Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

One Week Away! | A Cadmus & CentralFC Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Most redeeming selection
Rivers
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Kupp
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Perine
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Humphrey
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
Myers
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Johnson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wilson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ebukam
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Biegel
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 17

CentralFC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: One Week Away! | A Cadmus & CentralFC Mock Reply with quote

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
Cadmus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is my screen name first? Heck, why is it even in the title? Laughing

Don't be fooled guys... Central did most of the work.

I like it. I'm not a big fan of Howard Wilson's 10 yard split, but I can manage based on where he was selected.

Very realistic IMO. Overall, I like what you did with the last 6-7 picks.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thought: The first round is a mess. 4 QB, 2 RB in the top 6, 1st OL at 20. I'd be surprised if 1 of those three things happen.

Second thought: That doesn't even matter because there are so many options at 29 for us we know we'll get someone we like and the rest of the draft is solid picks for us. Rivers, Kupp, Perine, Biegel, Myers, Johnson, Wilson would be a terrific draft for us, getting Humphrey as well would be some wizardry. All guys I have as strong targets for us as well.
MantyWrestler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I like Kupp, I just don't like the idea of a slow position receiver. I think we already have 2 others who would play where he would.

Like the draft and effort other than that.
RCobb18

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be thrilled if the draft turned out this way.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like Humphrey, Rivers, Perine... Not a fan of Kupp. Overall, would be very pleased with this.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
First thought: The first round is a mess. 4 QB, 2 RB in the top 6, 1st OL at 20. I'd be surprised if 1 of those three things happen.

To be fair, Central was pretty straightforward about wanting to do something unorthodox with the mock draft. He specifically told me that he didn't want a "cookie cutter" type draft that was ordinary and predictable.

As far as no OL before #20. I don't know... this class is clearly very weak and it wouldn't surprise me. I certainly wouldn't bet on any of them being drafted in the Top 15.
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy with Humphrey at #29, but I sure would be tempted to deal out of round one with that much talent still on the board. Watt in the mid to late 30's would be pretty sweet.

The trade down and out of round two looks pretty doable as well. The talent in that area of the draft all looks pretty comparable, so getting more bites at the apple would be appealing to Thompson.
vegas492

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best. Mock. I've. Seen.

Loved it. Format.

Loved the selections to GB. All of them. Kupp is the one I'm not as in love with, but overall I'm a fan. Personally I'd rather see Ju Ju or the kid from Tennessee, Malone. But I get where Kupp could fit.

Again, enjoyable read and thanks for the effort!
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
CentralFC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:

To be fair, Central was pretty straightforward about wanting to do something unorthodox with the mock draft. He specifically told me that he didn't want a "cookie cutter" type draft that was ordinary and predictable.

As far as no OL before #20. I don't know... this class is clearly very weak and it wouldn't surprise me. I certainly wouldn't bet on any of them being drafted in the Top 15.

Thanks.

As for the QB comment, we can pretty much pencil in at least Trubisky and Mahomes. Then you have your minimum one quarterback who gets overdrafted because he's a quarterback. My guess is that's Webb. Watson might be a dark horse for the first round but there's a lot there to love; that fifth-year option looms large, too. So while 4 quarterbacks might be a reach, 3 really isn't.

Two running backs in the top-6/8 would not surprise me one bit, especially the nature of Fournette and all the versatility McCaffery brings. They're both special.

I guess you're splitting hairs when it comes to the first OL of the board at #20 or #17/18. Point is, there isn't one worth taking in the top-15, and if it's done, it might be a slight reach and push better players down the board.

Cadmus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:

Thanks.

As for the QB comment, we can pretty much pencil in at least Trubisky and Mahomes. Then you have your minimum one quarterback who gets overdrafted because he's a quarterback. My guess is that's Webb. Watson might be a dark horse for the first round but there's a lot there to love; that fifth-year option looms large, too. So while 4 quarterbacks might be a reach, 3 really isn't.

Two running backs in the top-6/8 would not surprise me one bit, especially the nature of Fournette and all the versatility McCaffery brings. They're both special.

I guess you're splitting hairs when it comes to the first OL of the board at #20 or #17/18. Point is, there isn't one worth taking in the top-15, and if it's done, it might be a slight reach and push better players down the board.

Can't tell if sarcasm or not. Laughing

FWIW, I liked the unorthodox approach. It made the board a helluva lot more interesting.

Last edited by Cadmus on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
CentralFC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegas492 wrote:
Best. Mock. I've. Seen.

Loved it. Format.

Loved the selections to GB. All of them. Kupp is the one I'm not as in love with, but overall I'm a fan. Personally I'd rather see Ju Ju or the kid from Tennessee, Malone. But I get where Kupp could fit.

Again, enjoyable read and thanks for the effort!

Thanks very much Vegas!

Kupp I traded in for the Michigan kid (Amara Darboh/4.45 40, 6-2, 215). I think Kupp fits the Packer profile. I'm not saying I wouldn't prefer a Ju Ju on the perimeter, or that that kind of player wouldn't succeed here. I just see Kupp as the pick and the 4.65 40 speed concerns kind of overblown. He's probably a high 4.5 guy and that's enough in this offense. And he comes out polished and has superb football character (like Biegel and the other E. Washington kid). There's a bit of a theme in these picks. I tried to make it as Packer-centric as possible.

CentralFC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:

Thanks.

Can't tell if sarcasm or not. Laughing

No, but I'll make sure I start using exclamation points when I use my please and thank you(!).

Cadmus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:

No, but I'll make sure I start using exclamation points when I use my please and thank you(!).

Sounds good.

That was a fun exercise, thanks for including me Central.

I wonder who voted for Myers in the poll? Very Happy
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously Im using total hindsight in this scenario but man a lot of good guys in round 1 to choose from and then total crap in round 2. Laughing

I'd rather trade down into the 2nd, still end up with Wilson, Melinfonwu or Witherspoon and move up to get someone like Lawson.

Hope the 2nd round has a better board than that for us, but I like what you did with what was available!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: