Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who are you hoping is off the Browns's draft board?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you prefer the Browns take off their big board?
John Brown in first round 1-32 (injuries)
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Joe Mixon in first three rounds 1-107 (character)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Chad Kelly in all rounds (character)
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Reuben Foster in first round 1-32 (positive test/combine)
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Dalvin Cook in first two rounds 1-64 (character)
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Jonathon Allen top 10 (injury)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kelly & Mixon only
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Cook & Mixon only
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cook, Mixon & Kelly
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cook, Mixon & Foster
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mixon, Foster, Allen
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
All of them
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
All of them but Foster
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
All of them but Brown
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
All of them but Allen
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
All of them but Foster & Allen
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
All of them but Foster & Kelly
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
All of them but Foster, Kelly & Allen
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

NudeTayne

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Who are you hoping is off the Browns's draft board? Reply with quote

I read about a few players recently being off some teams' draft boards & thought a bit more about whom I would like off Cleveland's draft board. I'll toss a poll up of the most common players I can think of whom have some red flags. I'll put a bunch of combos (but not all, since there are a bazillion combos).

**Note: I'm sure we'd all be willing to grab, say, John Brown in the 4th round, but because of his general perceived value, I would count that as being off our draft board in that scenario b/c he is likely a 1st/high second in perceived value etc.***

The draft is on its way. Let's see if there is any consensus (j/k...there won't be)! Very Happy Feel free to write in/discuss any I may have missed that you feel strongly about.

**Update: I put top 10 for Allen, but let's assume it says top 12, since that is the real question. Would you remove Allen from your #1 & #12 pick draft board?**
call him throbin hood, our defense throbin hood and his hairy men

DizzyDean wrote:
buno67 wrote:
sigh...swing and a miss yet again
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any QB in the first 2 rounds.
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watson

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Watson

Would you grab him in round 3 or later, or is he off your board entirely? I would put his reasonable expected draft value as picks 1-64; thus, I would consider his "off my board" value to be third round or later.

If he can somehow improve his arm strength, I'd be all over him. That said, I wouldn't consider him before round 3 as is.

DizzyDean wrote:
buno67 wrote:
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NudeTayne wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Watson

Would you grab him in round 3 or later, or is he off your board entirely? I would put his reasonable expected draft value as picks 1-64; thus, I would consider his "off my board" value to be third round or later.

If he can somehow improve his arm strength, I'd be all over him. That said, I wouldn't consider him before round 3 as is.

The 3rd round is where you're suppose to find solid starters. Why waste it on a garbage prospect. He has no redeemable Nfl traits. We need as many good positional players as possible.

2016 Adopt A Brown: Al Saunders
bruceb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
Any QB in the first 2 rounds.

+1
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Watson

The 3rd round is where you're suppose to find solid starters. Why waste it on a garbage prospect. He has no redeemable Nfl traits. We need as many good positional players as possible.

Man, I'm so close to coming fully on board with you. Watson is like that CB I draft in Madden with Quick or Superstar potential, 85 Man coverage as a rookie(!) but has only 83 speed, which is impossibly expensive to upgrade. If Watson had an even average arm, I would consider him in the first round. Yet his stats were so huge Think. He practically makes Rivers look like the old gunslinger. Do you think he can't improve his arm enough to ever be the real deal? He seems like a better prospect than Tebow coming out (whatever that qualifies Razz). Watson's intangibles and leadership are off the charts. But what is that worth...?

DizzyDean wrote:
buno67 wrote:
bruceb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NudeTayne wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Watson

Man, I'm so close to coming fully on board with you. Watson is like that CB I draft in Madden with Quick or Superstar potential, 85 Man coverage as a rookie(!) but has only 83 speed, which is impossibly expensive to upgrade. If Watson had an even average arm, I would consider him in the first round. Yet his stats were so huge Think. He practically makes Rivers look like the old gunslinger. Do you think he can't improve his arm enough to ever be the real deal? He seems like a better prospect than Tebow coming out (whatever that qualifies Razz). Watson's intangibles and leadership are off the charts. But what is that worth...?

Sounds like an Illusion. I agree.
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NudeTayne wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Watson

Qbs rarely ever improve their arm strength. And if they do it takes a few years of work. We don't have the luxury of waiting for a long shot.

2016 Adopt A Brown: Al Saunders
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Watson

Qbs rarely ever improve their arm strength. And if they do it takes a few years of work. We don't have the luxury of waiting for a long shot.

Grrrrrrr...good point. I know this but just don't wanna hear it. Dizzy truly is the voice of reason here Very Happy. I must admit that as epic as the championship game was, it really did look like the entire game was a macrocosm of watching Eli throw the a rainbow that came down somehow to perfectly stick in David Tyree's helmet. If I'm being honest with myself, I don't foresee many of his throws working so well against NFL defenders. I do foresee Mike Williams being a big hit, though, as some of the duck with orange sauce he made out of those ducks was phenomenal.

DizzyDean wrote:
buno67 wrote:
malibuspeedrace

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peppers

And it isn't close

LINDOR!!
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Watson

the arm strength thing is such a fallacy. first, there have been plenty of good to great QB's that had been drafted with average arm strength that ended up getting stronger due to different training and preparation as professionals. second, if you have a good QB, then you can adapt your gameplan and play calling to fit their strengths and alter it as they progress in their career and with their abilities. The play calling that New England utilizes today is a lot different than what they did in Brady's early years. Why? Because he has a better arm now, and he has evolved his game to be the best QB we arguably have ever seen. Same can be said for Pittsburgh with Roethlisberger. Early on, they were a primary running team, they limited his attempts to prevent mistakes. As he matured, they turned into more of a passing offense.

Do you think Dallas stays with the exact offense as last year as Dak evolves?

I can't wait for draft day for this madness to end. QB isn't at the top of my list for first round picks, though I completely understand if they decide to go for it. But it's becoming so insane that Trubisky, who from all accounts by the professionals and experts has a legit arm, is being talked about by some on here as having a below average arm and being the next Alex Smith (or worse, Christian Ponder).

Here's a good intro article about arm speed (the almighty ball velocity that meant nothing until a couple of years ago).

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2017/03/13/greg-gabriel-is-a-quarterbacks-velocity-an-indicator-of-how-good-he-will-be-in-the-nfl/a93ef5p/

here's a picture of our next QB. Because the only acceptable guy for us to take is the one that can throw a pigskin over a mountain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Watson

the arm strength thing is such a fallacy. first, there have been plenty of good to great QB's that had been drafted with average arm strength that ended up getting stronger due to different training and preparation as professionals. second, if you have a good QB, then you can adapt your gameplan and play calling to fit their strengths and alter it as they progress in their career and with their abilities. The play calling that New England utilizes today is a lot different than what they did in Brady's early years. Why? Because he has a better arm now, and he has evolved his game to be the best QB we arguably have ever seen. Same can be said for Pittsburgh with Roethlisberger. Early on, they were a primary running team, they limited his attempts to prevent mistakes. As he matured, they turned into more of a passing offense.

I can't wait for draft day for this madness to end. QB isn't at the top of my list for first round picks, though I completely understand if they decide to go for it. But it's becoming so insane that Trubisky, who from all accounts by the professionals and experts has a legit arm, is being talked about by some on here as having a below average arm and being the next Alex Smith (or worse, Christian Ponder).

Here's a good intro article about arm speed (the almighty ball velocity that meant nothing until a couple of years ago).

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2017/03/13/greg-gabriel-is-a-quarterbacks-velocity-an-indicator-of-how-good-he-will-be-in-the-nfl/a93ef5p/

here's a picture of our next QB. Because the only acceptable guy for us to take is the one that can throw a pigskin over a mountain

My sig is already paying dividends.

DizzyDean wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take Cook at 52, maybe even 33. I don't care much about a poor combine because he proved what he could do on the field.

His history of abusing animals and women is going to take some good PR work though. I think he will be a good player and if he seems like he has a grasp on himself I'd take a chance. If he seems aloof I'd pass altogether.
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NudeTayne wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Watson

My sig is already paying dividends.

I like Kelly a lot, but I'd completely understand a team not thinking he is the guy. I like Mahomes a ton, but I understand the concerns regarding the offense he ran in college and how his abilities translate. Hell I like Cody Kessler a ton, but there's so much damn pressure to find your "franchise" QB, that nobody ever wants to actually take the time to develop a guy. All of the media in the town are freaking out that we don't have a franchise QB. The minute someone mentions Cody Kessler and how he actually wasn't bad (and drastically overachieved), you get cut off and reminded how he was 0-8 and doesn't have a "strong" arm that is needed in the AFC North (however funny enough b/c most of the world thinks Flacco is overrated and Dalton is average, yet we absolutely have to have an accurate Jamarcus Russell in Cleveland to be happy).

Kizer fans don't want Mahomes, Mahomes fans don't want Trubisky, Trubisky fans don't want Watson, nobody wants Watson because some ball speed test that started the year Matt Ryan was drafted (and he didn't throw at the combine to get tested) determined that the balls he threw at the combine were slower than what they should be, so he's undraftable now.

The fact that the team hasn't came out showing support for Cody this offseason tells me that he probably isn't going to be the long term answer, and we are going to draft a guy early. These guys are also pretty smart and how how stupid it would be to reveal their cards either way, and to try as play as close to the vest as possible until the draft arrives.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: