You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Rumors and Trends Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
If the Bears are 15-33 and there answer at QB is a mediocre Glennon than I think it is reasonable for people to call for Ryan Pace's job as well as John Fox.

You cannot lose 30+ games, have 3 top 10 picks, and not have attempted to address the QB position. I am sorry to me that show a fundamental lack of football knowledge.

I just do not see what a steady 4 technique or SS is actually going to do for this team?

What if... and hear me out... what if Pace actually likes Glennon more than Watson/Trubisky/Mahomes with one year on the bench?

Then he better pray that Glennon plays well and that the Bears win more than 5-6 games.

You can have a wild opinion as long as you are right.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Pace is welcome to believe in Mike Glennon and put all of his eggs in the Glennon basket.

If Glennon struggles then he should be fired and we should hire someone who can evaluate the QB position.

If Glennon is average and Trubisky or Watson becomes a star he should be fired as well.

A lot of risk for Pace.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you draft Watson I think Pace gets a guaranteed 3 years

2017-Glennon
2018-Watson's first year starting with growing pains
2019-Watson's 2nd season would be huge for him
G08

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

2017-Glennon

Pace is under contract through the 19-20 season.

I don't think it's a huge stretch for him to build this defense, give Glennon a shot for 2017, and then if he sucks go after your QB in 2018 and unleash him in 2019.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

2017-Glennon

I don't think it's a huge stretch for him to build this defense, give Glennon a shot for 2017, and then if he sucks go after your QB in 2018 and unleash him in 2019.

5 years before we see his hand picked QB hit the field.

He will need a contract extension before then.

Are you comfortable extending him without seeing what he has done with his hand picked QB?

Are you comfortable allowing him to mortgage future picks to move up and get the QB he wants?
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way that Pace makes it to the 2019 season, his last under contract, without an extension or being fired. No one hits the last year of their deals.

I am not extending a GM without seeing his long term answer at QB. I do not care how many good 5 technique he drafts.

Pace's QB choice in my world comes down to Glennon or the 2017 draft. He can choose Glennon or both. I think both is the safest move for him.
TB 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good mock draft as I also like the trade down. Walter Football released a mock draft that had the Bears drafting Deshaun Watson in the 2nd Round. Evidently one NFL team said they had him as a 3rd round talent. I still have a hard time seeing Watson going in the 2nd Round. If Pace likes Watson he should take him at 3. No one will remember if he was a reach as along as he is a good QB.
G08

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

2017-Glennon

Are you comfortable extending him without seeing what he has done with his hand picked QB?

Are you comfortable allowing him to mortgage future picks to move up and get the QB he wants?

I'm just saying, don't be surprised if he wants to build the defense and offense for 2017, roll with Glennon/Sanchez, and if Glennon bombs he can draft his QB in the 2018 draft and either start the kid then, or give him a year to simmer and then unleash him in his (Pace's) final year under contract.

This also gives him the ability to fire Fox after this season, hire someone new, and let THAT head coach handpick his QB.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
RunningVaccs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
If the Bears are 15-33 and there answer at QB is a mediocre Glennon than I think it is reasonable for people to call for Ryan Pace's job as well as John Fox.

You cannot lose 30+ games, have 3 top 10 picks, and not have attempted to address the QB position. I am sorry to me that show a fundamental lack of football knowledge.

I just do not see what a steady 4 technique or SS is actually going to do for this team?

What if... and hear me out... what if Pace actually likes Glennon more than Watson/Trubisky/Mahomes with one year on the bench?

Who really thinks Pace thinks that Glennon is going to an above average starter? This is an actual question.

So far, we have this to go on: paid somewhere between starter and backup money, Pace said he tried to trade for Glennon in the past.

It would be an insane leap of faith, and frankly, stupid.

My biggest worry is that when Pace can't trade down, he goes with Adams or Allen in the fist, hoping that Kizer or Mahomes is there in the 2nd. When they're not, he ignores it again thinking Peterman or Webb in the 3rd and drafts a CB in the 2nd. Then those super-long-shots get drafed and we have to hear some BS about how he really thought Kaaya was a bargain in the 4th.

I'm fine with taking a QB at 3. Would prefer they trade back a bit, then get their guy or second choice, but I would be thrilled if they took a gamble and took a shot at a QB. I will not be excited by a trench minder.
G08

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RunningVaccs wrote:
G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Who really thinks Pace thinks that Glennon is going to an above average starter? This is an actual question.

So far, we have this to go on: paid somewhere between starter and backup money, Pace said he tried to trade for Glennon in the past.

It would be an insane leap of faith, and frankly, stupid.

My biggest worry is that when Pace can't trade down, he goes with Adams or Allen in the fist, hoping that Kizer or Mahomes is there in the 2nd. When they're not, he ignores it again thinking Peterman or Webb in the 3rd and drafts a CB in the 2nd. Then those super-long-shots get drafed and we have to hear some BS about how he really thought Kaaya was a bargain in the 4th.

I'm fine with taking a QB at 3. Would prefer they trade back a bit, then get their guy or second choice, but I would be thrilled if they took a gamble and took a shot at a QB. I will not be excited by a trench minder.

My ideal move is to drop down to 6 or 8, and take your highest rated QB there.

WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

2017-Glennon

I'm just saying, don't be surprised if he wants to build the defense and offense for 2017, roll with Glennon/Sanchez, and if Glennon bombs he can draft his QB in the 2018 draft and either start the kid then, or give him a year to simmer and then unleash him in his (Pace's) final year under contract.

This also gives him the ability to fire Fox after this season, hire someone new, and let THAT head coach handpick his QB.

We are in a position this season to potentially pick whichever QB we want. Not get the 3rd QB or the one other teams pass on.

That is an opportunity.

Or we wait till 2018 and hear all about how Pace "tried" to trade up for Rosen but couldn't.
G08

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

2017-Glennon

We are in a position this season to potentially pick whichever QB we want. Not get the 3rd QB or the one other teams pass on.

That is an opportunity.

Or we wait till 2018 and hear all about how Pace "tried" to trade up for Rosen but couldn't.

It is an opportunity, a great opportunity. My question still remains: what makes you think Pace likes any QB at #3, including the notion of sitting them for a year to get better, greater than he likes Mike Glennon + a stud corner/safety/pass rusher?

I ask this as someone that loves Watson/Trubisky/Mahomes

WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because common sense means that you cannot bank on Glennon being good enough to keep you job.

Because the stud CB won't do anything for us if Glennon flops. Ask JJ Watt.
gah112

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Because common sense means that you cannot bank on Glennon being good enough to keep you job.

JJ Watt's made the playoffs for 2 straight seasons. Meanwhile franchise QBs like Brees, Luck, and Rivers were sitting home.
G08

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gah112 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

JJ Watt's made the playoffs for 2 straight seasons. Meanwhile franchise QBs like Brees, Luck, and Rivers were sitting home.

Bingo.

Look at Joe Flacco man... can't do a damned thing without a top 10 defense. Franchise QBs are nice, but you need a team around them.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: