You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cadmus Mock v2.5A (OL Edition) **Poll Added**
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What OL prospect in the 2017 NFL Draft appears to be the best fit for the Packers?
Forrest Lamp
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Dion Dawkins
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Dan Feeney
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Nico Siragusa
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Kofi Amichia
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Levon Myers
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Corey Levin
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Other (Post A Comment)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

SE500

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This excellent work! Yes, more positions.

I've been on the Lamp train from very early on. Sadly, I do not believe he will be there at 29. How about Feeney with our 2?
vegas492

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
vegas492 wrote:
I'm a pretty big fan of Feeney in the third. You realistically think he will be there?

At our pick? Probably not.

Miami and Minnesota both desperately need Guards so he could be off the board by the end of the 2nd or he could fall to the middle of the 3rd, but I don't see him dropping much further than that. The only potential curveball with Feeney is the concussion situation. That could drop him to our pick, but would Green Bay even be interested if that were the reason?

I have a high 3rd Rd grade on Feeney and that's the only reason I put him in the 3rd in the mock. It's the same thing with Myers (Late 5th-Early 6th) and Levin (Late 6th). If they were close enough to that round I just selected them with the next pick.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking more in line with trading one of our 5'th round picks to move up in the third to get a guy like Feeney.
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
Cadmus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegas492 wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
vegas492 wrote:
I'm a pretty big fan of Feeney in the third. You realistically think he will be there?

At our pick? Probably not.

Miami and Minnesota both desperately need Guards so he could be off the board by the end of the 2nd or he could fall to the middle of the 3rd, but I don't see him dropping much further than that. The only potential curveball with Feeney is the concussion situation. That could drop him to our pick, but would Green Bay even be interested if that were the reason?

I have a high 3rd Rd grade on Feeney and that's the only reason I put him in the 3rd in the mock. It's the same thing with Myers (Late 5th-Early 6th) and Levin (Late 6th). If they were close enough to that round I just selected them with the next pick.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking more in line with trading one of our 5'th round picks to move up in the third to get a guy like Feeney.

We'll see. There could be a massive run on OL in the 2nd RD. It wouldn't surprise me if almost 1/5 of the picks in the 2nd RD end up being at the OL position.

Question for all of you.

Who strikes you as the most "Packers" OL prospect in the entire NFL Draft?
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see this but with pass rushers.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawkins will not be there at 61 and if he is for some reason, we have to pick him. I think he goes before Lamp.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
Dawkins will not be there at 61 and if he is for some reason, we have to pick him. I think he goes before Lamp.

Cadmus wrote:

Cadmus wrote:
There could be a massive run on OL in the 2nd RD. It wouldn't surprise me if almost 1/5 of the picks in the 2nd RD end up being at the OL position.

I'm well aware that Dawkins may not be available at our pick, but I don't see any reason why he would be selected before Lamp.

The primary purpose of the exercise was to evaluate the realistic options for Green Bay at each point in the draft.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always stop reading at "X player won't be at [#Y] draft slot."

Wonder how many people would have said that re: Aaron Rodgers at 24 or Bryan Bulaga at 23. Or more recently people adamantly saying Randall would have fallen to the late second round. Players fall for a variety of reasons and sometimes they're ranked vastly differently from team to team.

There are exceptions but generally it's silly. None of us have a clue. It doesn't hurt to speculate in the event someone did fall (like Dawkins to 61; I'm opposed to his pick).

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
Cadmus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:

Wonder how many people would have said that re: Aaron Rodgers at 24 or Bryan Bulaga at 23. Or more recently people adamantly saying Randall would have fallen to the late second round. Players fall for a variety of reasons and sometimes they're ranked vastly differently from team to team.

There are exceptions but generally it's silly. None of us have a clue. It doesn't hurt to speculate in the event someone did fall (like Dawkins to 61; I'm opposed to his pick).

Not a Dawkins fan, eh Central?
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

Neutral. Just not sure about the personality type, some have compared him to Newhouse. Not sure how he fits in in our room.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

Neutral. Just not sure about the personality type, some have compared him to Newhouse. Not sure how he fits in in our room.

I walked into going okay this guy is newhouse. I didn't get that feeling watching it though.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

I walked into going okay this guy is newhouse. I didn't get that feeling watching it though.

He's not Newhouse.

I was holding my tongue when that comp was offered up because I didn't think it was worth another FF throwdown.

If everything clicks with Dawkins you are getting a very high-end player IMO.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

He's not Newhouse.

I was holding my tongue when that comp was offered up because I didn't think it was worth another FF throwdown.

I've seen it on at least 10 occasions now. Not just here obviously.
pgwingman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Cadmus!

Here's a question for you. Since we lost 2 linemen in the draft, lets say we acquire two replacements via the draft.

Who would you add, given the positions you have them slotted to go?
squire12

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be in the minority, but for a 5th round pick (last pick in the 5th round), Newhouse has had a pretty solid NFL career. Started 13 games as a rookie for GB on a team that was 15-1 and had a record setting offense.

Bahktiari has certainly developed more than what Newhouse did, but Bahktiari also was playing along side a veteran Sitton/ Lang vs a 1st year starter in TJ Lang.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

He's not Newhouse.

I've seen it on at least 10 occasions now. Not just here obviously.

lmao, I know why now. A certain someone tweeted it Laughing

Got repeated after.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: