You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Group Consensus Mock - Round 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should be the Steelers fourth round pick? (if these players were available)
Joshua Dobbs
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
D'Onta Freeman
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
ArDarius Stewart
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Amara Darboh
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Daeshon Hall
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Corn Elder
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Anthony Walker Jr.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Trey Hendrickson
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Kareem Hunt
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Samaje Perine
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Marlon Mack
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wayne Gallman
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Vince Biegel
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Josh Malone
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Connor Harris
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Damontae Kazee
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Dawuane Smoot
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ryan Switzer
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Chad Williams
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Isaiah Ford
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23

Author Message
JLambert58


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 2031
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
jcm412 wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
waffles7 wrote:
Freeman easily for me.


I would say the same but he's no good at pass protection.


At first I thought Freeman, but why not get a starting WR in Stewart over a backup RB. Unless they don't plan to lock up Bell long term.


Yep, that's my thinking. Even though I do like Gallman as a backup to Bell. Coates with his fingers and Bryant with his situation, it just makes sense to add another really solid #2/#3 guy into the mix.


No number 2 RB who can hold the fort for a few games whenBell gets dinged...no long term deal for Bell as of now either.

It's time to shore up RB.


Can't argue with that. So who do you like?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jcm412


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 3874
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
AlanFanecaFan wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
jcm412 wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
waffles7 wrote:
Freeman easily for me.


I would say the same but he's no good at pass protection.


At first I thought Freeman, but why not get a starting WR in Stewart over a backup RB. Unless they don't plan to lock up Bell long term.


Yep, that's my thinking. Even though I do like Gallman as a backup to Bell. Coates with his fingers and Bryant with his situation, it just makes sense to add another really solid #2/#3 guy into the mix.


No number 2 RB who can hold the fort for a few games whenBell gets dinged...no long term deal for Bell as of now either.

It's time to shore up RB.


Can't argue with that. So who do you like?


With all the RBs on the board. One will be there at 5.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chieferific


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 4943
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcm412 wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
AlanFanecaFan wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
jcm412 wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
waffles7 wrote:
Freeman easily for me.


I would say the same but he's no good at pass protection.


At first I thought Freeman, but why not get a starting WR in Stewart over a backup RB. Unless they don't plan to lock up Bell long term.


Yep, that's my thinking. Even though I do like Gallman as a backup to Bell. Coates with his fingers and Bryant with his situation, it just makes sense to add another really solid #2/#3 guy into the mix.


No number 2 RB who can hold the fort for a few games whenBell gets dinged...no long term deal for Bell as of now either.

It's time to shore up RB.


Can't argue with that. So who do you like?


With all the RBs on the board. One will be there at 5.

That's my thinking. One you've gotten this deep into the draft, RBs are dime a dozen IMO. I personally don't see much difference between Mack, Perrine, Hunt, Gallman, Foreman, McNichols, Connor, J. Williams...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JLambert58


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 2031
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
jcm412 wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
AlanFanecaFan wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
jcm412 wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
waffles7 wrote:
Freeman easily for me.


I would say the same but he's no good at pass protection.


At first I thought Freeman, but why not get a starting WR in Stewart over a backup RB. Unless they don't plan to lock up Bell long term.


Yep, that's my thinking. Even though I do like Gallman as a backup to Bell. Coates with his fingers and Bryant with his situation, it just makes sense to add another really solid #2/#3 guy into the mix.


No number 2 RB who can hold the fort for a few games whenBell gets dinged...no long term deal for Bell as of now either.

It's time to shore up RB.


Can't argue with that. So who do you like?


With all the RBs on the board. One will be there at 5.

That's my thinking. One you've gotten this deep into the draft, RBs are dime a dozen IMO. I personally don't see much difference between Mack, Perrine, Hunt, Gallman, Foreman, McNichols, Connor, J. Williams...


Don't know about that. The later you get into the draft, the more careful you have to be imo. Bell has missed games every year he's been on the team. We saw what kind of disaster happened in the playoff game two years ago when we didn't have a RELIABLE RB to start. All the guys you mentioned have talent, but can they get it done on a moment's notice? Can they fill in for Bell without a big dropoff? I want a guy who is talented as a runner, pass catcher, blocker and pass protector and one who doesn't have a fumbling problem or is injury prone. This is a pretty decent group overall, but if you wait too long to grab one, you start to see more glaring weaknesses.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steelers75


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 832
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject: draft Reply with quote

corn elder
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KJtheWicked


Joined: 30 Dec 2007
Posts: 1909
Location: Norrisville, Pa
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait is that D'Onta Foreman? That's insane value at this point. I went with him but I'd be shocked if he even made it to us in the 3rd.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gatoradus


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 2631
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, is the mock for like, who we WANT or who we THINK the Steelers will pick?

This mock is wishful, I'd love to have a draft like this.

However, maybe unrealistic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Magnus-Viktor


Joined: 28 Apr 2016
Posts: 245
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with Hendrickson. I think we need more OLBs to hedge our bets. He has a good motor, a quality athlete with decent size, and looked good at the senior bowl.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JLambert58


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 2031
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Wait, is the mock for like, who we WANT or who we THINK the Steelers will pick?

This mock is wishful, I'd love to have a draft like this.

However, maybe unrealistic.


Who do YOU want. Any of these players could theoretically fall. Probably not all of them together but I'm not going for a strict interpretation of the board.
I'm gauging what the group wants as a collective based on "possibilities."
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JLambert58


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 2031
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJtheWicked wrote:
Wait is that D'Onta Foreman? That's insane value at this point. I went with him but I'd be shocked if he even made it to us in the 3rd.


Foreman is a good runner but not a particularly good pass catcher or pass protector.

*realized I wrote Freeman on the poll. oops
_________________


Last edited by JLambert58 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chieferific


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 4943
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
jcm412 wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
AlanFanecaFan wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
jcm412 wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
waffles7 wrote:
Freeman easily for me.


I would say the same but he's no good at pass protection.


At first I thought Freeman, but why not get a starting WR in Stewart over a backup RB. Unless they don't plan to lock up Bell long term.


Yep, that's my thinking. Even though I do like Gallman as a backup to Bell. Coates with his fingers and Bryant with his situation, it just makes sense to add another really solid #2/#3 guy into the mix.


No number 2 RB who can hold the fort for a few games whenBell gets dinged...no long term deal for Bell as of now either.

It's time to shore up RB.


Can't argue with that. So who do you like?


With all the RBs on the board. One will be there at 5.

That's my thinking. One you've gotten this deep into the draft, RBs are dime a dozen IMO. I personally don't see much difference between Mack, Perrine, Hunt, Gallman, Foreman, McNichols, Connor, J. Williams...


Don't know about that. The later you get into the draft, the more careful you have to be imo. Bell has missed games every year he's been on the team. We saw what kind of disaster happened in the playoff game two years ago when we didn't have a RELIABLE RB to start. All the guys you mentioned have talent, but can they get it done on a moment's notice? Can they fill in for Bell without a big dropoff? I want a guy who is talented as a runner, pass catcher, blocker and pass protector and one who doesn't have a fumbling problem or is injury prone. This is a pretty decent group overall, but if you wait too long to grab one, you start to see more glaring weaknesses.

Ok, but out of that list of 8 RBs which RB is clearly superior to the rest? I personally think McNichols, whom is not in the poll, is the best of the rest but I don't think he's dramatically better than "insert Mid-RB here". The point being, take a position of lesser depth if it's logical to think one of these RBs will be available next pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JLambert58


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 2031
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
jcm412 wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
AlanFanecaFan wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
jcm412 wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
waffles7 wrote:
Freeman easily for me.


I would say the same but he's no good at pass protection.


At first I thought Freeman, but why not get a starting WR in Stewart over a backup RB. Unless they don't plan to lock up Bell long term.


Yep, that's my thinking. Even though I do like Gallman as a backup to Bell. Coates with his fingers and Bryant with his situation, it just makes sense to add another really solid #2/#3 guy into the mix.


No number 2 RB who can hold the fort for a few games whenBell gets dinged...no long term deal for Bell as of now either.

It's time to shore up RB.


Can't argue with that. So who do you like?


With all the RBs on the board. One will be there at 5.

That's my thinking. One you've gotten this deep into the draft, RBs are dime a dozen IMO. I personally don't see much difference between Mack, Perrine, Hunt, Gallman, Foreman, McNichols, Connor, J. Williams...


Don't know about that. The later you get into the draft, the more careful you have to be imo. Bell has missed games every year he's been on the team. We saw what kind of disaster happened in the playoff game two years ago when we didn't have a RELIABLE RB to start. All the guys you mentioned have talent, but can they get it done on a moment's notice? Can they fill in for Bell without a big dropoff? I want a guy who is talented as a runner, pass catcher, blocker and pass protector and one who doesn't have a fumbling problem or is injury prone. This is a pretty decent group overall, but if you wait too long to grab one, you start to see more glaring weaknesses.


Ok, but out of that list of 8 RBs which RB is clearly superior to the rest? I personally think McNichols, whom is not in the poll, is the best of the rest but I don't think he's dramatically better than "insert Mid-RB here". The point being, take a position of lesser depth if it's logical to think one of these RBs will be available next pick.


I think that remains to be seen who is best, but I agree in theory that they are all in a similar range. It really depends what we as the Steelers braintrust want. More of a workhorse? better ball security? better speed? quickness? vision? etc. etc. My point is that as a decision maker, I would want to find the RIGHT guy that I think would be able to step in and provide DeAngelo type production from Game 1. I'd say there is a significant difference in Rd. 4 RBs and Rd. 7 RBs in their overall game and the ability to play "above the line" for a game or 3 as starter.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chieferific


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 4943
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
jcm412 wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
AlanFanecaFan wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
jcm412 wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
waffles7 wrote:
Freeman easily for me.


I would say the same but he's no good at pass protection.


At first I thought Freeman, but why not get a starting WR in Stewart over a backup RB. Unless they don't plan to lock up Bell long term.


Yep, that's my thinking. Even though I do like Gallman as a backup to Bell. Coates with his fingers and Bryant with his situation, it just makes sense to add another really solid #2/#3 guy into the mix.


No number 2 RB who can hold the fort for a few games whenBell gets dinged...no long term deal for Bell as of now either.

It's time to shore up RB.


Can't argue with that. So who do you like?


With all the RBs on the board. One will be there at 5.

That's my thinking. One you've gotten this deep into the draft, RBs are dime a dozen IMO. I personally don't see much difference between Mack, Perrine, Hunt, Gallman, Foreman, McNichols, Connor, J. Williams...


Don't know about that. The later you get into the draft, the more careful you have to be imo. Bell has missed games every year he's been on the team. We saw what kind of disaster happened in the playoff game two years ago when we didn't have a RELIABLE RB to start. All the guys you mentioned have talent, but can they get it done on a moment's notice? Can they fill in for Bell without a big dropoff? I want a guy who is talented as a runner, pass catcher, blocker and pass protector and one who doesn't have a fumbling problem or is injury prone. This is a pretty decent group overall, but if you wait too long to grab one, you start to see more glaring weaknesses.


Ok, but out of that list of 8 RBs which RB is clearly superior to the rest? I personally think McNichols, whom is not in the poll, is the best of the rest but I don't think he's dramatically better than "insert Mid-RB here". The point being, take a position of lesser depth if it's logical to think one of these RBs will be available next pick.


I think that remains to be seen who is best, but I agree in theory that they are all in a similar range. It really depends what we as the Steelers braintrust want. More of a workhorse? better ball security? better speed? quickness? vision? etc. etc. My point is that as a decision maker, I would want to find the RIGHT guy that I think would be able to step in and provide DeAngelo type production from Game 1. I'd say there is a significant difference in Rd. 4 RBs and Rd. 7 RBs in their overall game and the ability to play "above the line" for a game or 3 as starter.

Agreed but not between Rd 4 and Rd 5. Not this year anyway. FWIW, I've been touting Yearby out of Miami. He can be had in Rd 7/UDFA. I guess I'm seeing something that's not there cause I think there is a great deal of potential in him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MDSteeler1971


Joined: 14 Apr 2015
Posts: 462
Location: Jefferson, MD
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeman can't block and has fumblitis so no. I want Darboh who would compliment AB as he can stretch the field with his size (6'2 214 lbs) and speed (4.45 40). Plus I want RB Connor in the 5th....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JLambert58


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 2031
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
jcm412 wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
AlanFanecaFan wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
jcm412 wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
waffles7 wrote:
Freeman easily for me.


I would say the same but he's no good at pass protection.


At first I thought Freeman, but why not get a starting WR in Stewart over a backup RB. Unless they don't plan to lock up Bell long term.


Yep, that's my thinking. Even though I do like Gallman as a backup to Bell. Coates with his fingers and Bryant with his situation, it just makes sense to add another really solid #2/#3 guy into the mix.


No number 2 RB who can hold the fort for a few games whenBell gets dinged...no long term deal for Bell as of now either.

It's time to shore up RB.


Can't argue with that. So who do you like?


With all the RBs on the board. One will be there at 5.

That's my thinking. One you've gotten this deep into the draft, RBs are dime a dozen IMO. I personally don't see much difference between Mack, Perrine, Hunt, Gallman, Foreman, McNichols, Connor, J. Williams...


Don't know about that. The later you get into the draft, the more careful you have to be imo. Bell has missed games every year he's been on the team. We saw what kind of disaster happened in the playoff game two years ago when we didn't have a RELIABLE RB to start. All the guys you mentioned have talent, but can they get it done on a moment's notice? Can they fill in for Bell without a big dropoff? I want a guy who is talented as a runner, pass catcher, blocker and pass protector and one who doesn't have a fumbling problem or is injury prone. This is a pretty decent group overall, but if you wait too long to grab one, you start to see more glaring weaknesses.


Ok, but out of that list of 8 RBs which RB is clearly superior to the rest? I personally think McNichols, whom is not in the poll, is the best of the rest but I don't think he's dramatically better than "insert Mid-RB here". The point being, take a position of lesser depth if it's logical to think one of these RBs will be available next pick.


I think that remains to be seen who is best, but I agree in theory that they are all in a similar range. It really depends what we as the Steelers braintrust want. More of a workhorse? better ball security? better speed? quickness? vision? etc. etc. My point is that as a decision maker, I would want to find the RIGHT guy that I think would be able to step in and provide DeAngelo type production from Game 1. I'd say there is a significant difference in Rd. 4 RBs and Rd. 7 RBs in their overall game and the ability to play "above the line" for a game or 3 as starter.


Agreed but not between Rd 4 and Rd 5. Not this year anyway. FWIW, I've been touting Yearby out of Miami. He can be had in Rd 7/UDFA. I guess I'm seeing something that's not there cause I think there is a great deal of potential in him.


Fair enough.

Yearby looks dynamic when he gets space to work in. Not sure he's the type of runner that will create that space out of nothing. He would certainly benefit from a good OLine like ours.

To your larger point, I think RB might be one of the most overlooked positions in draft. With guys like Arian Foster and Priest Holmes and that guy from the Redskins a few years ago, etc. there can be some gems in there that people don't pick up on. Maybe there are more facets/aspects to the position that are harder to evaluate as a player transitions to the NFL.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group