Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams 2017 Schedule
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Rams 2017 Schedule Reply with quote

1: vIND
2: vWAS
3: aSF
4: aDAL
5: vSEA
6: aJAX
7: vARI
8: bye
9: aNYG
10: vHOU
11: aMIN
12: vNO
13: aARI
14: vPHI
15: aSEA
16: aTEN
17: vSF

November is absolutely brutal.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got a pretty good shot to finish 4-12. Maybe even win 6 games if every break goes our way.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is roughhhh

holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seeing 6-10

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hold to judgement until after the draft and see how we look in the preseason.

My thinking is we have no idea how this team will be under a new coach who clearly has a vision on offense. What the Rams were under Fisher shouldn't be carried over into this upcoming season. Last season the Rams could've easily won 8 or 9 games but a no show in week 1 at Niners blew two 14pt 4th quarter leads at home against the Dolphins and Niners , blew a 10pt lead in London against the Giants and had a shot against the Bills in Buffalo but again Fisher inability to handle an offense and critical game situations hurt.

When the draft ends, if the Rams draft a legit playmaker or two on offense and we see growth from Goff under McVay just as we saw Cousins last season with McVay, then the Rams can be way more successful this season. Gurley will bounce back, the Rams already have a top 10 LT in Whitworth, Woods and Tavon and Higbee will all be better just because of the offensive scheme being better AND on defense I trust Phillips more than I did Williams. I think the defense will produce more takeaways under Phillips.

Again, I'll wait till after the draft and see how the Rams look in the preseason before I make my official prediction but this Rams team will be better just because Fisher is gone.
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stl4life07 wrote:

My thinking is we have no idea how this team will be under a new coach who clearly has a vision on offense. What the Rams were under Fisher shouldn't be carried over into this upcoming season. Last season the Rams could've easily won 8 games but a no show in week 1 at Niners blew two 14pt. leads at home against the Dolphins and Niners and had a shot against the Bills in Buffalo but again Fisher inability to handle an offense and critical game situations hurt.

When the draft ends, if the Rams draft a legit playmaker or two on offense and we see growth from Goff under McVay just as we saw Cousins last season with McVay, then the Rams can be way more successful this season. Gurley will bounce back, the Rams already have a top 10 LT in Whitworth, Woods and Tavon and Higbee will all be better just because of the offensive scheme being better AND on defense I trust Phillips more than I did Williams. I think the defense will produce more takeaways under Phillips.

Again, I'll wait till after the draft and see how the Rams look in the preseason before I make my official prediction but this Rams team will be better just because Fisher is gone.

Poor kid Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
stl4life07 wrote:

My thinking is we have no idea how this team will be under a new coach who clearly has a vision on offense. What the Rams were under Fisher shouldn't be carried over into this upcoming season. Last season the Rams could've easily won 8 games but a no show in week 1 at Niners blew two 14pt. leads at home against the Dolphins and Niners and had a shot against the Bills in Buffalo but again Fisher inability to handle an offense and critical game situations hurt.

Poor kid Laughing

So what was so funny about what he said. Alot of what he said made alot of sense. Nobody knows how the Rams are going to look into we have had our draft, and see in preseason how our team will look on the field. Our offense and defense should technically both get better, especially with better coaching and game management.

DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
I'm seeing 6-10

Im with you. Thats the most likely outcome how I see it, but who knows.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
stl4life07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamsFan24 wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
stl4life07 wrote:

Poor kid Laughing

So what was so funny about what he said. Alot of what he said made alot of sense. Nobody knows how the Rams are going to look into we have had our draft, and see in preseason how our team will look on the field. Our offense and defense should technically both get better, especially with better coaching and game management.

Exactly. I'm glad someone gets it.
JLaurinaitis_55

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering if we have no MAJOR injuries

I am thinking those bolded are winnable games. I think we will get out of the first 2 weeks 1-1. I don't think we lose both. But I think we at least win those. As for Seattle we always play them well. Any other games you think?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisher is no longer in charge. I'm not going to make assumptions until I see this team play in the preseason. We all know that the defense will be competent at worst under Wade Phillips. We all know that the special teams will be top tier under Fassel. Thus, it'll all come down to what McVay can do on offense.

I'm not throwing in the towel on him that early. Personally, I like that our schedule is weaker early in the year. It might allow us to gain some early momentum and ride it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Fisher is no longer in charge. I'm not going to make assumptions until I see this team play in the preseason. We all know that the defense will be competent at worst under Wade Phillips. We all know that the special teams will be top tier under Fassel. Thus, it'll all come down to what McVay can do on offense.

I'm not throwing in the towel on him that early. Personally, I like that our schedule is weaker early in the year. It might allow us to gain some early momentum and ride it.

I totally agree, can't wait to see!

Tano

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLaurinaitis_55 wrote:
Considering if we have no MAJOR injuries

I am thinking those bolded are winnable games. I think we will get out of the first 2 weeks 1-1. I don't think we lose both. But I think we at least win those. As for Seattle we always play them well. Any other games you think?

OMG - the Pessimisn in this forum

I am seeing the following possible wins

1: vIND win
2: vWAS win
3: aSF win
5: vSEA win
6: Ajax win
10: vHOU win
11:[aMIN win
14: vPHI win
16: aTEN win
17: vSF win

A couple of those may turn out to be losses but I can easily see us going 8 - 8 maybe even 9-7 if everything goes well

This is the best schedule we've had in years.
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to make predictions with a whole new look coming into this year. Every team changes year to year so team strengths are just a guess at this point. I can see an 8-8 season from this, though...BUT that's dependent on how well Goff does. Which brings to question......if Goff ends up being a Goof again and has another bad season. We end up drafting in the top 10 next year do YOU draft another QB (with how deep it'll be next year)?
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have two rough stretches. The first is @Jacksonville (not necessarily a tough game just the start of a bad travel stretch), then we go to London for the Cardinals. That's two weeks our young team will be on the road. We come out of the bye after London and travel back to the east coast and New York. Follow that with home to Houston and @Minnesota. Tough little stretch with a lot of travel in that 6 or 7 weeks.

I'm not as pessimistic as most of you but I'm gonna wait and see what we have coming out of the draft and how we look in the preseason.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: