Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who are you hoping is off the Browns's draft board?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you prefer the Browns take off their big board?
John Brown in first round 1-32 (injuries)
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Joe Mixon in first three rounds 1-107 (character)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Chad Kelly in all rounds (character)
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Reuben Foster in first round 1-32 (positive test/combine)
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Dalvin Cook in first two rounds 1-64 (character)
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Jonathon Allen top 10 (injury)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kelly & Mixon only
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Cook & Mixon only
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cook, Mixon & Kelly
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cook, Mixon & Foster
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mixon, Foster, Allen
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
All of them
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
All of them but Foster
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
All of them but Brown
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
All of them but Allen
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
All of them but Foster & Allen
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
All of them but Foster & Kelly
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
All of them but Foster, Kelly & Allen
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
I think Watson drives his passes pretty well. I never heard the weak armed stuff until the cobine.

I was beating that drum way before the combine. My hate has been real since before the season.
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
H2, I rarely disagree with you. However, I do on Watsons arm strength.

I saw him threading needles all night against Bama's defense. He threw some perfect corner routes and ball placement between and over the defenders was stunning. He does get a little lazy with his legs on some throws, which I think is where he gets himself in trouble a lot of the time. Even on placement type throws, you've got to get that leverage out of your legs to have the right power behind the ball. He also tucks his left arm kinda early which I think is why his accuracy can be questioned at times.

I like him, I don't love him.

Good news though, I see no knee inversion in him!

Yeah I don't personally see anything bad about his velocity. Accuracy issues are real. Arm strength is not. But his accuracy issues maybe mechanical. Can't lie he's an unknown to me. I honestly don't know what to think of him. It happens from time to time.

Thanks Reg!
AkronsWitness

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
I think Watson drives his passes pretty well. I never heard the weak armed stuff until the cobine.

I was beating that drum way before the combine. My hate has been real since before the season.

I find it funny how you listen to the radio and everybody makes fun of Kessler and his 'noodle arm' but then you hear the same guys want Watson because he is a 'gamer' and a 'winner'

Its kind of incredibly stupid. Arm strength is HUGE but also overrated. You see guys that get taken way too early just because of their prototypical size and huge arms. You saw it last year with Paxton Lynch and despite needing a year of grooming--he hasnt shown anything yet despite his huge arm.

I just think arm strength is something to use advanced metrics for. You will see a trend with pro bowl QBs and what their ball velocities are. There should be a sweet spot like 54-58mph or something. If no QB has been of pro bowl caliber in the past 10 years while throwing 48mph and thats what Watson throws, why would you draft him? The numbers are there to prove/disprove

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or just watch the freaking "film".

It's really not hard nerds.

Thanks Reg!
AkronsWitness

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
Or just watch the freaking "film".

It's really not hard nerds.

Nothing on film says he has arm strength. Even his 10-12 yard passes look finesse and lobbed in there with no zip. I mean look at the :10 second mark. What the hell is that. He tries to drop everything in there with pinpoint passes and doesnt just stick the ball in the WRs chest. Even his 5-10 yard slants are floated in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_4FCcMUoV4

Last edited by AkronsWitness on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think a lot of you guys confuse arm strength and touch. And mechanics.

Kessler had adequate MPH. Yet his arm is inadequate.

Thanks Reg!
AkronsWitness

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
I honestly think a lot of you guys confuse arm strength and touch. And mechanics.

His touch is the reason he threw so many INTs and should have had a lot more. Watch that Auburn game, the DBs were all over his passes because if he doesnt drop it right in the bucket--then its a pass breakup. His inaccuracy on these floater touch passes is very concerning.

He doesnt drive the ball downfield, he puts air under it and floats it. In the NFL that allows very good DBs to make up ground very fast and play the ball.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:

His touch is the reason he threw so many INTs and should have had a lot more. Watch that Auburn game, the DBs were all over his passes because if he doesnt drop it right in the bucket--then its a pass breakup.

He doesnt drive the ball downfield, he puts air under it and floats it. In the NFL that allows very good DBs to make up ground very fast and play the ball.

So sorry AW but you proved my point. Not a whole lot of people understand touch.

Thanks Reg!
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:

His touch is the reason he threw so many INTs and should have had a lot more. Watch that Auburn game, the DBs were all over his passes because if he doesnt drop it right in the bucket--then its a pass breakup.

So sorry AW but you proved my point. Not a whole lot of people understand touch.

Yeah, touch is always a positive. You can't have too much touch, touch means you put the ball right where it should be.
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:

Yeah, touch is always a positive. You can't have too much touch, touch means you put the ball right where it should be.

Hey without touch you don't know you're real.

Thanks Reg!
MWil23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want absolutely no part of:

Kizer: Any Round before the 4th

Mahommes: Any Round before the 4th

Caleb Brantley: Any Round before the 4th

Peppers: Before Pick 65. I think that he's a great athlete and solid football player with flaws. I would have considered him at 33 before yesterday (the kid was an All American) as I think he'll be a good box safety and worst case scenario with him I see Whitner 2.0 in him. Yesterday's positive dilute test is a concern, mixed with him sitting out a bowl game to "prepare for the combine". So, you spend months prepping for the combine and yet you still test positive for a dilute?

John Ross, before the 3rd. We already have Coleman, no need for another small/fast WR. We need big bodied Red Zone threats.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a huge fan of dudes that put their hands on women. I would opt to not take Mixon. I also don't get the hype on him anyways. Whenever I watched Homa play, I was more impressed with Perrine. That's not to say that Mixon isn't the better pro prospect, but this hype of him being better than Fournette, Cook, or Mcaffery???? I'm not buying it.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
roger murdock

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no f'ing way that Watson throws passes 15-20% slower than most other NFL quarterbacks. None. Zero.

My guess is he was throwing soft at the combine to control accuracy. The 48 MpH thing is a crock.

Plenty of reasons to dislike Watson witbout pretending he has the weakest noodle arm in the history of the game.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
There is no f'ing way that Watson throws passes 15-20% slower than most other NFL quarterbacks. None. Zero.

My guess is he was throwing soft at the combine to control accuracy. The 48 MpH thing is a crock.

Plenty of reasons to dislike Watson witbout pretending he has the weakest noodle arm in the history of the game.

Yeah, at the combine he's just playing catch, there's no need to rifle a ball in there as if a defender is going to jump the throw.

Folks are overthinking this one IMO.

I have a lot of question marks with Watson, his arm strength isn't one of them.
candyman93

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:

Sorry Rog, this is probably the only topic where we strongly disagree on something. I think he has a VERY weak arm. I refuse to go based off of the combine to be fair.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: