You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Bears Thoughts 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Gotta say I'm extremely excited to see Leonard Floyd's progression from year one to year two. He seems to be garnering a lot of respect from his pass rushing peers, here's what Dee Ford had to say about him;

Quote:
"I've watched Leonard play. He's strong. He's lighter. He needs mass, that little bit of mass will help him out as far as the initial impact. But he's really good. I don't want to say great yet. There are a lot of things he needs to learn, but once he does, he'll be unstoppable because he is tall. I am a fan of him. I like him. He probably doubled my snaps from his rookie year." Ford said

Quote:

"Leonard Floyd is a lean, long guy who is athletic and can rush. I like his game a lot." says Julius Peppers

I truly think Floyd has 15+ sack potential next season.

Hopefully Floyd can progress as Ford and Vic Beasley have, both undersized speed rushers.

I think it would help if Floyd had another competent pass rusher coming off of the other side. We'll see if any of the other guys can stay healthy...
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody else think the Bears will be completely counted out of their opener versus Atlanta and that they actually have a legit shot to win that game?

Personally, I think the Falcons, despite how talented they are, will be thought of highly out of the gate but then have horrendous season. Coming off of a Super Bowl loss of unthinkable proportions, losing Kyle Shanahan and transitioning to Steve Sarkisian, Julio Jones coming off of a surgery... it won't surprise me if they have a similar season or worse than Carolina did last year.
G08

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Anybody else think the Bears will be completely counted out of their opener versus Atlanta and that they actually have a legit shot to win that game?

Personally, I think the Falcons, despite how talented they are, will be thought of highly out of the gate but then have horrendous season. Coming off of a Super Bowl loss of unthinkable proportions, losing Kyle Shanahan and transitioning to Steve Sarkisian, Julio Jones coming off of a surgery... it won't surprise me if they have a similar season or worse than Carolina did last year.

I believe fully in the Super Bowl hangover, and losing Shanahan I believe is going to knock Matt Ryan down a peg back toward his career numbers (~90 rated QB).

I think if we shut down their run and make them one dimensional we can tee off on him with Floyd/McPhee and the gang. It's a winnable game... we just need to run the ball well and not make mistakes on offense.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
dll2000

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:

Atlanta has so much team speed on offense and defense, they will definitely be heavy favorites.

They might be sleeping on Bears though as everyone is down on them. You can't look past anyone in NFL.
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

I believe fully in the Super Bowl hangover, and losing Shanahan I believe is going to knock Matt Ryan down a peg back toward his career numbers (~90 rated QB).

I think if we shut down their run and make them one dimensional we can tee off on him with Floyd/McPhee and the gang. It's a winnable game... we just need to run the ball well and not make mistakes on offense.

If a team...

1) tees off on the opposing QB because they shut down the run
2) run the ball well offensively
3) not turn the ball over...

every game, they go 19-0.
G08

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
G08 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

If a team...

1) tees off on the opposing QB because they shut down the run
2) run the ball well offensively
3) not turn the ball over...

every game, they go 19-0.

Not necessarily but sure.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
G08

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Zach Zaidman‏Verified account @ZachZaidman 21m21 minutes ago
More
John Fox on training #Bears QBs with virtual reality: "We're able to get it in a meeting room setting where It's virtually like practicing."

This makes me so happy... cutting edge stuff and it'll be great, IMO, for Trubisky's development. Carson Palmer spoke very highly about it during his successful AZ year.

thebeast15

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw some quotes about messing with Sutton at RG and switching around he and Long.
G08

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name them, no cheating!

chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebeast15 wrote:
Saw some quotes about messing with Sutton at RG and switching around he and Long.

Pretty sure that's already a done deal to assist Long with his recovering shoulder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what Devin Hester's career would've looked like if teams weren't allowed to punt away from him.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:

Name them, no cheating!

Actually sort of tough...

Top row: No idea....Victor Cruz...Josh Bellamy...Deonte Thompson...Markus Wheaton...Kendall Wright...Rueben Randle...Tanner Gentry

Bottom row: Not sure...Cam Meredith...Kevin White... Coah Azzannini(sp?)

Daniel Braverman and Titus Davis are missing, obviously neither are DBrave so one has to be Davis and I literally am stumped on the last guy.

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
thebeast15 wrote:

Pretty sure that's already a done deal to assist Long with his recovering shoulder

In none of the reasoning I've heard as to "messing around with the two playing both sides" (John Fox), has Longs injury been mentioned. They've talked about wanting the more athletic of the two on the left due to the high volume of pulls. It actually makes a ton of a sense, especially considering Sitton has in fact started more NFL games on the right side than the left.

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
IronMike84

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things that I don't want to hear any more of: complaints that include a gross miscalculation of captial.

I can't believe they gave Glennon ALL THAT money!

I can't believe that traded away ALL THOSE picks!

You mean that glorified one-year deal and trading a third rounder to move up one spot? Yeah, wow, that's a boatload. Rolling Eyes
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:

Name them, no cheating!

From left to right

Not good
Not good
Good and ascending
Use to be good
Should have been cut
Injury bust
Not good
Interesting but injured
Bust
No Idea
Hass, Fantuz, Sanzenwaddle

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: