Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Schedule
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: 2017 Schedule Reply with quote

Schedule set to be released tonight.

Klis already dropped this.

Quote:
League Network source: Broncos to open 2017 season at home vs LA Chargers on Monday night.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an east-coast guy (AAA's favorite place) Laughing this one is going to be brutal. 10pm start time. I'll be taking a nap that day.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Broncofan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we know we have the following home games:

OAK, LAC, KC (duh)
NE, NYJ, CIN, NYG, DAL

That leaves the following road games:

OAK, LAC, KC
BUF, MIA, PHI, WAS, IND

The large slate of early games on the road will really test the historical struggles WC teams face going east. BUF/PHI could be really nasty games weather wise if they are late in the season.

On the whole, our home/away slot is pretty favorable - playing the 2 best NFC East teams from last year at home, and the Pats at home, is pretty hard not to be happy with. Out of all the cold weather games possible, we drew IND instead of CIN, and MIA instead of NE/NYJ. Obviously the sequencing of the games is yet to come, but overall it's hard to complain with our schedule so far in terms of who we drew home/away - SoS wise, we drew the hardest schedule based on 2016 standings, but there's little we can do to change it, the NFL template is fixed, so at least we didn't get hosed on our home/away draws - imagine getting @CIN/BUF/NE in Nov/Dec, and then @NYG/DAL instead of hosting them, for example.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
As an east-coast guy (AAA's favorite place) Laughing this one is going to be brutal. 10pm start time. I'll be taking a nap that day.
Mountain time zone ftw!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always up real late anyway, I'm a go to bed at 2 or 3am/wake up at 9 or 10am kind of guy, so how late the games go never affects me.

Given that we're likely to be a finesse team like we were in the Peyton era and Mac era, BF's point about when we play who is important. I hope we get the Buffalo game in September and the Miami game in December and the Philly game in the first half of the season as well.

If Klis is right, and I assume he is, and we open the season on MNF against the Chargers that could be our lone MNF game, which would be fine with me because MNF sucks. I also have to assume that either the New England, one of the Oakland or Dallas game will be on Sunday night, maybe two or three of them. Hopefully our TNF game is at home against KC. I think Denver-Oakland is too big for TNF and TNF games are always division games and it's unlikely both Chargers games are nationally televised. And on that point, I doubt Chargers have a nationally-televised home game, the NFL won't like the optics of a team's home game being played in a 30,000 seat college soccer stadium.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giants schedule leaked. Denver will host the Giants on SNF on October 15th.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Giants schedule leaked. Denver will host the Giants on SNF on October 15th.

Makes sense. Even though we're usually a pretty strong national draw, NBC probably wants to play it safe and pair us with a big-market East Coast team to assure strong ratings.

bhslinebacker wrote:
Broncofan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently we host NE on week 10...after their bye. Damn that really negates our HFA giving them an extra week to prepare for us.

EDIT: Worse, we soften NE up for @OAK Week 11...in a Mexico game. That hurts.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/4/20/15323140/denver-broncos-schedule-2017

Quote:
1 Sep 11 vs. San Diego Chargers (MNF) 8:20 PM ESPN
2 Sep 17 vs. Dallas Cowboys 2:25 PM FOX
3 Sep 24 at Buffalo Bills 11:00 AM CBS
4 Oct 1 vs. Oakland Raiders 2:25 PM CBS
5 Oct 8 BYE
6 Oct 15 vs. New York Giants (SNF) 6:30 PM NBC
7 Oct 22 at San Diego Chargers 2:25 PM CBS
8 Oct 30 at Kansas City Cheifs (MNF) 6:30 PM ESPN
9 Nov 5 at Philadelphia Eagles 11:00 AM CBS
10 Nov 12 vs. New England Patriots (SNF) 6:25 PM NBC
11 Nov 19 vs. Cincinnati Bengals 2:25 PM CBS
12 Nov 26 at Oakland Raiders 2:25 PM CBS
13 Dec 3 at Miami Dolphins 11:00 AM CBS
14 Dec 10 vs. New York Jets 2:00 PM CBS
15 Dec 14 at Indianapolis Colts (TNF) 6:25 PM NFLN
16 Dec 24 at Washington Redskins 11:00 AM CBS
17 Dec 31 Kansas City Chiefs 2:25 PM CBS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside of the early bye, I think it shapes up pretty favorably. Soft December schedule and the first four games are all very winnable. We get the Bills early and the Dolphins late. Three primetime games at home is good.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:

Quote:
5 Oct 8 BYE

Looks like MHR plagiarized this schedule. What a surprise.

In all seriousness, it breaks down just about as one would expect. A few things to like and a few things about which to complain.

A few thoughts on our schedule and the overall schedule for everyone.

-The early bye is balanced out somewhat by the late-season TNF game. It would be preferable to get TNF at home, or at least have to go west rather than east, but I guess that's the way that goes.

-Speaking of TNF, they're not all divisional games. I guess the NFL is trying to throw whatever they can at the wall and hopes it sticks to try to save that embarrassment.

-I'm not wild about 4 of the last 6 being on the road, but four and the first five at home with a bye in there as well should help get the new offense into some rhythm that hopefully builds through the year.

-Three-straight on the road mid-season, the last of which is an early game on the East Coast will be a real test. If we go 2-1 in that stretch we know we've got a shot at a deep run.

-Getting four prime time games was a nice surprise, I was only expecting two. Plus, the chance for a late-season flex game; week 12 in Oakland to week 17 vs. KC being prime targets considering how closely-fought the division should be.

-Ugh, I hate having four early games. I like it when we play at 2:25; I hate having to get up early on a Sunday and get to the bar by 10:30am. Had to do that four times last year and it sucked. Afternoon games are ideal.

-As I predicted, the Chargers do not have a nationally-televised (prime time) game at home. And, their home games in the national window (4:25 EST) are in week 3 vs KC, where CBS will show the GB/CIN game nationally and week 7 at home against us, where CBS will broadcast NYG/SEA (yes that is not a typo, CBS has that NFC match-up that week). The NFL really hates the idea of one showing one of their teams playing in a 30,000 seat college soccer stadium.

-Cowboy-Giants as the Sunday night opener is a real surprise. Rolling Eyes What's that five times in the last six year's that's been the SNF opener? Thanks NBC and the NFL.

-That said I'm really surprised Dallas only has four (non-TNF) prime time games. I figured with who they are the fact that they're coming off a successful season the NFL would have tried everything in their power to give them seven (rather than the allowed six, non-flexed) prime time games.

-The MNF schedule sucks again. ESPN must be so pissed. I love it. Seriously, their season-opener is Saints at Vikings? LOL. [/quote]

bhslinebacker wrote:
Broncofan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

Quote:
5 Oct 8 BYE

Looks like MHR plagiarized this schedule. What a surprise.

In all seriousness, it breaks down just about as one would expect. A few things to like and a few things about which to complain.

A few thoughts on our schedule and the overall schedule for everyone.

-The early bye is balanced out somewhat by the late-season TNF game. It would be preferable to get TNF at home, or at least have to go west rather than east, but I guess that's the way that goes.

-Speaking of TNF, they're not all divisional games. I guess the NFL is trying to throw whatever they can at the wall and hopes it sticks to try to save that embarrassment.

-I'm not wild about 4 of the last 6 being on the road, but four and the first five at home with a bye in there as well should help get the new offense into some rhythm that hopefully builds through the year.

-Three-straight on the road mid-season, the last of which is an early game on the East Coast will be a real test. If we go 2-1 in that stretch we know we've got a shot at a deep run.

-Getting four prime time games was a nice surprise, I was only expecting two. Plus, the chance for a late-season flex game; week 12 in Oakland to week 17 vs. KC being prime targets considering how closely-fought the division should be.

-Ugh, I hate having four early games. I like it when we play at 2:25; I hate having to get up early on a Sunday and get to the bar by 10:30am. Had to do that four times last year and it sucked. Afternoon games are ideal.

-As I predicted, the Chargers do not have a nationally-televised (prime time) game at home. And, their home games in the national window (4:25 EST) are in week 3 vs KC, where CBS will show the GB/CIN game nationally and week 7 at home against us, where CBS will broadcast NYG/SEA (yes that is not a typo, CBS has that NFC match-up that week). The NFL really hates the idea of one showing one of their teams playing in a 30,000 seat college soccer stadium.

-Cowboy-Giants as the Sunday night opener is a real surprise. Rolling Eyes What's that five times in the last six year's that's been the SNF opener? Thanks NBC and the NFL.

-That said I'm really surprised Dallas only has four (non-TNF) prime time games. I figured with who they are the fact that they're coming off a successful season the NFL would have tried everything in their power to give them seven (rather than the allowed six, non-flexed) prime time games.

-The MNF schedule sucks again. ESPN must be so pissed. I love it. Seriously, their season-opener is Saints at Vikings? LOL.

The one area that seems just really bad besides the 3 straight road games is the NE sequence with us & OAK.

NE comes off bye to face us. We come off having to go on the road for an early game. Sucks, but that's life.

What really hurts is that not only does NE go to Mexico City to face OAK, but OAK then has a bye to get ready for NE. That's a big double whammy for us. Facing a BB team with an extra week to prepare is really tough..then we soften them up to face OAK who gets 2 weeks to prepare for the Pats. UGH.

Still, I'm always a believer in addressing what we can control. We only have 2 post-Turkey Day East Coast/northern climate games out of the the 5 AFCE/NFCE and CIN road games, and one of them is @NYJ, no excuses there. Getting BUF, NYG and PHI done by 1st week of November is really huge for us. And we get to face OAK Week 4 at home, then a bye, then NYG. That's as good of a sequence to take advantage of the bye as possible, the bye isn't being "wasted" on a team we should be able to easily handle, so that's good.

If we are at 6-3 facing NE for that Week 10 we are in really good shape. Tall order, but after NE other than @OAK, all the games we should be either even odds or have home cooking on our side. We definitely need to go at least 6-2 at worst at home. 7-1 (or better) would likely guarantee our playoffs.

Gotta say with the draft less than a week away, and the schedule finally here, the offseason seems like it's starting to fly by now. Can't wait!
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the schedule is awful. It's favorable that we get 4 of the first 5 at home, especially with a rookie HC. That's a good way to break in your coaching career. Not to mention, 5 primetime games is always a welcome thing, especially when 3 of them are at home.

The 3 back to back away games midseason is tough, but I would point out that two of them are relatively short flights, and the Chargers game may very well be akin to a home game.

On a personal level, I'm disappointed how some of the games fell. Was really trying to swing that Redskins game with some college buddies, but the Christmas Eve timing kinda kills that. Definitely going to the Eagles game though.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Broncofan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
I don't think the schedule is awful. It's favorable that we get 4 of the first 5 at home, especially with a rookie HC. That's a good way to break in your coaching career. Not to mention, 5 primetime games is always a welcome thing, especially when 3 of them are at home.

The 3 back to back away games midseason is tough, but I would point out that two of them are relatively short flights, and the Chargers game may very well be akin to a home game.

On a personal level, I'm disappointed how some of the games fell. Was really trying to swing that Redskins game with some college buddies, but the Christmas Eve timing kinda kills that. Definitely going to the Eagles game though.

If it's to make the playoffs, I totally agree. The lack of cold weather games really is a blessing. And can't complain with 5 PT games.

But realizing we have to have a LOT to go our way with how we fill our remaining holes, but I can't help myself, I try and look at our chances to contend overall - that's where the Week 10/11 NE schedule bites us hard. BB with 2 weeks to prepare for us, and then OAK has 2 weeks to prepare for NE right after. Double whammy - OAK gets NE in the best possible situation, we get NE with the worst weapon available given to them - more prep time. Maybe we can beat NE and then NE can beat OAK (and so we'd win tiebreakers with them), but if say we lose to NE and then OAK beats NE, worst case scenario for our chances to get good seeding, and first off, winning the AFCW just got a lot harder.

Then again, I probably need someone to give me the Jim Mora "PLAYOFFS???" GIF. Laughing
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

If it's to make the playoffs, I totally agree. The lack of cold weather games really is a blessing. And can't complain with 5 PT games.

But realizing we have to have a LOT to go our way with how we fill our remaining holes, but I can't help myself, I try and look at our chances to contend overall - that's where the Week 10/11 NE schedule bites us hard. BB with 2 weeks to prepare for us, and then OAK has 2 weeks to prepare for NE right after. Double whammy - OAK gets NE in the best possible situation, we get NE with the worst weapon available given to them - more prep time. Maybe we can beat NE and then NE can beat OAK (and so we'd win tiebreakers with them), but if say we lose to NE and then OAK beats NE, worst case scenario for our chances to get good seeding, and first off, winning the AFCW just got a lot harder.

Then again, I probably need someone to give me the Jim Mora "PLAYOFFS???" GIF. Laughing

Eh, it's hard to put too much into the schedules now. Teams always fall off/overperform. Oakland was so good last year and people didn't initially expect it. Injuries will obviously always factor in.

Denver's SOS is misleading because they have OAK/KC 2x.

Thanks, Tzimisce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: