You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Thread 3: Draft day
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 19458
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: 2017 Draft Thread 3: Draft day Reply with quote

100 pages. We all know the drill.
_________________


Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 17055
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Draft Thread 3: Draft day Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
100 pages. We all know the drill.



By the title of this thread, are you suggesting the Browns should hire Kevin Costner so they make crazy trades and end up with the two players they wanted all along in the draft?!
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 19458
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Draft Thread 3: Draft day Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Forge wrote:
100 pages. We all know the drill.



By the title of this thread, are you suggesting the Browns should hire Kevin Costner so they make crazy trades and end up with the two players they wanted all along in the draft?!


They couldn't afford Kevin Costner, to be quite honest.
_________________


Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fureys49ers


Joined: 31 Mar 2015
Posts: 962
Location: Sacramento, CA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chad Reuter has a new 7 round mock, I'd actually be quite pleased with it, that'll probably put me in the minority.

1 - Mitchell Trubisky, QB
2 - Tre'Davious White, CB
3 - Justin Evans, FS/SS
4 - David Sharpe, OT
4 - Nico Siragusa, OG
5 - Chad Hansen, WR
5 - Jeremy Sprinkle, TE
6 - Chad Williams, WR
6 - Josh Carraway, LEO/SAM
7 - Aaron Jones, RB
_________________


Last edited by Fureys49ers on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 19458
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fureys49ers wrote:
Chad Reuter has a new 7 round mock, I'd actually be quite pleased with it, that'll probably put me in the minority.

1 - Mitchell Trubisky, QB
2 - Tre'Davious White, CB
3 - Justin Evans, FS/SS
4 - David Sharpe, OT
4 - Nico Siragusa, OG
5 - Chas Hansen, WR
5 - Jeremy Sprinkle, TE
6 - Chad Williams, WR
6 - Josh Carraway, LEO/SAM
7 - Aaron Jones, RB


There's only two picks I truly loathe - Trubisky and Evans. Sharpe is a little meh for me, but I love the back end of that draft.
_________________


Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AMG1713


Joined: 05 Mar 2013
Posts: 1827
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

super dream scenario that's like 90% unrealistic but rumors got my hopes up and its probably not the greatest idea anyway but i don't care because i'd do it:

trade our pick to the Browns for 1-12 and 2-33 + some other stuff

1-12 - Corey Davis - WR
2-33 - Dalvin Cook - RB
2-34 - Reuban Foster - LB

god dang thatd be sexy but would likely blow up in the team's face in the long run
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Knowledge


Joined: 01 Mar 2006
Posts: 1323
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMG1713 wrote:
super dream scenario that's like 90% unrealistic but rumors got my hopes up and its probably not the greatest idea anyway but i don't care because i'd do it:

trade our pick to the Browns for 1-12 and 2-33 + some other stuff

1-12 - Corey Davis - WR
2-33 - Dalvin Cook - RB
2-34 - Reuban Foster - LB

god dang thatd be sexy but would likely blow up in the team's face in the long run


I dont see the Niners trading back without getting a extra 1st round pick next year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NcFinest9erFan


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 5087
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that UNC QB Mitchell Trubisky is "still under serious consideration by the Browns at No. 1."
Talk of Trubisky to the Browns at No. 1 simply refuses to die. These rumblings kicked off in earnest on April 11, when ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that there were "split opinions" as to whether to select Myles Garrett -- viewed as close to a consensus No. 1 throughout the process -- or Trubisky. Earlier this week, CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora dumped even more fuel on this divided fire, passing along word that Hue Jackson and the Browns' coaching staff was "all in" on Garrett, but that the front office was leaning toward Trubisky. With the Cleveland Plain Dealer's fresh report that Trubisky remains in play for the Browns at No. 1, it is becoming increasingly difficult to just dismiss this as idle talk. We still ultimately think that Browns will take Garrett. One other note from Cabot's report -- she was told "don't be surprised" if the 49ers select Trubisky at


Not sure if this was posted in the other thread but here it is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 19458
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Quote:
Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that UNC QB Mitchell Trubisky is "still under serious consideration by the Browns at No. 1."
Talk of Trubisky to the Browns at No. 1 simply refuses to die. These rumblings kicked off in earnest on April 11, when ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that there were "split opinions" as to whether to select Myles Garrett -- viewed as close to a consensus No. 1 throughout the process -- or Trubisky. Earlier this week, CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora dumped even more fuel on this divided fire, passing along word that Hue Jackson and the Browns' coaching staff was "all in" on Garrett, but that the front office was leaning toward Trubisky. With the Cleveland Plain Dealer's fresh report that Trubisky remains in play for the Browns at No. 1, it is becoming increasingly difficult to just dismiss this as idle talk. We still ultimately think that Browns will take Garrett. One other note from Cabot's report -- she was told "don't be surprised" if the 49ers select Trubisky at


Not sure if this was posted in the other thread but here it is.


Still don't buy it. Cabot is notorious for being wrong, second, if they really wanted Trubisky that badly, they easily have the ammo to get number 2. I dare to say 12, 33, this years 4th and a second next year would get it done. I'd probably take that
_________________


Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fureys49ers


Joined: 31 Mar 2015
Posts: 962
Location: Sacramento, CA
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Quote:
Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that UNC QB Mitchell Trubisky is "still under serious consideration by the Browns at No. 1."
Talk of Trubisky to the Browns at No. 1 simply refuses to die. These rumblings kicked off in earnest on April 11, when ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that there were "split opinions" as to whether to select Myles Garrett -- viewed as close to a consensus No. 1 throughout the process -- or Trubisky. Earlier this week, CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora dumped even more fuel on this divided fire, passing along word that Hue Jackson and the Browns' coaching staff was "all in" on Garrett, but that the front office was leaning toward Trubisky. With the Cleveland Plain Dealer's fresh report that Trubisky remains in play for the Browns at No. 1, it is becoming increasingly difficult to just dismiss this as idle talk. We still ultimately think that Browns will take Garrett. One other note from Cabot's report -- she was told "don't be surprised" if the 49ers select Trubisky at


Not sure if this was posted in the other thread but here it is.


Still don't buy it. Cabot is notorious for being wrong, second, if they really wanted Trubisky that badly, they easily have the ammo to get number 2. I dare to say 12, 33, this years 4th and a second next year would get it done. I'd probably take that


I agree, I'm not sure if I'm buying it but maybe we are sending smoke signals other teams ways to encourage a trade up, for Trubisky or Fournette. Outside of Adams (even that's been just low key whispers of Lynch liking him) I have literally heard nothing linking us to any other thought to be top guys. Would easily take that trade in a heart beat Forge, wouldn't even have to throw in anything next year. Let us sit back and take our BPA at 12, give us back to back picks in the 2nd and an extra 4th and I'm smiling from ear to ear.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 45481
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supposedly we really like Watson. I think we could get him in the 2nd round or trade up in the 20s if need be.

Edit:

Quote:
Greg Gabriel‏ @greggabe
SF supposedly wants Watson, if Cleveland is actually dumb enough to take Trubisky at 1 then QB's could go 1,2. Would throw 1st totally off

_________________

El ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gore Whore 21


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 5322
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Supposedly we really like Watson. I think we could get him in the 2nd round or trade up in the 20s if need be.

Edit:

Quote:
Greg Gabriel‏ @greggabe
SF supposedly wants Watson, if Cleveland is actually dumb enough to take Trubisky at 1 then QB's could go 1,2. Would throw 1st totally off


If we are going to take a QB early I hope it is Watson, he's been my top QB from the beginning. I like Trubisky alright, but beyond that I hope we wait until the mid rounds and take a guy like Kaaya. I'm having a very hard time trying to figure out how these NFL team view these QBs I could see these guys going early in the 1st and could see them falling to round 2 as well.
_________________
saintsfan on the sig

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Melbourne 9er


Joined: 02 Apr 2007
Posts: 87
Location: Melbourne - Australia
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fureys49ers wrote:
Forge wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Quote:
Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that UNC QB Mitchell Trubisky is "still under serious consideration by the Browns at No. 1."
Talk of Trubisky to the Browns at No. 1 simply refuses to die. These rumblings kicked off in earnest on April 11, when ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that there were "split opinions" as to whether to select Myles Garrett -- viewed as close to a consensus No. 1 throughout the process -- or Trubisky. Earlier this week, CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora dumped even more fuel on this divided fire, passing along word that Hue Jackson and the Browns' coaching staff was "all in" on Garrett, but that the front office was leaning toward Trubisky. With the Cleveland Plain Dealer's fresh report that Trubisky remains in play for the Browns at No. 1, it is becoming increasingly difficult to just dismiss this as idle talk. We still ultimately think that Browns will take Garrett. One other note from Cabot's report -- she was told "don't be surprised" if the 49ers select Trubisky at


Not sure if this was posted in the other thread but here it is.


Still don't buy it. Cabot is notorious for being wrong, second, if they really wanted Trubisky that badly, they easily have the ammo to get number 2. I dare to say 12, 33, this years 4th and a second next year would get it done. I'd probably take that


I agree, I'm not sure if I'm buying it but maybe we are sending smoke signals other teams ways to encourage a trade up, for Trubisky or Fournette. Outside of Adams (even that's been just low key whispers of Lynch liking him) I have literally heard nothing linking us to any other thought to be top guys. Would easily take that trade in a heart beat Forge, wouldn't even have to throw in anything next year. Let us sit back and take our BPA at 12, give us back to back picks in the 2nd and an extra 4th and I'm smiling from ear to ear.


Totally agree. Plus the 2nd and 4th rounders are the first picks on Day 2 and Day 3. If we want picks in 2018 we would get more bites from these cherries than with the number 2 after all teams look at their boards at the end of each day. That's why I'm really hoping for the Cleveland trade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 19733
Location: El Dorado Hills
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read an article ranking nfl teams on the quality of their drafts over the past 5 years. 49ers came out 28th. Not much much of a surprise ... unless you were thinking we should be lower!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 43427
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fureys49ers wrote:
Chad Reuter has a new 7 round mock, I'd actually be quite pleased with it, that'll probably put me in the minority.

1 - Mitchell Trubisky, QB
2 - Tre'Davious White, CB
3 - Justin Evans, FS/SS
4 - David Sharpe, OT
4 - Nico Siragusa, OG
5 - Chad Hansen, WR
5 - Jeremy Sprinkle, TE
6 - Chad Williams, WR
6 - Josh Carraway, LEO/SAM
7 - Aaron Jones, RB


Some very nice picks in there.

I'd be very happy with Trubs and White to start out with. Hansen is fantastic value if still there in rd 5. Same for Carraway in 6. Jones is good in 7. Siragusa is good in 4. Sprinkle's fine in 5.

There are really no awful picks here.. though I am unsure of Sharpe's movement skill in the pros.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89  Next
Page 1 of 89

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group