Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

REDandPEWTERS final Buccaneers Mock Draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: REDandPEWTERS final Buccaneers Mock Draft. Reply with quote

Top Needs:
1a. RB
1b. Edge Rusher
3. Safety
4. TE
5. WR

Here we go. After months of waiting, we are officially 4 days away. Today is my only free time and I'm sure I will be itching to write another Mock Draft in two days when more draft rumors swirl on Monday/Tuesday and Wednesday lol.

That being said, I've read per, pewterplank.com, that rumor has it Licht is looking to move down to acquire an extra day two pick. That seems possible, is I am intrigued by Seattle moving up to get Ramcyk at 19 when rumors are stating Denver can take him at 20. KC moving up to jump the Giants and Raiders for Dalvin Cook if he's available? I honestly think Licht isn't as "risky" this time (example moving up for a kicker) and taking someone who is a boom or bust type player.

If Barnett is on the board, which I think his fall due to media having concerns over his workouts vs. scouts and GM seeing him absolutely being the most NFL ready pass rusher coming out, he'll go top 10 easily.

Lets get to it:

First Round: We have a trade! Like I said before, I think Licht wants more day two ammo as this draft is deep with starting talent through three/four rounds. With Cook and Ramcyk on the board, we get calls from both Seattle and KC.
The bucs trade the 19th overall pick to the Seattle Seahawks in exchange for picks 1.26 and 3.90. Seattle has three picks in round 3 and are intriguing option to trade down with. The depth at Tackle in this draft is poor and Seattle needs to improve desperately there.

With the 26th pick, the Buccaneers select....
Charles Harris DE Missouri

Quote:
I honestly believe we're still looking for an elite pass rusher and quite frankly I'm believing it. Licht's eyes light up when discussing edge rushers stating you can never have enough and that rumor states he'd like to get younger on the DLINE. That said, Harris is one of my favorite prospects and I have a feeling he'll be here in round 1. He's a terror who's always around the ball and can line up as a LB in a 3-4, something that the Bucs have been apparently using in practices all last year to mix things up. He's good against the run and a terror on passing downs. I contemplated Willis and Baker here, but I believe Licht's philosophy is to rush the QB before addressing the seconday

2nd Round: The Tampa bay buccaneers select Chris Godwin WR Penn State

Quote:
The bucs may have signed Desean Jackson but that is a two year rental with him being 30. Godwin not only offers speed, but ability to play on the outside, can go up and attack the ball and muscle opposing DBs. He did very well against Conley from Ohio State and destroyed Adoree Jackson in the Rose Bowl for deep gains. Good hands, speed. This could really offer the Bucs to go 4 WR often and gives us a #2 for the future. Weapons for Winston? Yes.

3rd Round: The buccaneers select Kareem Hunt RB Toledo

Quote:
Finally, the Bucs get their RB. Hunt is not the sexy pick. He doesn't offer 4.4 speed on the track, but this guy is built and his football IQ is probably top of the line. People say Dalvin Cook is the most polished and all around back in the draft. That is fake news because Hunt is a 3 down monster. He has the best vision and reminds me of Leveon bell with his patience, short area quickness and his ability to explode off one cut and go. He's shown excellent ball security (1 fumble in his entire career) and ability at Receiver and pass protect. He's shown ability to hit the home run, but is more of a Bell type who will eat yardage and move the chains with the occasional home run hit. Sleeper that has Licht intrigued.

3rd Round via Seattle trade: The Buccaneers select Tedric Thompson Safety Colorado

Quote:
This bucs team lacks a true center fielder. Thompson gives us playmaking ability in the secondary. He will not have to start right away and can develop into a future FS for this Bucs team. Very underrated prospect

4th Round: Buccaneers select George Kittle TE Iowa

Quote:
Bucs need to get a #2 TE. Kittle will fall a bit because he has not displayed the pass catching abilities that some think he has upside on. But he is the #2 blocking TE in this draft in my opinion who can be a great compliment to the run game and to Brate.

5th Round: Buccaneers select Caroll Phillips OLB Illinois

Quote:
This may be an unrealistic spot for Phillips but I can see him still hanging around until the 5th round. Can add Depth to the SLB position or challenge Bond for the spot.

6th round: Buccaneers select Nate Hairston CB Temple

Quote:
Hairston is a converted WR to CB who has shown fluid hips and ability to tackle along with solid ball skills. He's a developmental player with upside to play nickel.

7th Round: Buccaneers select Josh Tupou DT Colorado

Quote:
Again, we've been looking at bigger DT's to fill the NT role. Tupou can add depth and competition in Camp.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realistic and fills needs. I can dig it.

Adopt-a-Buc Mike Evans 96 RECs 1,321 YDs 12 TDs
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:

I was seriously debating Jordan Willis and Budda Baker there at 26, but I think Harris is better long term and short term overall. I just think these D-Lineman from Mizzou are well coached and play nasty up front.
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work as always dude. I could definitely see it turning out like this next weekend.

I've not looked into this draft class as much as previous years. Do you see Hunt being an everydown, workhorse type back? From the limited film I've watched, I'm not so sure. Given the rumours going around, I wonder if we take Perine there to conplement Quizz/ Sims in the backfield.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

I was seriously debating Jordan Willis and Budda Baker there at 26, but I think Harris is better long term and short term overall. I just think these D-Lineman from Mizzou are well coached and play nasty up front.

Willis would be my preference but Harris works too. I don't think we could go wrong with any of them.

Adopt-a-Buc Mike Evans 96 RECs 1,321 YDs 12 TDs
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not familiar with Tedric Thompson but Harris, Hunt, and Godwin are great pick ups.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Charles Harris is going top 15. Not sure if he deserves it but Chargers or Saints....watch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: