Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The New 2017 NFL Draft thread Chargers edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you want the Chargers to Take At 7
Malik Hooker
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Jamaal Adams
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
Marshon Lattimore
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Jonathan Allen
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Other
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Trade Down
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

game3525

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
DingoLadd wrote:
Really couldn't have asked for a better draft, Fixing the o-line and adding Mike Williams was a nice addition. Still think we should've taken Hooker or Allen over Williams since they're both better players and prospects but after day 2 I can't complain.

Like I said in the main draft thread, it sounds like (guys I'm hearing this from are pretty dependable), Chargers have got a trade-in-principle agreed with the Jets to swap Franklin for Calvin Pryor. It's basically a salary-wash this season, but frees up cap next year.

Interesting.

Pryor isn't good, but he is still only 24 years....so maybe a change of scenery could help him.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

game3525 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
DingoLadd wrote:
Really couldn't have asked for a better draft, Fixing the o-line and adding Mike Williams was a nice addition. Still think we should've taken Hooker or Allen over Williams since they're both better players and prospects but after day 2 I can't complain.

Like I said in the main draft thread, it sounds like (guys I'm hearing this from are pretty dependable), Chargers have got a trade-in-principle agreed with the Jets to swap Franklin for Calvin Pryor. It's basically a salary-wash this season, but frees up cap next year.

Interesting.

Pryor isn't good, but he is still only 24 years....so maybe a change of scenery could help him.

You never know. If nothing else, it clears up cap-space for 2018 and switches a player who has been a relative failure and doesn't fit the new system for a "single-number bet on a spin of the roulette wheel."

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#GungHoForYounghoe

YOUNGHOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEE!

MathMan wrote:
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
#GungHoForYounghoe

YOUNGHOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEE!

Anything is better than Lambo.
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
DingoLadd wrote:

Interesting. What about Sheldon Richardson.
kyle21121

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what I'm pretty pleased with this draft overall.

I'd be in favour of that Pryor for Franklin trade just because it's a wash salary wise and he is still young so who knows.

Richardson would be amazing but I don't think NY would do that. They may do another deal and only if they are sick of him which they may be. He's not usually someone you trade away with all that talent especially considering you won't get quite the return you'd want.
Duffman57

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyle21121 wrote:

I'd be in favour of that Pryor for Franklin trade just because it's a wash salary wise and he is still young so who knows.

Richardson would be amazing but I don't think NY would do that. They may do another deal and only if they are sick of him which they may be. He's not usually someone you trade away with all that talent especially considering you won't get quite the return you'd want.

He told me that the chargers were really cautious about anything character related, and even the slightest thing seemed to scare them off, so Richardson was a no go, even just in discussion. They seem to like Pryor though.

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
kyle21121

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:

He told me that the chargers were really cautious about anything character related, and even the slightest thing seemed to scare them off, so Richardson was a no go, even just in discussion. They seem to like Pryor though.

That makes sense and I have no issues with that I'd personally be wary of bringing someone like him on the team anyway. I was sorta responding to Buckeye about a trade being unlikely unless the Jets were just done and willing to accept less. At a certain price point teams will think about it but I'm okay with high character guys only at this point.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chargerbuckeye wrote:
The LBC wrote:
DingoLadd wrote:

Interesting. What about Sheldon Richardson.

Highly doubt the team is going to take a chance on a guy that's one positive drug test from a year-long suspension. The fit would be good, but I don't blame them for seeing Richardson as being too risky to bet future draft capital on. If the Jets wanted to swap out Benjamin for him, maybe - but I can't speak (without looking... and I'm being lazy right now) to whether Benjamin's contract might not be an impetus that.

MathMan wrote:
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also... gentlemen (as I'm pretty sure there are no ladies about), you new South Korean UDFA kicker:

https://twitter.com/YounghoeKoo/status/804336388422438913

MathMan wrote:
kyle21121

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Also... gentlemen (as I'm pretty sure there are no ladies about), you new South Korean UDFA kicker:

That's insane. The novelty of Lambo hitting a game winning FG at GB and me saying they should call it's Lambo Field isn't happening anytime soon it's the most I was hoping for out of him. I hope he makes the team.
Neutral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:

simply hypnotic Surprised

Seriously wondering, though... they brought in competition for Lambo, but not Kaser?
kyle21121

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neutral wrote:
The LBC wrote:

Seriously wondering, though... they brought in competition for Lambo, but not Kaser?
yea that didn't occur to me right away but I'd much rather see him gone. He was flat out bad most of the time. Lambo was middle of the pack.
Duffman57

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyle21121 wrote:
Neutral wrote:
The LBC wrote:

yea that didn't occur to me right away but I'd much rather see him gone. He was flat out bad most of the time. Lambo was middle of the pack.

He had some bad games, but he also had some ridiculous games. The ST's coach also came out and said that he thought that Kaser was mishandled in his approach to the season and he got tired. I think he can still be really good, and he's shown full games of that to us at times, but consistency is key.

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
kyle21121

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:
Neutral wrote:
The LBC wrote:

He had some bad games, but he also had some ridiculous games. The ST's coach also came out and said that he thought that Kaser was mishandled in his approach to the season and he got tired. I think he can still be really good, and he's shown full games of that to us at times, but consistency is key.

I guess that didn't occur to me with a punter. He did have some good games I will give him that but he was inconsistent and made plenty of mistakes. He contributed to us losing some games and I guess I miss Scifres winning us games.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: