way that Watson throws passes 15-20% slower than most other NFL quarterbacks. None. Zero.

My guess is he was throwing soft at the combine to control accuracy. The 48 MpH thing is a crock.

Plenty of reasons to dislike Watson witbout pretending he has the weakest noodle arm in the history of the game.

Sorry Rog, this is probably the only topic where we strongly disagree on something. I think he has a VERY weak arm. I refuse to go based off of the combine to be fair.

Idk man reports from the pro day said the same thing.

To me where there's smoke there fire

I don't need another QB that can't play in the conditions Cleveland is going to present
Deshone Kizer, Malik Hooker, Carlos Watkins, Adoree Jackson, Budda Baker, TJ Watt, Montravius Adams, Ryan Switzer, Kendall Beckwith, Davis Webb, Des Lawrence, Shelton Gibson, Jamaal Williams, Bucky Hodges
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
There is no f'ing way that Watson throws passes 15-20% slower than most other NFL quarterbacks. None. Zero.

My guess is he was throwing soft at the combine to control accuracy. The 48 MpH thing is a crock.

Plenty of reasons to dislike Watson witbout pretending he has the weakest noodle arm in the history of the game.

Sorry Rog, this is probably the only topic where we strongly disagree on something. I think he has a VERY weak arm. I refuse to go based off of the combine to be fair.

I don't need another QB that can't play in the conditions Cleveland is going to present

Does anyone know of any draft "expert" who had a single complaint about his arm prior to the combine?

Not saying the concerns didn't exist, but I sure never saw them and his play never seemed to indicate it.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
brownie man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
roger murdock wrote:

Deshone Kizer, Malik Hooker, Carlos Watkins, Adoree Jackson, Budda Baker, TJ Watt, Montravius Adams, Ryan Switzer, Kendall Beckwith, Davis Webb, Des Lawrence, Shelton Gibson, Jamaal Williams, Bucky Hodges
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
roger murdock wrote:

Yeah, at the combine he's just playing catch, there's no need to rifle a ball in there as if a defender is going to jump the throw.

Seperate drill. Radar gun used as they throw at a target.

It's not a casual throwing session. Prospects are aware they are participating in the velocity drill, and being measured.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
roger murdock wrote:

Yeah, at the combine he's just playing catch, there's no need to rifle a ball in there as if a defender is going to jump the throw.

It's not a casual throwing session. Prospects are aware they are participating in the velocity drill, and being measured.

Ah, had no idea, never saw it performed when watching the drills.

ditchdigger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
roger murdock wrote:

Ah, had no idea, never saw it performed when watching the drills.

I believe it is all wrapped up with the throwing drills. Set up where the WR runs a deep out and they throw it to a spot on the sideline. This year, for the first time, they measured both right and left sideline throws.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff, thanks for the info.

His arm still looked fine when you watch him play IMO.

I don't like him much as a prospect, but it's not because of that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: