You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TJ Watt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treat88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know the actual diagnosis on the knee injuries? A cursory Google search didn't tell me much.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
Chieferific

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
Anyone know the actual diagnosis on the knee injuries? A cursory Google search didn't tell me much.

He talks about it one of the Steeler videos. I look for it...

*Actually it was video [b]43M[/b ]posted...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbOhIh2fUPk

He states he had patellar sublaxation in both knees which is basically a dislocation. Really not that big a deal unless the ligaments get stretched out and there's too much "slack" connecting the kneecap.

http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/knee-pain/tc/patellar-subluxation-topic-overview
treat88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the extent of the knee concerns stems from an isolated incident of patellar subluxation in each knee then there is no concern.

If he hasn't had a second event his risk of reinjury is only mildly elevated, if at all vs someone who had never suffered that injury.

There are no sequellae that would cause short term concerns such as degeneration or instability.

He may have issues when he's 65, but if that's all that's going on and the medical checks seem to verify that, then I have no knee related worries.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
armsteeld

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
If the extent of the knee concerns stems from an isolated incident of patellar subluxation in each knee then there is no concern.

If he hasn't had a second event his risk of reinjury is only mildly elevated, if at all vs someone who had never suffered that injury.

There are no sequellae that would cause short term concerns such as degeneration or instability.

He may have issues when he's 65, but if that's all that's going on and the medical checks seem to verify that, then I have no knee related worries.

Good to hear. I remember that you are a trainer or something similar. I asked Dr David Chao on Twitter and he said it's not good.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
3rivers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

injury concerns side, how do the experts here side on the pick with Watt in RD1? Who else would you rather have that was there on the board?
SMashMouthMike

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's a big deal if it accelerates the arthritic episodes and scar tissue issues. Also, I'd be worried about a torn patella tendon with more dislocations. I believe that ended Lloyd's career pretty much.

Thanks Lyasr 529
Chieferific

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The knee could be a big deal but isn't necessarily. If the tendon/ligaments get to far stretched out then the knee will continue to dislocate. There are surgeries that can correct this. Basically they go in and snip the ligament to make it shorter and reattach. I had it done on both ankles. It's a long recovery (season ending) if it ever came to that. But again, just because it happen once doesn't mean he's necessarily more susceptible to it again. But the more it happens, the more likely it is to happen again. Think about stretching a rubber band over and over and over again. It loses it's elasticity. That additional "slack" allows that knee to move or "dislocate".
warfelg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
The knee could be a big deal but isn't necessarily. If the tendon/ligaments get to far stretched out then the knee will continue to dislocate. There are surgeries that can correct this. Basically they go in and snip the ligament to make it shorter and reattach. I had it done on both ankles. It's a long recovery (season ending) if it ever came to that. But again, just because it happen once doesn't mean he's necessarily more susceptible to it again. But the more it happens, the more likely it is to happen again. Think about stretching a rubber band over and over and over again. It loses it's elasticity. That additional "slack" allows that knee to move or "dislocate".

Actually, my dog had this surgery. They clip the tendon if it's bad. If not they shave the bone on the patella and help it fit into the joint better. So they shave it and do microfracture at the same time to stimulate healing of the bone.

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warfelg wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

Actually, my dog had this surgery. They clip the tendon if it's bad. If not they shave the bone on the patella and help it fit into the joint better. So they shave it and do microfracture at the same time to stimulate healing of the bone.

Yes, sometimes. I'm not sure if that's what he had done. Micro fracture surgery has a bad reputation. It's actually quite amazing. Drilling those small holes stimulate cartilage growth which is helpful with stability and diminishes arthritis.
warfelg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
warfelg wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

Yes, sometimes. I'm not sure if that's what he had done. Micro fracture surgery has a bad reputation. It's actually quite amazing. Drilling those small holes stimulate cartilage growth which is helpful with stability and diminishes arthritis.

The bad rap is how long it takes to heal and what happens if it doesn't heal properly. A very rare occurrence.

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
treat88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
treat88 wrote:

Good to hear. I remember that you are a trainer or something similar. I asked Dr David Chao on Twitter and he said it's not good.

Do you have a link to his response.

Im a rehab doc.

armsteeld

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
treat88 wrote:

Im a rehab doc.

I'll search for it. BRB

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
armsteeld

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
treat88 wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
treat88 wrote:

Im a rehab doc.

I'll search for it. BRB

I couldn't find that Tweet but I resent him a question.

Magnus-Viktor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was no one I would've picked over him at #30. Waffles and I are of like mind there. Knee issues or not, it's irrelevant.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

enjoy...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiaGIRzX0gQ

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: