Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who will we pick at 30?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject: Who will we pick at 30? Reply with quote

So we are a week out from the draft. I'm curious what your gut is telling you the pick will be. Not so much who you want it to be, but who you think it will be. Seems like some years we all have a pretty good idea who they want, some years we are in suspense as they could go a number of different directions. This year seems like the latter of the two.

I'll start this out. Over the last couple days of watching prospects, seeing who they've talked to and various reports we've heard, my gut is telling me, if he's still on the board, they will select Budda Baker.

I think, as much as we've all talked about Edge rushers with Deebo playing on borrowed time, they see this hybrid safety position as a huge need, and Baker checks all the boxes. I think the Peppers interest might be there, but is a bit of a smokescreen for teams ahead of them looking at safety. Baker isn't quite as explosive as Peppers, but it's close. But his coverage ability and potential to also play the slot I think puts him ahead of Peppers on their board.

I also, however, get the feeling he might not be there at 30. It seems like these safeties come off the board earlier every year. Guys who hover around early 2nd round wind up going mid 1st, so we'll see.

Like I said, this isn't who I'm pounding the table for, although I wouldn't be upset with it, just who my gut is telling me they want.

Props to CalhounLambeau
jebrick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would I like?

Bowser

Who do I think they pick? This is really hard this year.
Charles Harris

Who they should pick Gareon Conley CB Ohio State

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont want it, but I get the feeling it will be an ILB....or more like, a guy they view as someone that could possibly play either OLB or ILB that will ultimately end up at ILB, like Riddick or Watt.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Who will we pick at 30? Reply with quote

KJtheWicked wrote:
my gut is telling me, if he's still on the board, they will select Budda Baker.

IMO, way too much like Shamarko. Id be shocked.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
I dont want it, but I get the feeling it will be an ILB....or more like, a guy they view as someone that could possibly play either OLB or ILB that will ultimately end up at ILB, like Riddick or Watt.

Yeah I can see that too. I wouldn't be a fan either.

Props to CalhounLambeau
jebrick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Who will we pick at 30? Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
KJtheWicked wrote:

Baker is too much like the safety they do not need. They need to cover.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
warfelg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

I got a miserable feeling that they're going to trade to the 15-20 range to take Peppers.

And War is going to spend $1000 for another TV.

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
warfelg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Who will we pick at 30? Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
KJtheWicked wrote:

I don't get the stupid obsession with safeties that hit but are [inappropriate/removed] at coverage.

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
jebrick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Who will we pick at 30? Reply with quote

warfelg wrote:
jebrick wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
KJtheWicked wrote:

I don't get the stupid obsession with safeties that hit but are [inappropriate/removed] at coverage.

They act like it is still the 90's or early 2000's. They need CB and safety who can cover. Bowser would be great as an OLB that is the best cover EDGe in the draft.

1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

I would be ticked if they draft an ILB.

Please give me a OLB or secondary player.

Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
KofQ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will end up being Watt or Charles Harris. I think olb is a pressing need and the value will be there.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair though, the interest is there. They were at his pro day, and spent a visit on him. So we know he's on their board. The level of interest is unknown. Are they looking at him at 30? Did they think he might be there in the 2nd? The feeling I get is that they are looking more at guys who could play the hybrid safety "Deone Buchanon" role.

Props to CalhounLambeau
jebrick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just guessing who could be there when the Steelers pick

T.J. Watt
Takkarist McKinley
Jarrad Davis
Marlon Humphrey
Adoree' Jackson
Kevin King
Tre'Davious White
Gerald Everett
Obi Melifonwu
Jabrill Peppers

I am not including players who are solid 2nd round players like Tim Williams. I think Takk is falling well into the 2nd round but he is a type of player that the Steelers sometimes love.

I am scared to say that Humphrey may be the pick. I am not a fan.

LayTheWood56

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
Who would I like?

Bowser

Who do I think they pick? This is really hard this year.
Charles Harris

Who they should pick Gareon Conley CB Ohio State

I really don't think Harris will be there when they draft. I don't think he gets past GB or Dallas.

Who do I want them to draft....Gareon Conley, but I don't think he will be there.

Who do I think they will draft......probably Peppers. I really think they want a hybrid safety.

Mad props to Uncle Buck on the sig!
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one draft where I've seen so many different players mocked to the Steelers than in the past. Usually there seemed to be around five or so constant players that you see mocked but this year I've seen positions of QB, WR, TE, OLB, S, and CB all picked by reporters and "experts". Then you throw in the different players at a position like OLB and it's been like 20 different players I've seen.

In just one week we'll soon find out. Unless of course they trade down which I certainly won't be opposed to. I think they could do that and still grab the player they are targeting in the second round. Can't wait for the draft.

Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: