You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams 2017 Schedule
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLaurinaitis_55 wrote:
Tano wrote:
JLaurinaitis_55 wrote:
Considering if we have no MAJOR injuries

1: vIND
2: vWAS
3: aSF
4: aDAL
5: vSEA
6: aJAX
7: vARI
8: bye
9: aNYG
10: vHOU
11: aMIN
12: vNO
13: aARI
14: vPHI
15: aSEA
16: aTEN
17: vSF

I am thinking those bolded are winnable games. I think we will get out of the first 2 weeks 1-1. I don't think we lose both. But I think we at least win those. As for Seattle we always play them well. Any other games you think?

OMG - the Pessimisn in this forum

I am seeing the following possible wins

A couple of those may turn out to be losses but I can easily see us going 8 - 8 maybe even 9-7 if everything goes well

This is the best schedule we've had in years.

Ok how on earth is 6-10 pessimistic. Have you been following the RAMS this past decade? I am sorry but it is hard to have super optimism with this team when the last time this team had any season above .500 was way back in ole 2003. What happened in 2003?
* Preist Holmes led the league in touchdowns
* Jamal Lewis ran for over 2,000 yards
* Peyton Manning and Steve McNair were co MVPs
* Anquan Boldin was OROY

Just to name a few.. a couple years after 2003 we went 8-8 and that was it.. so sorry if you think that we are going to not go any better than 6-10 is pessimistic. In fact I think 6-10 or 7-9 is realistic and optimistic considering our circumstances.
- New head coach
- An O-line that has improved but not even a top 15 o-line
- We still have no #1 WR and if its a rookie I don't see anything spectacular considering we have no 1st round pick
- Our QB is winless
- Defense is shifting to new type of defense..

Now don't get me wrong, I love what McVay is doing but its hard to think we are suddenly a plus .500 team because of a few acquisitions and a new coaching staff. Plus we dont know what we have in Goff.. who freaking knows.... even if Goff is the next coming of Brady or Manning and our defense adjusts to the new scheme AND we have NO injuries.. I still don't see us doing better than 9-7 ... MAAAYBE MAYBE 10-6.

Sorry. .rant over

Applause

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we jump anyone who says 8-8?

Those words have left their mark!
So a legit butt whooping would justify that remark..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLaurinaitis_55 wrote:
Tano wrote:
JLaurinaitis_55 wrote:

I am thinking those bolded are winnable games. I think we will get out of the first 2 weeks 1-1. I don't think we lose both. But I think we at least win those. As for Seattle we always play them well. Any other games you think?

A couple of those may turn out to be losses but I can easily see us going 8 - 8 maybe even 9-7 if everything goes well

Ok how on earth is 6-10 pessimistic. Have you been following the RAMS this past decade? I am sorry but it is hard to have super optimism with this team when the last time this team had any season above .500 was way back in ole 2003. What happened in 2003?
* Anquan Boldin was OROY

Just to name a few.. a couple years after 2003 we went 8-8 and that was it.. so sorry if you think that we are going to not go any better than 6-10 is pessimistic. In fact I think 6-10 or 7-9 is realistic and optimistic considering our circumstances.
- New head coach
- We still have no #1 WR and if its a rookie I don't see anything spectacular considering we have no 1st round pick
- Our QB is winless

Now don't get me wrong, I love what McVay is doing but its hard to think we are suddenly a plus .500 team because of a few acquisitions and a new coaching staff. Plus we dont know what we have in Goff.. who freaking knows.... even if Goff is the next coming of Brady or Manning and our defense adjusts to the new scheme AND we have NO injuries.. I still don't see us doing better than 9-7 ... MAAAYBE MAYBE 10-6.

Sorry. .rant over

There are a few things here to unpack:
1. I'm not sure why we're even trying to make predictions before the draft. It doesn't make much sense.
2. It's a new coaching staff. None of us know what to expect.
3. The Rams' distant history isn't relevant to what's happening now.
4. Whether what you said was pessimistic or not depends on how you interpret it. One could interpret you claiming those are the "winnable games" as you saying those are the only games you think the Rams CAN win. One could also interpret as you saying those are the only games you think the Rams LIKELY win. If you interpret it as the former, I could see a person considering it pessimism.
5. Not knowing what we have in Goff seems like more of a reason to be optimistic to me. JMO.
6. If Goff is the second coming of Manning or Brady, we'll win 11-12 games with ease. If Goff is even the second coming of Matt Ryan or Philip Rivers, we'll win 10+ games. Wade Phillips's track record speaks volumes. The defense will be, at worst, competent. We all know the special teams will be top notch. If Goff is a quality starting QB, it'll be a very good season for us.(especially because I still believe Gurley is a quality HB)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let me get this straight, someone basically said since the Rams don't have a 1st round pick, the rookie player the Rams won't be spectacular?

I don't know if you noticed but the best rookie receiver last season was Michael Thomas of the Saints and guess what? He wasn't drafted in the 1st round. Guys like Alshon Jeffery, DeSean Jackson, and Jordy Nelson all wasn't drafted in the 1st round and they all made instant impacts.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stl4life07 wrote:
So let me get this straight, someone basically said since the Rams don't have a 1st round pick, the rookie player the Rams won't be spectacular?

I don't know if you noticed but the best rookie receiver last season was Michael Thomas of the Saints and guess what? He wasn't drafted in the 1st round. Guys like Alshon Jeffery, DeSean Jackson, and Jordy Nelson all wasn't drafted in the 1st round and they all made instant impacts.

Nelson and Jeffery didn't make instant impacts. But you could sub other players in for them. Regardless, it's more the exception than the rule. That all said, there are a handful of guys who will be available at WR in the second round who should be able to make an instant impact.

They may not be 1000+ yard and 10+ TD guys, but they should offer us a solid to good option behinds Woods and Austin if Cooper, Higbee, Thomas, or Spruce don't step up.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
stl4life07 wrote:

Nelson and Jeffery didn't make instant impacts. But you could sub other players in for them. Regardless, it's more the exception than the rule. That all said, there are a handful of guys who will be available at WR in the second round who should be able to make an instant impact.

They may not be 1000+ yard and 10+ TD guys, but they should offer us a solid to good option behinds Woods and Austin if Cooper, Higbee, Thomas, or Spruce don't step up.

Ok I'll give you Nelson because it took him 4 to 5 seasons to start producing at a high level but Jeffery did it in his second season. To me that's instant impact. Besides I just look at the Rams to have multiple guys that could do damage and not just one. The Redskins had Thompson, Crowder, Jackson, Garçon, Reed, and Davis all doing damage on offense in the passing game. Their running game was ok at best. They just had a back who kept getting positive yards.

The Rams have Gurley who is a much better pass catcher than anyone gives him credit for, if Dunbar can stay healthy he will be a threat as a pass catcher, Higbee and Cooper just as pure talent should be effective in McVay offense. We still don't fully know how good Tavon can be if he is placed in a creative offensive system. Woods potential should show now that he is away from Rex Ryan running system in Buffalo and then whomever the Rams draft which I'm assuming it's either Engram, JuJu, Jones, or Kupp. Maybe they could get lucky and get a combo of Engram and either JuJu/Jones/Kupp or JuJu/Jones/Kupp and Everett in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Either way that's more potential weapons for Goff to throw too and McVay to use and fit into his system.

So I have no doubt the Rams don't or will not have the talent/potential on offense it's more so of McVay bringing his system to the Rams and how fast and well does the players pick it up and the chemistry with the system from the players.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all good, just read other teams forums. We'll go 0-16 some say maybe 1-15 a few Niner fans think we may get 1 from them so #1 pick next year incoming guys.
stl4life07

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
It's all good, just read other teams forums. We'll go 0-16 some say maybe 1-15 a few Niner fans think we may get 1 from them so #1 pick next year incoming guys.

That's because not really many people know who McVay is and how his offense/impact will be on Goff and the Rams. Reminds me of 2006 when the Saints signed Brees and Payton. Everyone knew Brees injured his shoulder badly and most probably thought he was now damaged goods and nobody knew who Payton was coming from Dallas. The Saints that 2006 season with a veteran Horn, rookie 7th round pick Colston, rookie 2nd overall pick Bush, and veteran McAllister went 10-6 and was a top 10 offense instantly. From there Brees and Payton meshed well together despite not always having a good oline or defense, changing parts on offense as well. We know the Saints offenses constantly is top 10 and they have a shot every year to at least make the playoffs because of Brees and Payton coming together with the Saints. Not many people could've predicted those two changing the culture of the historically bad Saints franchise right in their first season with the team because again nobody knew who Payton was and question marks around Brees and his shoulder.

That's why I say I can't see how anyone can truly make a win/loss prediction about the Rams unless they know the impact McVay will have Goff and the Rams offense. I think people know the Rams defense is in good hands with Phillips. At worst they will be average because just like the Broncos defense had Ware, Miller, Ray, Talib, Harris on defense and they were top 10, the Rams have Donald, Brockers, Quinn, Barwin, Ogletree, Johnson, Joyner and again has the talent to turn the Rams into a top 10 defense.
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is everyone getting so butt-hurt? 6-10 is a very reasonable outcome with this schedule. This organization has gone something like 31-100 over the past 8 years. And that's absolutely relevant, this team has no clue how to close out games.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
Why is everyone getting so butt-hurt? 6-10 is a very reasonable outcome with this schedule. This organization has gone something like 31-100 over the past 8 years. And that's absolutely relevant, this team has no clue how to close out games.

Who's [inappropriate/removed]? I did some research and it shows me we'll have the #1 pick next year and I'm celebrating that!

In reality it's always funny people predicting wins in September through December before the draft and camp has even happened. We can say 1 or 6 or 10 wins but nobody knows. Some people are shaded by the past and can't get over it. Some people are hopeless optimists. If either proves to be right in the long run there was no knowledge in that it's just a lucky guess at this point.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if you guys have seen this yet. It's an inside look at the Rams getting their schedule:

Los Angeles Rams‏Verified account @RamsNFL
Inside the Call 📞: How the #Rams found out about the 2017 @NFL​ schedule

https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/855253478360350724
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can some people say the schedule is not that hard or that this is the easiest schedule we've had in years? Every year there's seemingly a team or a couple of teams that really surprise and there are teams that people expect to be great and they disappoint.

Like last year, if you had the Panthers on your schedule you might have been thinking, "Dang, they just came off that SB loss, we'll probably lose that game." But in reality, the Panthers were terrible last year and only won 6 games.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
JLaurinaitis_55 wrote:
Tano wrote:
JLaurinaitis_55 wrote:

* Anquan Boldin was OROY

- New head coach
- Our QB is winless

Sorry. .rant over

There are a few things here to unpack:
1. I'm not sure why we're even trying to make predictions before the draft. It doesn't make much sense.
2. It's a new coaching staff. None of us know what to expect.
3. The Rams' distant history isn't relevant to what's happening now.
4. Whether what you said was pessimistic or not depends on how you interpret it. One could interpret you claiming those are the "winnable games" as you saying those are the only games you think the Rams CAN win. One could also interpret as you saying those are the only games you think the Rams LIKELY win. If you interpret it as the former, I could see a person considering it pessimism.
5. Not knowing what we have in Goff seems like more of a reason to be optimistic to me. JMO.
6. If Goff is the second coming of Manning or Brady, we'll win 11-12 games with ease. If Goff is even the second coming of Matt Ryan or Philip Rivers, we'll win 10+ games. Wade Phillips's track record speaks volumes. The defense will be, at worst, competent. We all know the special teams will be top notch. If Goff is a quality starting QB, it'll be a very good season for us.(especially because I still believe Gurley is a quality HB)

1. Because I'm bored and the schedule came out and with what we have I saw us winning those games
2. Agreed
3. It is relevant, its hard to have faith in a team that hasn't had a plus .500 season in 14 years and 4 different head coaches.. so yes who knows with the current staff but its still hard to think we'll have a winning season
4. Those games I bolded are games that I see us winning with the current roster, Idk about the draft. We were 4-12 last year and with our improvements I can see us winning a couple more games. To say us NOT going 8-8 or better is pessimistic is not fair.. it just doesn't seem realistic. No need to say everyone here is pessimistic when history shows we can't ever win
5. I agree.. who knows what we have with him, I'm optimistic but weary
6. You really think if Goff pans out well that we'll win 11 games? I mean I'd like to think so. I can't see us going better than plus .500 until I see it. But really I think going 6-10 to 8-8 is very optimistic and not pessimistic at all .. its an improvement considering what we have

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason I have hope is because last year we could easily have won 4

games if Fisher AND Williams knew how to close games out.

We should have won the Lions, Miami, San Francisco at home, Buffalo games.

That prevent a win defense lost us Miami and San Francisco.

We could easily have won the Carolina and Giants game if we had even a semblance of an offense.

Knowing what I "THINK" I know about the new coaching staff and the players we have gotten rid of and obtained, I can see us going 8 and 8, maybe even 9 wins.

I know it is a crapshoot at this point in time but dang it - it has been 13 years since we had a winning record and WE ARE DUE.

I have been a Ram fan since 1972 and I have been thru both the ups and downs.

I am going full optimism this year so anyone not with me is a dang pessimist in my book (okay okay - maybe realist but I really am tired of the pessimism in this forum - deserved or not - okay mostly deserved).

You can call me on it if we go 6 and 10 but I am sticking with the optimism.
stl4life07

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tano wrote:
The reason I have hope is because last year we could easily have won 4

games if Fisher AND Williams knew how to close games out.

We should have won the Lions, Miami, San Francisco at home, Buffalo games.

That prevent a win defense lost us Miami and San Francisco.

We could easily have won the Carolina and Giants game if we had even a semblance of an offense.

Knowing what I "THINK" I know about the new coaching staff and the players we have gotten rid of and obtained, I can see us going 8 and 8, maybe even 9 wins.

I know it is a crapshoot at this point in time but dang it - it has been 13 years since we had a winning record and WE ARE DUE.

I have been a Ram fan since 1972 and I have been thru both the ups and downs.

I am going full optimism this year so anyone not with me is a dang pessimist in my book (okay okay - maybe realist but I really am tired of the pessimism in this forum - deserved or not - okay mostly deserved).

You can call me on it if we go 6 and 10 but I am sticking with the optimism.

Yeah I totally forgot about the Lions game that the Rams had a shot to win. You forgot about the Giants game in London where the Rams blew a 10pt lead and had a shot at the end before that miscommunication from Keenum to Quick who both are not even on the Rams roster anymore. So yeah despite the Rams only winning 4 games, they have over a handful of games they couldve won had it not been for the conservative and horrible game situations Fisher was calling. Plus the offense didnt have a sense of direction other than run up the middle with Gurley. I think with McVay the Rams will have a fresh outlook on offense. The defense will be upgraded with Phillips. Williams wasnt terrible but I felt like consistency wasnt there with him calling the shots along with Fisher obviously getting in the way. McVay will let Phillips call the shots and not get in his way on the defensive side of the ball. I think it will overall benefit the Rams.

A beat writer for the Rams predicted the Rams to win eight games this upcoming season. Again the thing he points out is the unknown because of the new coaching staff and new schemes. Anyone who knows for a fact the Rams will be bad without seeing how they look under the new coaching staff is definitely looking at history. I totally understand those who are setting the bar low but again, when I dont know how the Rams even look under the new coaching staff or even who they will draft just yet, its hard to set any expectations just yet.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: