You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Total Control Keeper League
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mountainpd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great.

The biggest thing for me is that quarterbacks are normally under valued in draft and prospects who have to sit would potentially become even less valued.

^^^Kempes^^^
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather do a "new team" rather than managing my favorite team. Once the real transactions come down its hard to care about my fake transactions

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
bcb1213

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One roadblock you're gonna have to consider is how to do the rookie draft order in the future. Someone could build a juggernaut here and have their real team be hot garbage and have the first selection
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bcb1213 wrote:
One roadblock you're gonna have to consider is how to do the rookie draft order in the future. Someone could build a juggernaut here and have their real team be hot garbage and have the first selection
We wouldn't use the real life draft order.

ny92jefferis wrote:
The general idea, would be to conduct the off season for this keeper in March, this would contain the free agency, trades, draft, etc. You’d fill your 90 man roster just as you always have with the Total Control Mocks. Then we wait, patiently wait until the IRL season is complete, this allows us to collect statistical data throughout the season. The following year, most likely early January to give you time to drop your 90 man roster down to 53 and to officially set your depth chart and offensive and defensive schemes.

Late January through February, we use statistical data, along with other information to project the season's scores for each game, this projection system will populate the Standings for the year, giving us bragging rights, but most importantly a draft order for the upcoming off season in March….rinse & repeat.

The projection system is something I used in the past to predict the spread many years ago. The system I created does a decent job of projecting the winner of the game but wasn’t consistent enough to accurately bet the spread, so it was shelved, however, I think it would be a great tool for something like this as the system is very accurate at projecting the outcome of a game, 70% or higher once I’ve got all 17 weeks of statistical data loaded.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
I'd rather do a "new team" rather than managing my favorite team. Once the real transactions come down its hard to care about my fake transactions

I'd rather do Kate Upton, but I'm stuck with the same old han solo

Thanks IDOG_det
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mountainpd wrote:
Sounds great.

The biggest thing for me is that quarterbacks are normally under valued in draft and prospects who have to sit would potentially become even less valued.

I think it would put more value on veterans, which is something these individual mocks are missing as we'll trade just about anyone for a draft pick.

I hear you though, just not sure how to make it right. If they are drafted high enough in real life, they'll likely end up on the field sooner rather than later, unless your veteran is eli manning.

Thanks IDOG_det
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bcb1213 wrote:

Agreed, I believe I've got something that will work but I've never tried it for this type of event so I'm not 100% sure how much tweaking I'll need to do to the system.

This is my main project to work on, as the free agency, draft stuff is pretty much sorted out already.

Thanks IDOG_det
squire12

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
bcb1213 wrote:

Agreed, I believe I've got something that will work but I've never tried it for this type of event so I'm not 100% sure how much tweaking I'll need to do to the system.

This is my main project to work on, as the free agency, draft stuff is pretty much sorted out already.

Mike, you could certainly test the "system" you have for the 2017 season and see how it does. Might even be able to test it for the 2018 season and then implement if fully for 2019.
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:
bcb1213 wrote:

Mike, you could certainly test the "system" you have for the 2017 season and see how it does. Might even be able to test it for the 2018 season and then implement if fully for 2019.

For sure, I'm basically having to rebuild it because it was only looking at team stats originally and not individual stats. So until I get that sorted, who knows changing it up to look at individual stats could screw the whole thing up or you could find me in vegas.

Thanks IDOG_det
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I support this idea.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, so this is a very basic workbook, but before spending weeks on this project I wanted to get your take on it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ov8cHfIcZX9450nUvdDhv68wkKPDw6_62nasWpQgwDs/edit?usp=sharing

In a nutshell _ I've pulled some stats (qb,rb, etc) which you'll see in the link above, I then run a correlation formula to that of the total number of wins to determine the players value.

I then group those values in the "grouping" tab to break the overall team ranking based on the individual player stats. What I've learned over the years is that teams typically will have similar scores when facing teams within certain groups.

In the "projection" sheet, I run some simple average and median formulas to get the projected scores also including home field advantage %.

Like I was saying this is a pretty basic set up but the other one will be much more in depth to fine tune the formula to get a more accurate projected score, at least that's the plan.

The workbook is locked down except for the ability to change the home and away teams.

Anyway, I know it isn't much to look at but before I spend countless hours on this project, I wanna know that you guys are gonna be cool with this system to determine draft order and standings. So please let me know what you think about it.

Thanks IDOG_det
sparky151

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give it a try as the Bengals.
Epochalypse

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need someone for the Redskins, I am game.
bcb1213

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take on my hapless Jets
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys do know this is for next year right...haha.

Thanks IDOG_det

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: