You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alabama LB Reuben Foster fails drug test at Combine
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the rumors are that his medical history is concerning teams, the specifics behind being sent home are not completely clear so there are more rumors attached to that, having a diluted drug test is again attached to more rumors that he's using illegal drugs. All these rumors are what create the red flags. That's fine if they bother you, i'm just saying they don't bother me.

His size concerns fine you got me, thats a fact. But again doesnt bother me, my opinion on Reuben Foster's draft potential is set.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
the rumors are that his medical history is concerning teams, the specifics behind being sent home are not completely clear so there are more rumors attached to that, having a diluted drug test is again attached to more rumors that he's using illegal drugs. All these rumors are what create the red flags. That's fine if they bother you, i'm just saying they don't bother me.

His size concerns fine you got me, thats a fact. But again doesnt bother me, my opinion on Reuben Foster's draft potential is set.

And if you guys take him at 2. I will laugh.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
Broncofan wrote:
Calvert28 wrote:
Show me one thing this offseason he's done to be judged a Top 10 pick. Or even 1st round for that matter? Game tape aside he has proven nothing. And I do mean nothing to NFL teams to get their interest.

Game tape when you play in the SEC and the BCS games that he's played in kinda matters. Laughing

If that's the argument you are going with good luck with that.

He never said his game tape didn't matter. All he's saying is that he's had a terrible draft process which is absolutely true. Not sure why this is so hard for people to comprehend.

oldman9er wrote:
Calvert28 wrote:
Game tape aside he has proven nothing. And I do mean nothing to NFL teams to get their interest.

did you really just think this out and type it? Shocked

What did he say that's wrong? Since the season ended he's dealt with an injury that's clouded him and has had multiple incidents that do nothing but reconfirm concerns people had with him going back to his time as a prep. Reuben Foster has had about as bad of a draft process you can have.

Day 3 prospect was the depth of fall VanS said. Which then got the hyperbolic post of the day reply. Which then garnered the convo above.
Not sure how calling a guy falling from the top 10 to Day 3 is hard for people to understand as hyperbolic. It is the very definition of hyperbolic.

As for the game tape comment itself it is ridiculous - because game tape put him in the top 5-10 range. Dismissing it minimizes the elite traits Foster displayed to get him that high even at a devalued position. I don't see how that's hard for people to understand either. :rolleyes:

A fall from top 5 -10 to late 1st is catastrophic for Foster. No one disputes a fall is happening. But a fall from top 5-10 to Day 3 is a ridiculous conclusion to arrive at. And still is. Now that's Van's original point - if Calvert was just S aying he's dropping because of the offseason stuff no one can argue. We simply disagree on the depth - Raiders are his worst case scenario at 25 IMO. Which is still a monumental fall when you are starting at top 5-10 range. But dismissing his game tape which put him at top 5/10 recombine is worth calling on - because the depth of fall changes from where you start.

Going from top 5-10 pre-Combine to outside the top 100 is not that tier. The only guys who fell that hard either had real questions if they could play ever again health wise or legal wise (La'el Collins). Even Myles Jack only fell to 33 when his long term health was much more in doubt. Foster isn't in that class of health issue and no real threat of legal issue yet (more positive tests needed before losing PT kicks in).

But he's now a Day 3 prospect. Exact words (from Van, to be fair). I'll just agree to disagree and move on.

Last edited by Broncofan on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
Day 3 prospect was the depth of fall Calvert said. Which then got the hyperbolic post of the day reply.

I don't care about that. That's why I didn't respond to it.

Broncofan wrote:
Game tape when you play in the SEC and the BCS games that he's played in kinda matters.

He never said game tape didn't matter.

Broncofan wrote:
I'll just agree to disagree and move on.

Or you could just admit you were wrong.
bananabucket

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy said "game tape aside"

Just let that sink in
Broncofan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
Broncofan wrote:
Day 3 prospect was the depth of fall Calvert said. Which then got the hyperbolic post of the day reply.

I don't care about that. That's why I didn't respond to it.

Broncofan wrote:
Game tape when you play in the SEC and the BCS games that he's played in kinda matters.

He never said game tape didn't matter.

Broncofan wrote:
I'll just agree to disagree and move on.

Or you could just admit you were wrong.

I'll do it when you present a convincing argument. Won't be the first time, won't be the last time. Nobody's perfect.

On that. It's was Van that was the first to say the Day 3 fall. Wrong there, already edited. See? Not hard. Just not wrong about the game tape call. Still ridiculous. Let's just agree you're wrong (kidding - we just agree to disagree).
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
I'll do it when you present a convincing argument. Won't be the first time, nobody's perfect.

I'm thoroughly confused.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
Broncofan wrote:
I'll do it when you present a convincing argument. Won't be the first time, nobody's perfect.

I'm thoroughly confused.

Not sure why this is hard for people to comprehend. Laughing

(Sorry - you walked into that reply. We aren't convincing each other. That's ok. We don't have to agree. Moving on).

Last edited by Broncofan on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bananabucket wrote:
The guy said "game tape aside"

Just let that sink in

Hey! Another guy who gets what that means.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
Not sure why this is hard for people to comprehend.

HIM: Game tape aside

YOU: Game tape when you play in the SEC and the BCS games that he's played in kinda matters.

He said game tape aside. He didn't imply it didn't matter. You didn't interpret what he said correctly.
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:

I guess I'm still not following how an injury that required surgery and may require another (rumor) on top of multiple documented concussions are rumors. Being sent home from the combine for behavioral reasons also is not a rumor. That happened. I also said nothing about him doing illegal drugs. I simply said he failed a drug test, which he did, and he will now be in the NFL's testing program starting off as a rookie. This may be a bit of semantics, but putting the 'rumor' label on things that he can control (Combine incident and one could argue the drug test) as well as things that people should clearly be worried about (being injured at a job interview that requires you to be in peak physical condition, while I understand does happens, doesn't mean GMs/scouts simply ignore) is a bit ridiculous imo. Maybe you don't worry about a player who's had multiple documented injuries who plays one of the most physical postitions in football in a uncommonly physical way, but I do. I also worry about a guy who can't keep his cool with a staff member at the biggest job interview of his life when he knows everyone is watching him, no matter what situation he was put it. Like you said, you are set in your evaluation of Foster, but to me there are a lot of red flags on him caused by his history and his actions this offseason.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Yin-Yang

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many eligible players are worth 1st rounders - "game tape aside"? Adams, Garrett, Fournette, and Ross - who else?

Are Malik Hooker and Corey Davis first rounders without film?

There's no point in looking at a player from an evaluation standpoint without their game tape. Using that crutch of a phrase as an inhibitor against a player is idiotic.

biletnikoff wrote:
I can guarantee the Pats wont make it to the SB. Thats a lock. I will not be wrong. It doesnt matter whether its because of losses or Brady going down.It just wont happen.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
Broncofan wrote:
Not sure why this is hard for people to comprehend.

Game tape aside

He said game tape aside. He didn't imply it didn't matter. You didn't interpret what he said correctly.

This is all I'm saying.

Man.

All good. But I'll admit a 2nd time where I was wrong - it was Calvert's assertion that Foster was a Day 3 prospect. For which that post was the reply. Which you say you don't care about - but it's the context which makes the statement absurd. To now borrow your phrase genuinely - I don't see how this is hard for people to comprehend.

To me and others who read it - Calvert is saying the tape doesn't matter enough to keep him out of Day 3. It's not implied - it's actually said. If you want to split hairs and say Calvert didn't say it doesn't matter at all, your call. Saying it doesn't matter enough to put him into Day 3, it's still a ridiculous statement either way you cut it. That's the point being made. And it's still beyond ridiculous IMO.

We've beaten this horse to death, apologies to the rest. Moving on (yes I said it before but I did want to show I will admit I was wrong on Van vs. Calvert as theDay 3 OP...2x.).
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
Calvert's assertion that Foster was a Day 3 prospect.

Calvert is all over the place. He called him possibly a 3rd round prospect. Possibly a 4th round prospect. Possibly undrafted. The only thing he left out was the possibility of Reuben Foster dying before the draft.
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
Calvert28 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
PFTCommenter‏ @PFTCommenter 1m1 minute ago

just soldifies him as a high first rounder

They are the same damn drugs he's using.

He came in lighter and shorter at the combine then what people thought he would be at 6-0 230ish, when most thought he would be high 240's and at 6-1.

Had a fight with a medical worker, left the combine, never put up a pro day unless I missed something. All the while to find out he just failed a drug test. And a non passing test is considered a failed with teams about to shell out millions to a basket case.

he is 3rd or 4th rounder at best right now. With im sure teams already taking him off their boards. If anything else pops up at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if he fell to late 3rd day. If at all drafted.

And the award for hyperbolic post of the day goes to....

Laughing

Seriously, given how little the NFL teams cares about PED's (except when it comes down to handing out guaranteed long-term deals, and of course, the first principle - don't get caught), it might make him drop out of the top 10, but someone will take a shot.

OAK at 25 is the absolute latest that he will fall IMO. IND, WAS, NYG and even DEN would be happy if he fell that far, so I don't even know that it would get that far as OAK.

I agree, this guy is too good a football player for him to slip too far, some team will get a steal if its a huge drop. I cannot see him dropping out of the top teens IMO unless further checks on his character reveal many serious problems.

If his character checks out, he will not fall more than a few spots at best.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: