FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

Rams 2017 Schedule
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctp2124

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
How can some people say the schedule is not that hard or that this is the easiest schedule we've had in years? Every year there's seemingly a team or a couple of teams that really surprise and there are teams that people expect to be great and they disappoint.

Like last year, if you had the Panthers on your schedule you might have been thinking, "Dang, they just came off that SB loss, we'll probably lose that game." But in reality, the Panthers were terrible last year and only won 6 games.

Because people are basing it off last year which isn't that ridiculous to do. Plus the division is down. Seattle is still really good but Arizona and especially San Fran has taken a step back as opposed to previous years. We also play the AFC South which appears to be on the rise but until teams like Jacksonville/Ten take that next step I will see those as at least very winnable games. Not saying we will take advantage and that we will be better but it seems like every year we have a brutal 6-7 game stretch. I don't see that as much this year.

Props to mike23md

YAWK YAWK YAWK YaWK
iRaMs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think predicting this early is kind of pointless for myself. We don't know how the offense is going to be at all. Which is going to key for this teams success.

jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLaurinaitis_55 wrote:
6. You really think if Goff pans out well that we'll win 11 games? I mean I'd like to think so. I can't see us going better than plus .500 until I see it. But really I think going 6-10 to 8-8 is very optimistic and not pessimistic at all .. its an improvement considering what we have

Yes. The defense and special teams will be quality or better. Phillips's and Fassel's track records speak volumes. Go look at Phillips's first year with a new team over his career. Look at how many times his defense finished in the bottom half of the league vs. the top 10. If Goff pans out well, we'll have an average (at worst) offense with a quality defense and special teams. That will result in wins.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
JLaurinaitis_55 wrote:
6. You really think if Goff pans out well that we'll win 11 games? I mean I'd like to think so. I can't see us going better than plus .500 until I see it. But really I think going 6-10 to 8-8 is very optimistic and not pessimistic at all .. its an improvement considering what we have

Yes. The defense and special teams will be quality or better. Phillips's and Fassel's track records speak volumes. Go look at Phillips's first year with a new team over his career. Look at how many times his defense finished in the bottom half of the league vs. the top 10. If Goff pans out well, we'll have an average (at worst) offense with a quality defense and special teams. That will result in wins.

We've been saying this for years! Average QB play and we win 10 games.

Reality is we're not close to sniffing the playoffs. The o line has to be better. Just plain and simple. We couldn't run the ball or hold up in pass pro. IF the o line shapes up the way they hope we will be fine and see an improvement. IF that's the case I see us winning 7 games.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boboso20 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
JLaurinaitis_55 wrote:

We've been saying this for years! Average QB play and we win 10 games.

Reality is we're not close to sniffing the playoffs. The o line has to be better. Just plain and simple. We couldn't run the ball or hold up in pass pro. IF the o line shapes up the way they hope we will be fine and see an improvement. IF that's the case I see us winning 7 games.

Yes, we have been saying that for years while we were starting career backups at QB with incompetent OCs and a lackluster at best offensive coaching staff.

This isn't the same coaching staff. We have the best DC in football, a top 3 special teams coach in football, and an offensive coaching staff stacked with talent (including a top 5 OL Coach in the game). We added a proven commodity to the OL in Whitworth (who gives us real veteran leadership).

I don't really care what people predict prior to the draft. I don't care what people predict after the draft. I will have no predictions to make until I see this team play football. But people need to stop pretending this is the same team and coaching staff from last year.

McVay may not pan out as a HC. That remains to be seen. But nobody can doubt that he's set himself up for success with the staff around him. And if McVay is as brilliant as many people seem to think, this team is fully capable of having success this year (depending on the draft).

We're not a garbage team. We were an average to below average team last year prior to the team quitting. That was with Fisher's ineptitude and bad choices in staff handcuffing our offense.

It's like y'all forgot what happened already. We were 4-6 prior to the Saints game (and the total meltdown due to the team quitting that followed). We blew four of those games in the 4th quarter. We weren't some garbage team. We were a couple fourth quarter meltdowns away from being in the playoff race.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: