FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

Alabama LB Reuben Foster fails drug test at Combine
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Alabama LB Reuben Foster fails drug test at Combine Reply with quote

Just got the update on my phone.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000801347/article/alabama-linebacker-reuben-foster-failed-drug-test-at-combine

Quote:
Last month, Foster was notified that his urine sample obtained in Indianapolis during the combine was reported as dilute. Based on the provisions of the NFL's policy and program for substances of abuse, "this will be treated like a positive test."

How does this affect his draft stock, if anything?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFTCommenter‏ @PFTCommenter 1m1 minute ago

just soldifies him as a high first rounder

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:

Laughing
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guarantees his floor is the Bengals pick.

^^El ramster^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

#JDI
FootballProdiG wrote:
Cant spell choke without OKC
Calvert28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:

They are the same damn drugs he's using.

He came in lighter and shorter at the combine then what people thought he would be at 6-0 230ish, when most thought he would be high 240's and at 6-1.

Had a fight with a medical worker, left the combine, never put up a pro day unless I missed something. All the while to find out he just failed a drug test. And a non passing test is considered a failed with teams about to shell out millions to a basket case.

he is 3rd or 4th rounder at best right now. With im sure teams already taking him off their boards. If anything else pops up at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if he fell to late 3rd day. If at all drafted.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:

He came in lighter and shorter at the combine then what people thought he would be at 6-0 230ish, when most thought he would be high 240's and at 6-1.

Had a fight with a medical worker, left the combine, never put up a pro day unless I missed something. All the while to find out he just failed a drug test. And a non passing test is considered a failed with teams about to shell out millions to a basket case.

he is 3rd or 4th rounder at best right now. With im sure teams already taking him off their boards. If anything else pops up at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if he fell to late 3rd day. If at all drafted.

And the award for hyperbolic post of the day goes to....

Laughing

Seriously, given how little the NFL teams cares about PED's (except when it comes down to handing out guaranteed long-term deals, and of course, the first principle - don't get caught), it might make him drop out of the top 10, but someone will take a shot.

OAK at 25 is the absolute latest that he will fall IMO. IND, WAS, NYG and even DEN would be happy if he fell that far, so I don't even know that it would get that far as OAK.
NickSabansHat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:

Laughing Why would anyone think that? He doesn't look 240+ and it was fairly well publicized that he dropped weight prior to this past season to play in the 225-235 range.
Chwf3rd25

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:

Overreact much?
VanS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone please remind me, someone on this site has been saying Reuben Foster has SERIOUS character concerns for a while now?

I just can't remember who it was. Cool
MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

News broken on 4/20.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
VanS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chwf3rd25 wrote:
Calvert28 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:

Overreact much?

That is no overreaction. Remember Randy Gregory was also considered a top 10 pick in 2015 before the failed drug test at the combine. Then the Cowboys reached for him in the 2nd round and he's been failing drug tests ever since.

Teams will be scared off by this given the recent history of guys like Randy Gregory, Dion Jordan, and Josh Gordon.

Reuben Foster is about to tumble really far down the draft boards.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's been doing a lot of apologizing since leaving Alabama. Who knows where he goes at this point. What a train-wreck.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
News broken on 4/20.

We usually hear about the failed tests as week before the draft.
Calvert28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
Calvert28 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:

And the award for hyperbolic post of the day goes to....

Laughing

Seriously, given how little the NFL teams cares about PED's (except when it comes down to handing out guaranteed long-term deals, and of course, the first principle - don't get caught), it might make him drop out of the top 10, but someone will take a shot.

OAK at 25 is the absolute latest that he will fall IMO. IND, WAS, NYG and even DEN would be happy if he fell that far, so I don't even know that it would get that far as OAK.

Show me one thing this offseason he's done to be judged a Top 10 pick. Or even 1st round for that matter? Game tape aside he has proven nothing. And I do mean nothing to NFL teams to get their interest.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This and the thing at the hospital definitely will cost him millions. Probably still a 1st rounder but if he fell out of the first it wouldn't surprise me given how Goddell would come down on him

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: