Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Schedule is being released today
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done:

Falcons
@ Bucs
Steelers
@ Packers, TNF
Vikings, MNF
@ Ravens
Panthers
@Saints
Bye
Packers
Lions
@ Eagles
49ers
@ Bengals
@ Lions, Saturday
Browns
@ Vikings

Wins against Minnesota, Lions, Browns, 49ers. Fox gets canned after they lose to NO and head into the bye 1-7.
Epyon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
Done:

Falcons
@ Bucs
Steelers
@ Packers, TNF
Vikings, MNF
@ Ravens
Panthers
@Saints
Bye
Packers
Lions
@ Eagles
49ers
@ Bengals
@ Lions, Saturday
Browns
@ Vikings

Wins against Minnesota, Lions, Browns, 49ers. Fox gets canned after they lose to NO and head into the bye 1-7.

He won't get canned until the season is over, but man does that schedule suck for Glennon's career... I'm nearly positive Glennon is benched the moment we hit 7 losses, with whatever draft pick closing out the punted season.
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epyon wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
Done:

Falcons
@ Bucs
Steelers
@ Packers, TNF
Vikings, MNF
@ Ravens
Panthers
@Saints
Bye
Packers
Lions
@ Eagles
49ers
@ Bengals
@ Lions, Saturday
Browns
@ Vikings

He won't get canned until the season is over, but man does that schedule suck for Glennon's career... I'm nearly positive Glennon is benched the moment we hit 7 losses, with whatever draft pick closing out the punted season.

If they start 1-7, he *should* be fired at that point
Epyon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
Epyon wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
Done:

Falcons
@ Bucs
Steelers
@ Packers, TNF
Vikings, MNF
@ Ravens
Panthers
@Saints
Bye
Packers
Lions
@ Eagles
49ers
@ Bengals
@ Lions, Saturday
Browns
@ Vikings

If they start 1-7, he *should* be fired at that point

I'm not sure we go 1-7 of the first 8, but I do think we'll easily be on pace to hit 7 loses somewhere in that game 9-12 area, which gets Glennon benched in favor of whatever rookie we get..... who closes out the remaining, significantly easier, schedule....

Just pointing out it's all setup to make Glennon look worse than he actually is, and likely make our rookie draft pick look better than he actually is as we roll to something like 5-7 wins.
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our schedule starts tough but get easier as the season goes on. Depending on who we draft, we could have anywhere from 3-10 wins. Teams go from worst to first all the time, why not us? As long as we beat GB I'll be happy.
bkokot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowler1215 wrote:
Our schedule starts tough but get easier as the season goes on. Depending on who we draft, we could have anywhere from 3-10 wins. Teams go from worst to first all the time, why not us? As long as we beat GB I'll be happy.

6 wins in a schedule like this, with a team like ours, would be incredibly optimistic.

2013 Bears Forum Pick'em Champion
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cle and SF are wins

TB, Bal, Cin, Car, NO, Philly are all 50/50

We should beat Minny and/or Det at least once. Hopefully GB once(or preferably twice)
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epyon wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
Done:

Falcons
@ Bucs
Steelers
@ Packers, TNF
Vikings, MNF
@ Ravens
Panthers
@Saints
Bye
Packers
Lions
@ Eagles
49ers
@ Bengals
@ Lions, Saturday
Browns
@ Vikings

Idk about that. Its a lot easier to start your HC search earlier in the year than it is to wait until the end of the season, plus the headlines about your team are dominated by the firing watch. If Fox goes 1-7 (and I'd say its a distinct possibility) I'd wager he's fired at the bye, Fangio becomes interim HC and John Harbaugh watch probably starts in Michigan.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
topwop1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the same story every year when looking at the schedule.

It is what it is. Everyone knew that the Bears were going to face these teams before the schedule came out last night.

What difference does it make when they play which team? They still have to play those teams regardless. On any given Sunday...

The good thing is that they have a bye right in the middle of the schedule so I wouldn't say Bears got screwed.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkokot wrote:
Bowler1215 wrote:

6 wins in a schedule like this, with a team like ours, would be incredibly optimistic.

What a schedule looks like on paper is irrelevant. Remember how "easy" the second half of the 2015 season looked?

It's impossible to base predictions on the previous season. Formerly good teams struggle and formerly bad teams surge every year.

The overreaction to this schedule when we've known most of the opponents for years now is completely insane.
topwop1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
bkokot wrote:
Bowler1215 wrote:

What a schedule looks like on paper is irrelevant. Remember how "easy" the second half of the 2015 season looked?

It's impossible to base predictions on the previous season. Formerly good teams struggle and formerly bad teams surge every year.

The overreaction to this schedule when we've known most of the opponents for years now is completely insane.

Agreed. Like I said it's the same stupid reaction every year at this time when we already knew they were going to play these teams months ago. Laughing

Plus like you said things change so rapidly from year to year in the NFL. Last year has no bearing on what will happen this year in terms of strength of schedule.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Epyon wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
Done:

Falcons
@ Bucs
Steelers
@ Packers, TNF
Vikings, MNF
@ Ravens
Panthers
@Saints
Bye
Packers
Lions
@ Eagles
49ers
@ Bengals
@ Lions, Saturday
Browns
@ Vikings

Idk about that. Its a lot easier to start your HC search earlier in the year than it is to wait until the end of the season, plus the headlines about your team are dominated by the firing watch. If Fox goes 1-7 (and I'd say its a distinct possibility) I'd wager he's fired at the bye, Fangio becomes interim HC and John Harbaugh watch probably starts in Michigan.

You mean Jim? If we are waiting for him we are going to have a long wait. We missed the opportunity to hire him.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Epyon wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
Done:

Falcons
@ Bucs
Steelers
@ Packers, TNF
Vikings, MNF
@ Ravens
Panthers
@Saints
Bye
Packers
Lions
@ Eagles
49ers
@ Bengals
@ Lions, Saturday
Browns
@ Vikings

Stating that an ex-player who yells and screams should be the next head coach is the the most meathead thing ever, like we saw with Singletary a few years back.

BUT, I agree in this case. Harbaugh's a program builder. He turned Stanford into a winning team, made the lowly 49ers and perennial contender, and took Michigan from a complete joke to one of the top teams in the nation.

The way he gets the culture of the team, the type of team he wants to run (running and defense), and the way the fans would love him are just nice bonuses on top of his ability to turn teams around.
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Epyon wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
Done:

Falcons
@ Bucs
Steelers
@ Packers, TNF
Vikings, MNF
@ Ravens
Panthers
@Saints
Bye
Packers
Lions
@ Eagles
49ers
@ Bengals
@ Lions, Saturday
Browns
@ Vikings

Stating that an ex-player who yells and screams should be the next head coach is the the most meathead thing ever, like we saw with Singletary a few years back.

BUT, I agree in this case. Harbaugh's a program builder. He turned Stanford into a winning team, made the lowly 49ers and perennial contender, and took Michigan from a complete joke to one of the top teams in the nation.

The way he gets the culture of the team, the type of team he wants to run (running and defense), and the way the fans would love him are just nice bonuses on top of his ability to turn teams around.

Speaking of Stanford.. David Shaw please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: