Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft Scenario--Trade Back to #33
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justwantwins

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Mock Draft Scenario--Trade Back to #33 Reply with quote

It has been pretty quiet in the forum lately so I figured I would throw out an unusual scenario. Given the depth of the draft would you consider a trade back all the way to pick #33. What do you think the appropriate value for this trade back should be? 33 and 52 plus a player? Thoughts?
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general, I'm a fan of trading back for more picks. That being said, I can't guess a value without knowing who is available.
All hail Nnivolcm.

Team Stylish
Calvin-Stafford

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, but I'm not sure what Cleveland would be trading up for. Cleveland's new FO seems to be all about trading down not up.
CutParisLenon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As has been mentioned, it really depends who is and is not available.

If Reddick, Foster, or Davis are there, I would not move back but would select one of them.

If another elite talent somehow falls to us, I would of course take that player rather than moving back.

But say no elite player falls (including the three linebackers I listed above), I would absolutely trade back for the picks you mentioned there. I think you'll have a ton of quality players at 33 (Melafonwu, Mixon- if they decide to abandon character evaluations, Rivers, a bunch of corners, McDowell, etc.).

Not sure about a player from Cleveland that I'd want included in that package. Anyone worth having is going to be part of their foundation. They might be willing to part ways with Hayden, but I am not sure I'd want him at this point. Maybe Josh Gordon, but I suspect Cleveland is planning on keeping him.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to trade down in that range. The Atlanta Falcons pick at #31 and their GM stated that they have a trade up in place if a guy they want falls. I have no proof that the Lions are the team they have a trade in place with, but Bob Quinn is close to some of the guys in Atlanta having worked with them in New England, so it wouldn't surprise me if they have a deal already worked out. It also makes sense for both teams. The Falcons are close enough for the Lions to still get a good player but they're far enough back to get a good pick in return for the trade. The Lions are close enough that the Falcons don't have to give up a fortune, but they're high enough to grab a falling top prospect.

It wouldn't be a shock to me if the Lions trade #21 and Laken Tomlinson to the Falcons for #31 and other draft picks. Tomlinson isn't a fit for what the Lions really want but he could be a solid addition for the Falcons to replace Chris Chester.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I'd be interested in a trade back. We are in prime position to get a top player that mysteriously falls. I don't think our problem is quantity. Our problem is quality. We just need better football players.

I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
I don't think I'd be interested in a trade back. We are in prime position to get a top player that mysteriously falls. I don't think our problem is quantity. Our problem is quality. We just need better football players.

When I look at our front seven I see both quantity and quality being significant issues.
All hail Nnivolcm.

Team Stylish
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

When I look at our front seven I see both quantity and quality being significant issues.

I disagree. We have plenty of guys who would be considered very quality depth.

Hyder, Washington, Spence, Ngata, Bryant, Whitehead, Worrilow, Williams..... That's great depth. We need the quality players to put in front of them, though. It's not going to do us any good by adding more players that are at the same level as these guys. This is a good group. We just need to add star power to it.

Louis Friend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

Hyder, Washington, Spence, Ngata, Bryant, Whitehead, Worrilow, Williams..... That's great depth. We need the quality players to put in front of them, though. It's not going to do us any good by adding more players that are at the same level as these guys. This is a good group. We just need to add star power to it.

I agree with this. We are missing the Ndamukong Suh defensive lineman. We are missing the 2013 DeAndre Levy at linebacker, or even prime Stephen Tulloch at linebacker. We have decent depth at the position but we don't have the star starters at the positions. I would honestly trade our entire draft for 1 star DL and 1 star LBs.

Sig by El Ramster
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

I agree with FTW on this. The Lions lack playmakers and need to upgrade starters at a number of positions if they want to take the next step. Someone is going to fall, and while a trade back is always interesting, it depends on who is available and a number of other variables. If I had to say one way or another without knowing any information right now? I'd stay.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

I agree with FTW on this. The Lions lack playmakers and need to upgrade starters at a number of positions if they want to take the next step. Someone is going to fall, and while a trade back is always interesting, it depends on who is available and a number of other variables. If I had to say one way or another without knowing any information right now? I'd stay.

I'll take it a step further. I'd trade up before I'd trade down.

Calvin-Stafford

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

I'll take it a step further. I'd trade up before I'd trade down.

For the right player (FOSTER!!!) I'd agree.
Rockcity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with ftw. I only really like trade downs if it nets us future picks.

Trade I'd love to see is a trade up in the second target a guy
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ideal situation:

Stay put at 21 and grab the Tier A LB or DE that hopefully drops.

Trade up in the 2nd to grab the Tier B LB or DE that will drop.

Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Ideal situation:

Stay put at 21 and grab the Tier A LB or DE that hopefully drops.

Trade up in the 2nd to grab the Tier B LB or DE that will drop.

I like this plan.

PS, there are too many people agreeing with FTW, it feels weird in here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: