Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FAME'S 2017 NFL MOCK DRAFT - Palantíri version
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfhunt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

famousj wrote:
The OUTLAW wrote:
Browns trade makes no sense whatsoever

When the Browns trade up to get Trubisky then you feel worse than me giving them Jamal Adams.

Keep dreaming...they passed on Wentz who is a lot better prospect than Trubisky and Kessler did more with less talent....Trub is nothing more than a massive smoke screen.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 27 Kansas City Chiefs – LB Derek Barnett, Tennessee

*TRADE* Jets trade #39 to Chiefs for #59, #91, #104

2 39 Kansas City Chiefs via NYJ - QB Pat Mahomes, Texas Tech

4 132 Kansas City Chiefs – CB Howard Wilson, Houston

Barnett is great value. No problem since there isn't a good QB.
The trade is unbalanced. #59, #91 and #130 is a lot closer
Mahomes at #39 is OK. I would rather have Webb.
Wilson is a no-go. Either of the next two picks is much better.

J

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to complain, third round is good with a DT and LB. two potential day one contributors.

Round two is okay, addressing OL helps but I'd rather have Moton to fill the void at RG.

I think Will Holden in round four would be better than the TE pick, I could see MN valuing Holden highly as a potential replacement to Reiff or Remmers at T.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
Falcons would go Watt or Rivers or Willis over Takk at 31. I know FF13 loves Takk, but the team seems to be focused in on Willis over anyone else right now.

LOL thats what scar thinks but he doesn't know anymore than i do about what the team really wants. None of us do until the draft and we could end up taking a CB or TE which i would hate but none of us know.

We have shown enough interest in all these guys at edge rusher to make it believable that any of them could be drafted so at that point as fans we just say which we would prefer i these mock drafts.

Scar likes Willis in the 1st for some reason while i like Taco and Takk in the 1st.

As for the draft itself i think it's fantastic top to bottom i like every pick.

Takk, Feeney, Maye, and Hendrickson is an amazing group of guys for us that cover our scheme greatly and provides upgrades and talent across the board plus really good value on each guy imo.

Sprinkle in the 5th isn't a bad choice either we can use TE depth after hitting our big needs. Maybe a power RB or OLB in the 7th i think we are set.

Except that I do have a good idea. Unlike you, I do speak with scouts and agents and there's a massive interest in the faster guys. And a guy like Takk doesn't fit the Falcons athleticism standards (see his athletic testing that was awful at 3-cone and shuttle) Falcons don't draft EDGES unless they have sub 7.2 3-cones. Takk is at 7.55.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on a very Steeler like draft. I would not be happy with it but I could see it happening.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk about rolling the dice... Malik McDowell and Sheldon Richardson on the same team? Would be entertaining if nothing else.
Lasus83

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
carolina isn't drafting cam robinson. at least not at 8.

+1

And a silly, un-researched, pick too.

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
famousj

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasus83 wrote:
Zithers wrote:
carolina isn't drafting cam robinson. at least not at 8.

+1

And a silly, un-researched, pick too.

There are always a few WTF picks in the draft. Carolina is just the first one who may think they can't trade down or get a better LT option with their second round pick. The Panthers are reported to have brought in Robinson for a private visit. We'll see come draft day. Bring your tissue.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
Falcons would go Watt or Rivers or Willis over Takk at 31. I know FF13 loves Takk, but the team seems to be focused in on Willis over anyone else right now.

LOL thats what scar thinks but he doesn't know anymore than i do about what the team really wants. None of us do until the draft and we could end up taking a CB or TE which i would hate but none of us know.

We have shown enough interest in all these guys at edge rusher to make it believable that any of them could be drafted so at that point as fans we just say which we would prefer i these mock drafts.

Scar likes Willis in the 1st for some reason while i like Taco and Takk in the 1st.

Takk, Feeney, Maye, and Hendrickson is an amazing group of guys for us that cover our scheme greatly and provides upgrades and talent across the board plus really good value on each guy imo.

Sprinkle in the 5th isn't a bad choice either we can use TE depth after hitting our big needs. Maybe a power RB or OLB in the 7th i think we are set.

Except that I do have a good idea. Unlike you, I do speak with scouts and agents and there's a massive interest in the faster guys. And a guy like Takk doesn't fit the Falcons athleticism standards (see his athletic testing that was awful at 3-cone and shuttle) Falcons don't draft EDGES unless they have sub 7.2 3-cones. Takk is at 7.55.

Challenge accepted then Scott if you seriously have inside info i'll back you on this and come off of Takk as a falcon choice. If you can legit prove your inside info from multiple scouts or inside guys or legit prove you work for the Falcons and work with the higher ups. Then you will never ever hear me doubt you again on a player or a pick and actually i'll be the 1st one to back you up on stuff or come to your defense. It's not like i dislike you it's the complete opposite as i think you are a great and wonderful person. But i'll put it this way you have been wrong many of times over the years when you stated something as almost a fact when arguing with people including me before. So either your sources like to lie you a bit which i would hope wouldn't be the case but if you have proof you work with them then that might as well be which is lame on their part and they should hold you in higher regard. or you don't have the sources you say you do all the time. You call me out for having no sources and i admit that all i do is fall back on my own eyes watching prospects, knowledge of football, tendencies my team i like has shown at times and see who they have shown interest in which this year is a ton of edge rushers. Then i go by what their value seems to be overall and where scouting reports and mock drafts say they will or should go then try to slot them best i can into mocks of who would help us best at the best value.

So as said i fully admit i have no sources and i never once claimed to but if you do then i say prove it big dog and i got your back 1000% from now on no matter who is coming at you.
Counselor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

Challenge accepted then Scott if you seriously have inside info i'll back you on this and come off of Takk as a falcon choice. If you can legit prove your inside info from multiple scouts or inside guys or legit prove you work for the Falcons and work with the higher ups. Then you will never ever hear me doubt you again on a player or a pick and actually i'll be the 1st one to back you up on stuff or come to your defense. It's not like i dislike you it's the complete opposite as i think you are a great and wonderful person. But i'll put it this way you have been wrong many of times over the years when you stated something as almost a fact when arguing with people including me before. So either your sources like to lie you a bit which i would hope wouldn't be the case but if you have proof you work with them then that might as well be which is lame on their part and they should hold you in higher regard. or you don't have the sources you say you do all the time. You call me out for having no sources and i admit that all i do is fall back on my own eyes watching prospects, knowledge of football, tendencies my team i like has shown at times and see who they have shown interest in which this year is a ton of edge rushers. Then i go by what their value seems to be overall and where scouting reports and mock drafts say they will or should go then try to slot them best i can into mocks of who would help us best at the best value.

So as said i fully admit i have no sources and i never once claimed to but if you do then i say prove it big dog and i got your back 1000% from now on no matter who is coming at you.

This is getting good!

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
Hootlander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big fan of Lattimore with his chronic shoulder and knee (S) issues. I’d rather have Conley or Humphries. Davis or Foster would also be good. If we go D in R1 rather have Zay Jones instead of Peppers in R2. Who knows what he can do at safety. The Bills have a lot of holes and only 6 (probably 7 now) so we cannot gamble on injury prone players or Peppers.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Basham, Qualls, and Dunker, and Conner is ok. The rest I'm not a fan of.

If we go WR. I'f prefer Ross or Davis over Williams, Williams doesn't do much of what we ask our LBs to do, and Wheeler is a RT only IMO. We need a guy who could play LT.
Vagrant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: FAME'S 2017 NFL MOCK DRAFT - Palantíri version Reply with quote

famousj wrote:

2017 NFL DRAFT

ROUND 1

1 22 Miami Dolphins - OG Forrest Lamp, Western Kentucky

ROUND 2

2 54 Miami Dolphins - LB Jarrad Davis, Florida

Great top side draft, but a few mods at the end would make this a solid draft for MIA....

famousj wrote:

ROUND 3

3* 97 Miami Dolphins - S Justin Evans, Texas A&M

MIA has a good group of safeties to work with at this time, I don't think they're focusing on S at this time. If it seems that way, it's smokescreen. They would look at DE or CB at this point, based on your draft. The options available at MIA's #97 are:

CB Cordrea Tankersley, Clemson
CB Sidney Jones, Washington
DE Tanoh Kpassagnon

The best pick of the list would be DE Tanoh Kpassagnon. We need help there.

famousj wrote:

ROUND 5

5 166 Miami Dolphins - WR Taywan Taylor, Western Kentucky
5* 178 Miami Dolphins - OT Dan Skipper, Arkansas
5* 184 Miami Dolphins -DE Deatrich Wise Jr., Arkansas

I think WR is a strength of the team. Even if we are all waiting on resigning Jarvis Landry. I don't think WR is the call here. But, Tanzel Smart would be! I think Taywan Taylor would be available at 184....

I think we consider another LB at 178. Boulware would be a groomer.

and finally, as I said above, if we DO take a WR in the draft at all, Taywan Taylor should be avail here.

Overall, I think this was a good draft. A few tweaks for my team and it would be solid. Great job at the top, since someone else thinks we need Safety help in the first round. LOL LOL LOL!
Zithers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

famousj wrote:
There are always a few WTF picks in the draft. Carolina is just the first one who may think they can't trade down or get a better LT option with their second round pick. The Panthers are reported to have brought in Robinson for a private visit. We'll see come draft day. Bring your tissue.

The Panthers haven't traded down once since Gettleman was hired.

We already have two starting OTs in Kalil and Oher. Cam Robinson isn't BPA (a practice Gettleman follows, hence Vernon Butler and Shaq Thompson being picked despite not being needs).

We'd almost certainly take McCaffrey in this scenario.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Packers first 2 picks but Beckwith is a bit of a reach in the 3rd IMO. With Sidney Jones sitting there, a 1st round talent, I would hope we would take him even with his injury concerns.

I wouldn't be upset at all if we went CB with 2 of our first 3 picks, we did it a couple years ago.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: