You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins Draft day trades

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rgossett07

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Dolphins Draft day trades Reply with quote

The past few weeks I have been dreaming of a situation where Miami trades #22 overall to obtain another 2nd and 3rd round pick. Here is an articke for an interesting situation.

If QBs remain on the board at #22, I see SF, Cle, Houston and KC as possible suitors for that pick.

This article has Cle giving Mia #33 and #65 for #22. This would be awesome given the depth in this draft.

#33 Obi Melinfonwu
#54 Raekwon McMillian/Jarred Davis/Zach Cunningham
#65 Jordan Willis/Chidobe Awuze

Young defensive talent.

http://phinphanatic.com/2017/04/21/miami-dolphins-full-mock-draft/
bigmark76

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about trading for Sheldon Richardson

say if the jets are calling to acquire the 22nd pick, we swing a pick and Richardson from them. The jets have lost a bit of leverage when it comes to making this deal as they've said they are looking to deal him on multiple occasions. This seems like a tannebaum move. He should know him well although he didn't select him, he was involved in the draft process that led up to his selection.

Richardson is going into his 4th season and has a 5th year option giving us some flexibility with his contract. With Suh being 32 at the end of his contract it might be wise to grab a 26yr old player. Both of these players become free agents the same year (If the 5th year is exercised on Richardson) giving the dolphins 2 years to see what kind of person richardson is (if he fits the team) before making a hefty commitment and insures us in regards to Suh potentially asking for top dollar at 32yrs old.

In the mean time it helps our run defense tremendously, we don't have to hope Phillips becomes a high snap count guy and we can keep the guys fresh while rotating in phillips. He has played DT and DE giving us multiple ways we can configure our D-line given the situation.

Wake - Suh - Richardson - Branch

the off the field issues are a concern, but we can have him 2 years before giving him a contract to give us time to decide on him.
"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."- George Carlin
Lemmiwinks

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Dolphins Draft day trades Reply with quote

Rgossett07 wrote:
The past few weeks I have been dreaming of a situation where Miami trades #22 overall to obtain another 2nd and 3rd round pick. Here is an articke for an interesting situation.

If QBs remain on the board at #22, I see SF, Cle, Houston and KC as possible suitors for that pick.

This article has Cle giving Mia #33 and #65 for #22. This would be awesome given the depth in this draft.

#33 Obi Melinfonwu
#54 Raekwon McMillian/Jarred Davis/Zach Cunningham
#65 Jordan Willis/Chidobe Awuze

Young defensive talent.

http://phinphanatic.com/2017/04/21/miami-dolphins-full-mock-draft/

I think Davis Cunningham and Willis all go in the 1st or very early 2nd. So while grabbing all of those guys as you mocked would be amazing, it wouldn't happen.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigmark76 wrote:
what about trading for Sheldon Richardson

say if the jets are calling to acquire the 22nd pick, we swing a pick and Richardson from them. The jets have lost a bit of leverage when it comes to making this deal as they've said they are looking to deal him on multiple occasions. This seems like a tannebaum move. He should know him well although he didn't select him, he was involved in the draft process that led up to his selection.

Richardson is going into his 4th season and has a 5th year option giving us some flexibility with his contract. With Suh being 32 at the end of his contract it might be wise to grab a 26yr old player. Both of these players become free agents the same year (If the 5th year is exercised on Richardson) giving the dolphins 2 years to see what kind of person richardson is (if he fits the team) before making a hefty commitment and insures us in regards to Suh potentially asking for top dollar at 32yrs old.

In the mean time it helps our run defense tremendously, we don't have to hope Phillips becomes a high snap count guy and we can keep the guys fresh while rotating in phillips. He has played DT and DE giving us multiple ways we can configure our D-line given the situation.

Wake - Suh - Richardson - Branch

the off the field issues are a concern, but we can have him 2 years before giving him a contract to give us time to decide on him.

I dunno, inter-divisional trades rarely happen but it would be nice. Although, Jordan Phillips looked like he was emerging last season so I'm not sure DT is a big need anyway.

Nacho Simulation Football League

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: